Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1617

Thread: Gone Girl

  1. #1291
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,566
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    temporarily or definitively?
    it'd be very fast. i have my doubts

  2. #1292
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Thats really strange…because I messaged the seller and they said there is no back cover. Also, the titles seem very made up. I could be wrong, but a track called WTF & Reveal & The Hammer?




    I also messaged the seller and got the same response.

  3. #1293
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Is T-Dog and Att-a-boy at the GG tonight?

  4. #1294
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    http://instagram.com/p/xuu-7RzPQE/ nevermind - looks like they already have plans

  5. #1295
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,896
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Is T-Dog and Att-a-boy at the GG tonight?
    Trizzle McRizzle is, not seen the A-bomb

  6. #1296
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Is T-Dog and Att-a-boy at the GG tonight?
    Trent and Mariqueen definitely are, I would assume Atticus is also
    http://instagram.com/p/xuu-7RzPQE/

  7. #1297
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    aaaand he didnt win

  8. #1298
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Swing and a miss.

  9. #1299
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Such horse shit.

  10. #1300
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    A Warm Place
    Posts
    384
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I only watched GG and Interstellar so my opinion could be VERY biased, but I thought one of the two would win the Golden Globe.

  11. #1301
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,896
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    aaaand he didnt win
    they*

    And also, why do people get upset about these things, it's not like the winning score isn't also fantastic

  12. #1302
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I only watched GG and Interstellar so my opinion could be VERY biased, but I thought one of the two would win the Golden Globe.
    I feel almost the same. Just substitute Interstellar for The Imitation Game. Only heard that one score along with Gone Girl, and thought they were both magnificent.

  13. #1303
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,896
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)

  14. #1304
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The land down under
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Half there, anyway...

  15. #1305
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    527
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Mariqueen posted a Phhhoto of Liberty Ross all dolled up, so I assume she attended with Atticus.

    I wanted our boys to win, obviously, but it's also kind of fun that they've reached that stage of film scoring where it's a given that they'll be nominated even if the wins are rare. It took a few other composers years to reach that stage. Hooray for TR/AR making the in crowd so quickly. They deserve it.

    On the actual music: I haven't found myself wanting to listen to Gone Girl as a standalone score very often, definitely not as often as the last two, BUT I just watched the movie again and it's SO GOOD in there. It might be my favorite of the three scores as far as how well it works with the film, which says a lot considering how good Social Network was.

  16. #1306
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,896
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Mariqueen posted a Phhhoto of Liberty Ross all dolled up, so I assume she attended with Atticus.
    Liberty is dating Johnny Iovine, so it's more likely she went with him and Atticus brought Claud - but I've not seen much more pics so who knows.


    edit lol nvm, the photographers just refuse to take a photo of all 4: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/461359306 http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/461363452
    Last edited by sheepdean; 01-11-2015 at 11:28 PM.

  17. #1307
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tel Aviv, Israel
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    they*

    And also, why do people get upset about these things, it's not like the winning score isn't also fantastic
    I actually strongly dislike the winning score. Suprised by the love it gets

  18. #1308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,940
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Such a nice picture of Trent with Hans Zimmer and Antonio Sanchez - tweeted by Antonio Sanchez. Nice that there seems to be a bit more of a spirit of camaraderie in films compared to the music industry (sorry about the image size)

    https://twitter.com/AntonioDrumsX/st...61321086099457

    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-12-2015 at 04:28 AM.

  19. #1309
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Honestly, it's just a few days since I saw Theory of Everything, and I don't remember anything about the score, at all. I was surprised it was even nominated.
    It wasn't the only bizarre win of the night, though.

  20. #1310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,940
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Honestly, it's just a few days since I saw Theory of Everything, and I don't remember anything about the score, at all. I was surprised it was even nominated.
    It wasn't the only bizarre win of the night, though.
    The film won a lot of things though didn't it? Similar to the Social Network being the favourite in 2010, although in that case the score won the Oscar despite the slight Kings Speech backlash

  21. #1311
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,547
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Johannsson's score is another favorite.
    I don't like quoting myself but .... called it.
    It will be the same thing at the Oscar. It will be either Desplat or Johannsson considering the more conservative voting going on at the Oscars.
    I think T&A's odds were much better at the Globes.

  22. #1312
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,940
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Actual red carpet interview with Trent and Atticus

    https://tv.yahoo.com/video/trent-rez...024638599.html

  23. #1313
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,195
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Actual red carpet interview with Trent and Atticus

    https://tv.yahoo.com/video/trent-rez...024638599.html

  24. #1314
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,829
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Such a nice picture of Trent with Hans Zimmer and Antonio Sanchez - tweeted by Antonio Sanchez. Nice that there seems to be a bit more of a spirit of camaraderie in films compared to the music industry (sorry about the image size)

    https://twitter.com/AntonioDrumsX/st...61321086099457

    Oh man, that's awesome, Hans Zimmer is so awesome. I really do hope that Reznor and Zimmer work together on something, someday. Although, with Zimmer's night hours, that will probably never happen.

  25. #1315
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,940
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Oh man, that's awesome, Hans Zimmer is so awesome. I really do hope that Reznor and Zimmer work together on something, someday. Although, with Zimmer's night hours, that will probably never happen.
    I watched the Dark Knight recently and I loved the score although I wasn't too keen on the film. Otherwise I'm not really up on Hans Zimmer music, I haven't even seen the Lion King!

  26. #1316
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,829
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I watched the Dark Knight recently and I loved the score although I wasn't too keen on the film. Otherwise I'm not really up on Hans Zimmer music, I haven't even seen the Lion King!
    Dude, GLADIATOR!!! :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUmIELyNGrU

    This guy did a pretty good compilation, I *love* Zimmer:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKuZ_3XjbA0
    Last edited by allegro; 01-12-2015 at 02:11 PM.

  27. #1317
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,940
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Dude, GLADIATOR!!! :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUmIELyNGrU

    This guy did a pretty good compilation, I *love* Zimmer:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKuZ_3XjbA0
    Actually I've SEEN Gladiator, just didn't know he did the music! I've also seen Thelma & Louise and I've seen the first two Pirates of the Caribbean films, utter shit though they were. I just found out some weird facts though - he played on the Buggles' Video Killed the Radio Star and the theme to Going for Gold, which was an unbelievably shit daytime quiz show in the UK - I'd say that counts as embarrassing early work!


  28. #1318
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Actual red carpet interview with Trent and Atticus

    https://tv.yahoo.com/video/trent-rez...024638599.html
    Maybe I must of missed it but the interviewer didn't introduce T-Rez and Atticus. Also, I loved the part when the interviewer said that many were most excited to see Trent.

    While Trent and Atticus lost, I hope that they put it into perspective: they were fucking nominated. That's an accomplishment in itself. I'm really happy to see him and Atticus branching out into scoring and I am even happier that the Hollywood community has embraced them with open arms.

  29. #1319
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    aaaand he didnt win
    Gone Girl?

    More like Gone Glory.

  30. #1320
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,560
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This would be a perfect timing for billy's opinion

Posting Permissions