Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2013.11.25 Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2013.11.25 Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Folks on twitter are saying Calgary isn't getting the full arena show due to weight restrictions with the venue.

I'm guessing that means no three-screen effects a la Vegas? Kind of a bummer for it being the last show.

Edit: oops, I'm a moron for posting in a show thread I didn't attend. I know better, geez.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No screens. Still good though. Got reptile I'm afraid of Americans. All the love too.
    Trent said see you soon. I'm gonna take that literally. Unless they sold out there was only 1 poster checked both merch booths. Shout out to the nice presage ticket lady who agreed to mail me my ticket for Edmonton which I missed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2013.11.25 Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome

Fucking awesome show!! Too exhausted to write much now, will post my thoughts tomorrow, but I'll leave this here! Been to 14 shows, and finally got a copy of the set list!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feeling pretty bummed that we didn't get the full show with the lights and effects, I kept waiting for the big screens to drop down and blow me away but by the time Head Like A Hole was played I was wondering what the fuck, is the band being lazy and not bringing the full set up, now I don't have the option of going to another Tension show, it's over. I feel better now hearing that it was probably due to weight restrictions at the Saddledome, it would have been nice to know that before the show so I could have enjoyed it more for what it was. I kept hearing people around me talk about how the light show is "10 years ahead of it's time" thanks to that recent article. It was kind of funny to also hear them talk about how it's crappy the band play only plays mainly new stuff this tour, and they ended up dancing and getting more excited for the Hesitation Marks songs.

You guys that went to the Edmonton show too are really lucky, I thought I was saving myself a bunch of hassle of trying to hit two shows 2 days in a row and a few bucks by just going to the Calgary show and now I've missed out on a full Tension Tour show. I'm really happy they played All The Love In The World and Sanctified, and Copy of A, Came Back Haunted and Even Deeper were really intense. The back up singers did a great job and Pino rocks! Well, now I finally get to check out pictures and video from this tour after avoiding any spoilers.
    Last edited by fishtifer; 11-26-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew I shoulda went to Edmonton yesterday...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Definitely a shitty deal not getting the visual element like mostly everyone else, it always seems like Calgary gets the shaft like that but oh well i was certainly beyond thrilled.....and we were very fortunate to get an amazing set list to compensate. That was seriously the best 2 hours of my life.

Also i didn't know it was taboo to record any footage from the rail, that's new.. :/
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 11-26-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We got AOA!!!

On another note the fucking idiots that brought their shitty wives and or girlfriends, came back haunted is how you defended the stage with your tits and bearded boytard.
    Someone's toe got stepped on and all of a sudden i am in hand to hand combat with some fuck tard.
    Half you fuckers think NIN developed inside of of a shit fucking FM radio station... With Beiber and Miley Cyrus.

Beyond that, it was a great show! Wondering if some brobag was going to slug me was shitty, guess that's what happens to people
    when they are uneducated and have no idea that nickelback is "recording" not "touring" (neither) , fuckin asswipes...

Thanks for ruining the show for me.... loved your shitty mouthing to sanctified you fucking horrible cunts.

NIN poured it on, great job! Just wish a keyboard hit few people....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Killer show! really killer show. Great to meet some folks and hang out for a bit before everything got going.... that was a nice bonus for me too!

loved it. absolutely loved it tonight!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Damn, I am tired today! Still settling down from the NIN packed week. I know a lot of people are complaining about the lack of light show during this one, but for me, this was actually my favorite show of the 4 I've seen from this tour. Energy was awesome, set-list was fantastic, great people to be against the rail with, and I finally got to meet some fellow ETS members!

@Sandy Phimester, Check out the pictures on this Calgary Sun article, they happened to catch us against the rail.

@thelastdisciple, good to finally meet you, even though the chat was brief!

Aussie Amy, enjoy the rest of your North American trip! hold onto those mittens and toque as a token of your brief Canadian visit.

France Mary, I am insanely jealous of how many shows you have been able to see, I may have to emulate you for future tours.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah man good to meet you and @Sandy Phimester

Absolutely zonked today for sure, walking up any staircases is going to be torture haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Damn, I am tired today! Still settling down from the NIN packed week. I know a lot of people are complaining about the lack of light show during this one, but for me, this was actually my favorite show of the 4 I've seen from this tour. Energy was awesome, set-list was fantastic, great people to be against the rail with, and I finally got to meet some fellow ETS members!

@Sandy Phimester, Check out the pictures on this Calgary Sun article, they happened to catch us against the rail.
    Thanks for posting that article, and nice to hear this was your favourite show - I thought the energy and setlist was awesome too, I'm slowly getting over not seeing the full production thanks to comments like this!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Now that I've had a chance to digest I feel good about the show, especially the set list. , but it kills me that I missed the full production.

My review, keep in mind I saw some clips of full production, but now many, so I can't say for sure what was different.

Copy of A was insane. They pumped in enough mist that the whole floor seemed engulfed. Then they lowered those cube lights and they went all white straight down highlighting each member of the band. Trent would move in and out of his spotlight and from my vantage point, when he stepped out of the lights he straight up disappeared in to the mist.

The crowd loved it that we got reptile. I wasn't that familiar with the previous set lists so this was an especially awesome moment. All time low, tBCD, even deeper, piggy, all the love are the standouts. Think it was big come down that had the cube lights facing out, well above the band and they had this hypnotic orange/yellow visual going. Sanctified was cool. They definitely put on a good show even without the screens. No one aroundme had any idea we weren't getting the full show and after most people seemed very impressed. I get the feeling they didn't realize what they were missing. In fact I didn't notice until disappointed started and I realized we weren't getting the cool rotating thing.

Too too bad no a warm place. I'm really bummed I didn't get the full show, especially since I had a ticket for the Edmonton show but skipping it for the grey cup seems like an ok trade off. Also no beanies for sale at either merch booth. Along with only the one tour date poster, it makes me wonder if they ran out of stuff.

One thing about this show was that the crowd was apparently 7k. Most of the seats seemed pretty full but it seemed like there was no one on the floor. I was only about 20 feet back of the rail and I had lots of room and there was no moshing. In fact, it seemed like it was he most mellow crowd I've ever seen, not just an nin show, but any major rock show I've ever seen that didn't have a seated floor. There was some moshing right at the front during wretched, which was excellent btw, and during wish and one or two other songs but other than that people just basically stood there and grooved. Being close to an old man now I really liked that. No crazy dbags drunk who just wanted to fuck shit up. Did see 5 or more crowd surfers though, so things weren't dead. Crowd actually got into the show way more in the second half. For a while I thought it was going to be a dead crowd, but they cheered non stop between the end of the show and the encore. I lost my voice on Sunday so I just clapped lol.
    Last edited by Winter Is Coming; 11-26-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seemed like a really energetic crowd, if sort of a latent energy. Lots of cheering, lots of noise, but nobody was jumping around like mental. I was floor, about halfway back, and I had plenty of room. Felt strangely empty. Mind you, Calgary doesn't really have a venue for 7,000 people – it's either 1,500, or the full Saddledome.

Was a bit bummed that we didn't get the full production (or Somewhat Damaged, A Warm Place, Terrible Lie), but I don't really care. ATLITW was played, as was Reptile, so that was my month made.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post

@thelastdisciple, good to finally meet you, even though the chat was brief!

Aussie Amy, enjoy the rest of your North American trip! hold onto those mittens and toque as a token of your brief Canadian visit.

France Mary, I am insanely jealous of how many shows you have been able to see, I may have to emulate you for future tours.
    Awesome! A bit of a long drive home last night, so tired, but it was fantastic!

I only saw them in Edmonton and Calgary on this tour, but out of my 9 NIN shows this was up near the top for me, personally. It was a very good vibe, got some neat songs and I really liked it. And yes, very cool to meet some ETS people and get to be right up front at the rail in the centre..... killer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got back myself. Will post some photos. I'll have to introduce myself next-time to the ETS folks driving down. We had three extra seats could have saved some gas.

+ Wow, I'm Afraid of Americans!
    + Robin & Pino Palladino!
    + Great energy vs Edmonton again this time.
    + another ++ for the nin.com ticket staff. Very friendly despite the amount of people she sees.

- MMA wannabe Guy in the tee with his elbows up to prevent moshing. go sit down next time...
    Last edited by nxtort; 11-26-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nxtort View Post
    Just got back myself. Will post some photos. I'll have to introduce myself next-time to the ETS folks driving down. We had three extra seats could have saved some gas.

+ Wow, I'm Afraid of Americans!
    + Robin & Pino Palladino!
    + Great energy vs Edmonton again this time.
    + another ++ for the nin.com ticket staff. Very friendly despite the amount of people she sees.

- MMA wannabe Guy in the tee with his elbows up to prevent moshing. go sit down next time...
    Tell me about it fack!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    We got A Warm Place in Edmonton, but Edmonton always seems to miss getting Reptile! So I'm glad they played that in Calgary, definitely a highlight for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ignore this post