Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I don't think these Experience-era remixes count. I see them simply as a single version/album version being different. Same as Spitfire remix and some other tracks.
    I was, however, pissed at Voodoo People Pendulum remix which was playing everywhere when it was fresh. I fucking hated that beat - possibly because my sister is a huge Pendulum fan and she was constantly playing them in the car. And they have this beat everywhere. I mean literally, the same exact fucking beat in every goddamn song and remix they did.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't think these Experience-era remixes count. I see them simply as a single version/album version being different. Same as Spitfire remix and some other tracks.
    I was, however, pissed at Voodoo People Pendulum remix which was playing everywhere when it was fresh. I fucking hated that beat - possibly because my sister is a huge Pendulum fan and she was constantly playing them in the car. And they have this beat everywhere. I mean literally, the same exact fucking beat in every goddamn song and remix they did.
    Hyperspeed (G-Force Part 2) is miles better than G-Force (Energy Flow)

To go even further, the Experience album versions of Charly and Everybody In The Place are completely different remixes from the singles and original mixes.

Charly (Original Mix) - Charly (Alley Cat Remix) - Charly (Trip Into Drum And Bass Version)
    EITP (Original Mix) - EITP (Fairground Remix) - EITP (155 And Rising Mix)

All Liam reworking his own tracks. Hell, Liam has even sampled himself. Crazy Man --> SMBU.

Liam has even done remixes of remixes done by other artists of his own song... aka Voodoo Beats, which is Liam remixing The Chemical Brothers' remix of Voodoo People.

But the Pendulum remix is also different from this Breathe rework as Liam had no involvement with that remix. Liam was involved with the Audio Bullys remix of Out Of Space though. In the end, these are not meant to replace the original.

The Breathe remix is Liam working with Rene Lavice to make a new version and wanted to have RZA on it. Not the first time Rene was involved with a Prodigy remix. Also, expect some more reworks/collabs.

I don't know. I dig the Breathe rework. Nothing will top the original, but it's its own thing.

I prefer the Dope D.O.D. collab/rework of The Day Is My Enemy over the album version.

I imagine this Breathe rework was meant to celebrate their 30th anniversary, but COVID ruined that.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-14-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^
    yikes….not digging this

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The music of that rework is fun. Sounds like something RTJ would be good on
    Definitely not RZA best outing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    The music of that rework is fun. Sounds like something RTJ would be good on
    Definitely not RZA best outing.
    A Run The Jewels/Prodigy collab would be a dream

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    This re-amp ows a lot to EL-P's production style, imo. It even sounds like they sampled a sound that appears prominently throughout a song by EL called Squegee Man Shooting.

I loved TFOTL era and its ruggedness, when LH was basically producing Hip Hop beats (with dusty samples and vocal scratches and stuff) on 140 bpm. These days The Prodigy feels too clean and one note for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rene Lavice's drum n' bass remix of Breathe RZA collab drops this Friday! Been waiting for this to come out.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wow, nothing about the upcoming shows?

Since Skinny Puppy canceled Hellfest and I paid for the insurance on my airfare, i managed to get a ticket to the July 14th Mountford Hall show. How a venue with a 2000 person capacity didn't manage to sell out right away is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. Prodigy has a reputation for being loud as shit and this is going to be a fucking AWESOME way to experience them for the first time live.

Been listening to Prodigy since 1996 and I always pictured having to come to the UK to see them live! Fingers crossed no more cancelations!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    would love for them to tour the States. I haven't seen them before, and I'd certainly go.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    would love for them to tour the States. I haven't seen them before, and I'd certainly go.
    I got tickets to Chicago Open Air 2019 as they were the deciding factor in an already solid line up. Show was still pretty good but would have been better seeing The Prodigy before Tool.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    first time i saw them was on their Poison’95 tour, at Brixton Academy, it was bloody amazing, special guests were ‘the Chemical Brothers’ when back then they were known as ‘the Dust Brothers’ before they were forced to change their name. but damn it was so good! i bought a t-shirt on the back with tour dates, with a picture of a hand with it’s middle finger sticking up, my mum didn’t approve and decided to throw it away after my stepdad mentioned it to her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    How are the live shows going to work now?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    How are the live shows going to work now?
    a) Flint vocals on backing tapes, Maxim and the crowd sing along

or

b) Axl Rose

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I watched a new Netflix movie last night, Choose or Die, and noticed Liam Howlett scored it.