Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Random General ETS Comments & Questions

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Random General ETS Comments & Questions

I didn't know where to put this, as this also includes opinions and observations beyond moderation issues. I also couldn't find any proper thread to post the following.

1. First and foremost, the simple fact that I can have the chance to converse with other Nine Inch Nails fans. It's actually hard to find other Nine Inch Nails fans in real life sometimes, as unbelievable as that might sound. Then again, getting people into Nine Inch Nails is usually easy when they're up for it, so that's cool too, and it gives me this site to promote, which I enjoy doing whenever I get the chance to do so.

2. I like how I'm able to actually discuss my interests in albums and similar bands here. When compared to talking about music with most people I've known and met in real life, it's not as easy. I've also noticed that publicity and sales are also discussed more, and rock music and electronic music in general isn't really discussed or even brought up at all, and sometimes rarely if ever. Albums aren't also an actual topic of discussion most of the time either. I'm also using those terms loosely, considering how genres have branched out and still branch out exponentially, but I hope you get the overall idea and picture. I'm also far from being around the biggest music buffs there, but I really appreciate the open-mindedness and informed opinions regarding music here. ETS has helped expand my taste in music, and has helped me change my opinions into more open-minded ones as well.

3. And while this is a given on Internet forums, I like how legible posts are when I read them here. It's sometimes hard to read what people say on Facebook and Twitter, and even an eyesore.

4. The moderation here is also very top-notch and organized. It's very convenient and easy on the eyes. Threads are very easy to search for, which is great considering how looking for things can be a hassle sometimes.

5. It's also a great relief to see that people are are generally accepting of other people's sexuality and sexual orientations as well, considering how homophobia and transphobia runs rampant on other parts of the Internet, just like it would in real life. And for obvious reasons, it's nice to see that racism gets stamped out too, as it should. And coming from a background that also judges people harshly and negatively for having sex outside of marriage and/or monogamy, it really does mean a lot to me.

6. This is also in relation to number 5, and obviously a given, and an enormous relief that to know and see how quickly trolling gets stamped out too. And for many obvious reasons, that also leaves me feeling very happy and comfortable.

7. And well, thank you for welcoming me, even if I was sometimes out there, and a complete downer, but I never meant any harm. And well, this is a "feel good" post on my part anyway.

8. The political and religious threads are also some of the best threads to ever read whenever I'm in the mood for lurking. They're very lively and insightful, and even hilarious from time to time.

*Oh, and sorry if a thread like this already exists as I apologize in advance. I just couldn't find it at the time.*
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-29-2013 at 01:14 AM.