2013.11.24 Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tdtwwa!!!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Fantastic show! Fairly standard set list, with the addition of TDTTWA! I swear though, Edmonton can be the asshole of Canada at times. I've been against the rail a ton of times, but when people start causing physical harm to someone to try and squeeze their way onto the rail, they can eat shit. Some chick was actually hitting my girlfriend in the ribs to get her to move...can't stand when people are like that. Couple juiced up dudes being a little aggressive too, but other than that, awesome show!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah!!!!! A great show!

The day the world went away! YESSSSSSS!!! So good.

And getting to see A Warm Place live, even though it's more of an interlude or whatever (intro-esque) was amazing.

Black noise? Back up singers? WOAH. Very intense. I loved it. This was my 8th NIN show and while I do not think the stage is as over all big/impactful as Lights in the Sky, I think it's the best show perhaps.... this was killer! Loved every second.

See you in Calgary tomorrow (anyone?!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

was it just me or did Trent say this night was the last for this show (the production, screens,etc)?
    Was he forgetting abt Calgary or what? Did i hear that wrong?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah he said that, but I gathered that he meant coming specifically to Edmonton with this tour? It was sort of a weird comment yeah, but I think he just meant it was the last time they'd be playing Edmonton with this kind of a production

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nxtort View Post
    I can see the back of my head in this picture!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Amazing, amazing, amazing. The combination of the visuals, and the tightest the band has ever felt, made this the best show I've ever been to no lie. Gotta throw my support in there for the two backup singers as well, what incredible performances by both. The one's vocalizations during "Even Deeper" literally gave me a chill up the back.
    @Callahan , I must have been about ten feet away from you. I was just off to the left about 10 feet in the second row.
    @mercyshallow , Great meeting you at the show. Always good to meet fellow ETSers!
    Last edited by poinoup; 11-26-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what was going on in the 2nd or 3rd song? Robin left the stage on the left side (audience perspective) in the middle of the song - and right at the same time - the several photographers were quickly ushered out of the front line area. Didnt know if the two things were related but they all left at the same time and Robin was off stage for a bit.

Autolux was great - though the audience was pretty quiet for them - I think I was the ONLY one standing up in the seats on the left side for their set - and I dont like standing in front of others if most are sitting - but we were in row 1 - which is on the floor and I couldnt see over the floor crowd...so....
    I hope people gave them a chance. The guitar player is from the very underrated 90's band Failure (Perfect Circle did a Failure cover on 13th Step, and used another Failure member in the band). They didnt play a few of their more "energetic" songs which may have won the crowd over a bit more - but a few sitting around me said they were really impressed.

Anyway - NIN was as fantastic as ever (I was lucky to see 4 shows this tour -LA, Phoenix, 2nd Vegas night).
    Whats there to say? TDTWWA was great as I hadnt seen that on the other shows. Missed Sanctified though. My guest - who isnt really a fan - says she really enjoyed the show way more than she thought she would.

Would have liked to buy some merch - this was the only show I went to without crazy lines for food/merch -
    but while it was all about 5 dollars cheaper than US shows - I still cant pay 40 for a T-shirt. Its a shame its come to that.

I wish I could have seen more of Edmonton - friends house we stayed at was right by river - looked like nice hiking there, but I was literally in town for 24 hours only cause of work issues. Weather was great though (love winter and hate the lack of in LA where I live). Surprised at some of the crazy drivers speeding all over town considering the snow - I thought for a moment "well, these people are experienced in this" - but then not surprisingly I saw a 4 car smash pileup over by the University hospital in mid day - so.... the laws of physics apparently still apply way up there.

Ill be passing through again around new years on a drive from Saskatoon to Prince George sooooo...maybe Ill check out more then. Your airport is really nice though . Actually - ALL the Canadian airports and MANY of the US airports put Los Angeles International to SHAME.

I didnt take any pics with my decent camera - only iphone - wanted to take this show in as it was my last - but I got a couple interesting shots:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    did anyone else think it was funny how trent was adding layers of clothing the whole time, or?