Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If anyone needs Sasan's address and phone number, I have them from when I contributed footage and can provide them via PM. They won't do much good for contacting him, but might be helpful for any legal action. It's long past time for people to get their money back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenWakes View Post
    You could always email him at work.
    http://www.brookstone-law.com/attorneys.html
    Unless there are two lawyers with that name in Los Angeles.
    Here is an idea... I think everyone should put the pressure on him by emailing him at work... AND "cc"ing all of his coworkers. If everyone emails him a few times a day for several weeks, he's gotta reply at some point. And even if he doesn't, at least he'll be embarrassed.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Don't do that. There are better channels for this sort of thing than harassing his co-workers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're probably right. It just seems like nothing is happening.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenfern View Post
    Here is an idea... I think everyone should put the pressure on him by emailing him at work... AND "cc"ing all of his coworkers. If everyone emails him a few times a day for several weeks, he's gotta reply at some point. And even if he doesn't, at least he'll be embarrassed.
    I'm not saying that is or isn't him; but LAs a big place and there are lots of lawyers. In NYC, there is another litigation attorney with the same name as my fiancee (also a litigation attorney) and they get crossed emails all the time. And she has a REALLY uncommon name -- just as much as this guy. So I wouldn't assume that's him. Again, it could be, but unless you know, I would think twice about harassing people's work addresses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that one is gone, but this one remains:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/nine-inch-na...-dvd-211852204

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I'm not saying that is or isn't him; but LAs a big place and there are lots of lawyers. In NYC, there is another litigation attorney with the same name as my fiancee (also a litigation attorney) and they get crossed emails all the time. And she has a REALLY uncommon name -- just as much as this guy. So I wouldn't assume that's him. Again, it could be, but unless you know, I would think twice about harassing people's work addresses.
    Even if you do know it's him, it's still an incredibly bad idea, because you could be sued for harassment. Especially considering you're considering harassing lawyers. Even if you're not, if that's how you're being perceived, you'll ruin your own case too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Back when this whole messed-up-stolen-money-clusterfuck barely started, I was asked to come up with artwork for the Bluray.

This was the first draft:

Needless to say, he wasn't very impressed by it and truth be told, I'm happy. I'm glad I wasn't part of this mess.
    I still have the hi-rez version.
    Last edited by MAD; 03-27-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PQHooligan View Post
    that one is gone, but this one remains:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/nine-inch-na...-dvd-211852204
    Some douche bag profiting off of freely shared community produced content.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Even if you do know it's him, it's still an incredibly bad idea, because you could be sued for harassment. Especially considering you're considering harassing lawyers. Even if you're not, if that's how you're being perceived, you'll ruin your own case too.
    to be clear, I'm not considering harassing anyone. I was responding to the poster.

I agree with you generally, though -- sorry, didn't mean to implicitly endorse the idea of harassing this guy at work if it is, in fact, him. just wanted to call attention to the fact that there's no guarantee it's him.

(that said, as a lawyer myself, I'm not really sure what you could be sued for for writing him at work, or how you could ruin your own case, unless you go crazy. but I agree that it's best to contact state authorities and let them handle this)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Were this a British-based project, I'd be happy to spearhead the effort. Lord knows I now have enough anger, not least with this being associated with AVOTT (we offered to help a number of times, they declined). It's also been a short while since I've been a cunt on the Internet.

I know nothing about how the US legal system works, though, and I'm a little scared about putting a foot wrong and getting caught out doing the wrong thing. I'll support whatever the initiative is, but I'm in no position to lead it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    that said, as a lawyer myself
    Maybe you're best suited to take the lead on the operation?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Maybe you're best suited to take the lead on the operation?
    I'm more than happy to help in whatever small way I can, but I didn't give this guy any money, so no investigatory agency will listen to me. My recommendation is that someone who DID give money contact California consumer affairs. Given that this guy is apparently a lawyer, any investigatory action into him could threaten his standing in the bar and will probably get him moving real quick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Back when this whole messed-up-stolen-money-clusterfuck barely started, I was asked to come up with artwork for the Bluray.

This was the first draft:

Needless to say, he wasn't very impressed by it and truth be told, I'm happy. I'm glad I wasn't part of this mess.
    I still have the hi-rez version.
    What a douche, it looks awesome. I'd prolly loose the thumbnail on the spine though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks.

Off topic: That thumbnail is more than just a small detail. When I first began making DVD covers for ETS (I think the first was YZ 5.1), I also made that. Since then, Broken The Movie, Ghosts 5.1, The Slip 5.1, TDS Live etc had the same thumbnail. I intend to keep it for any future DVDs to keep the style the same. I sometimes think I have a mild case of OCD because I hate it when DVD cases don't look the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are you aware of the alternate take of the final NIN show? It's on pirate bay. I downloaded it and the wait was well worth it! The German fan who compiled this did it completely independant of TOIOU, with no outside funding. The wait is over!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fan-since-96 View Post
    Are you aware of the alternate take of the final NIN show? It's on pirate bay. I downloaded it and the wait was well worth it! The German fan who compiled this did it completely independant of TOIOU, with no outside funding. The wait is over!
    You don't say?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...Ds-(multi-cam)
    Great first post, though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fan-since-96 View Post
    Not sure why TOIOU is being brought up here other than the site posted about the alternate take when it came out

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm glad someone made a DVD, but it contains far fewer angles than the larger project, which would have included footage from 25 sources. The person who made the new one just relied on 3-4 angles that were available online, and didn't contact other filmers who had donated to the original project.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I read tidbits of cover discussion and etc but if anyone needs artwork or anything gimme a PM. I'd be glad to try and help out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're right Icklekitty. sorry TOIOU. I get confused sometimes with these lyric based group names. I meant he had no help from A Tiny Little Dot, which by this point should remane itself "My Lips May Promise But My Heart Is A Whore", or "You Think You Have Everything", or how about "We're Letting You Get Away (Get Away With It)"?
    Last edited by fan-since-96; 04-02-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that I'm thinking about it, some other appropriate new names for "A Tiny Little Dot" could be "You Let Me Violate You", or "I Am The Lie That You Believe". There are so many apt possibilities.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I've reached out to Sasan again recently, and I've tried to be very accommodating, while simultaneously trying to get to the bottom of things.

Unfortunately, he's not being realistic. After assuring me that the finished product will be available before June (you know, this month), I asked if he had artwork, or a production timeline, or even a company lined up to do the manufacturing. I also asked if he had the money to refund everyone if that was not the case.

I appreciate the sentiment of your email. I see that it's coming from a positive place. I'm happy to answer some of your questions, where I can. but in the spirit of being clear about things, to the extent that youre asking us to provide you with an accounting of time, course, costs schedule etc, that's a bit too patriarchal for our liking. nor will it help us move any faster. but to the extent that you have thoughts or suggestions on certain items , I am are MORE than open to discussing those with you. I too, want to make this happen ASAP

again, you should know that this project is moving forward in good faith. though it's taken much longer than we expected or intended, under no circumstances do we intend not to deliver.

I'll reply with a few more details after work
    That was six days ago.

It's both ballsy and stupid to say, at this point, "We'll be done very soon despite our setbacks, but don't ask me to be accountable for what I say, just trust me," given that he said practically the same thing nearly a year ago.

Next time someone comes asking for pre-orders and I tell you it's a bad idea, please remember what happened here. At this stage, I'd ban him from the board, but I don't think he's ever signed up here. I'd say I was disappointed, but I had a pretty good idea early on that this would be what happened. If you guys get packaged BluRays in the mail this month, I'll take it all back.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I doubt you'll have to take anything back. The project is not moving forward in good faith. Good faith would be to refund all the orders now. After all this time and the delays, they have no good faith claim to the money. They should not collect money again until everything is finished except sending the order to the replicator for manufacture and distribution.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    that's a bit too patriarchal for our liking

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The old "I'm writing an email about answering your questions without answering them".

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    so is anybody going to do anything about this? or are you all talk?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    'trust no 1'

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    so is anybody going to do anything about this? or are you all talk?
    Well you're not doing anything about it either, and you're local.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Well you're not doing anything about it either, and you're local.
    I didn't buy into it. because i thought it was a scam from the start. which is why i also declined to participate when I was asked.