Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i think i deserve a bluray copy just for checking out every new post in this topic
    --edit--
    jokes aside, this "anti-ATLD campaign" seems to have fallen on the same level as ATLD itself. maybe the initial volunteers who proposed help with legal action successfully contacted ATLD but just retrieved their own money and stopped caring (or were they bribed in return to stop caring)?
    --end of edit--
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 02-03-2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: which part of my comment is more moronic?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's what I've heard recently:

This project ran into a HORRIBLE problem a year or so ago when syncing the master audio with the edits and none of the audio would sync with the video tracks, because of the constant differences in footage specs used to make the edit (since people were shooting in all of the formats and framerates under the sun).

This one guy took the project on himself and fixed it over the course of a year - by himself (as the group sort of fell apart).

As far as I've heard, the sync is now fixed and all that's left is CC which will take a month and a half.

That's all I know.

However, from this point forward - I hope to help encourage it's final release and get this thing some legs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They should have told people that a year ago.

Or 10 months ago, when they released a video as a "sneak peek" at what they'd been "working so hard on."

Or five months ago, when they said they would be releasing the full torrent of the project in a week.

Or, like, NOW... instead of you* coming around and doing it for them.

Color me unimpressed and unsympathetic.

*and this diatribe is completely directed at them and not you, and by "them" I'm sure I mean Sasan
    Last edited by jessamineny; 02-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Well, it's nice that someone involved is communicating something. That's really been the worst part for me... I'd ask Sasan, how far along are you? "We're basically done" over and over and over again, eventually dissolving into "You're not the boss of me, dad!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not here to spin a sob story for anyone or push away pointing fingers. We ALL know the ball was dropped pretty hard on updates for this project. Unless you're a wizard, NO ONE can argue successfully for their innocence in this aspect.

However, I really would like to - eventually - see it makes it's way to release.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think a difference needs to be marked between "they" (I'm guessing Sasan and his merry men) and this one guy that's trying - and I know that if you're doing that by yourself sleep is a second thought. But I'm not sure what he then has to do with the Facebook behaviour. So I'm confused. I think effectively one guy is less of a dick than the rest of them.

I'm sure as shit that all that money is with Sasan though. We'd probably all just shrug this thing off to an extent if it wasn't for the money.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

What kind of a retarded person doesn't convert everything to one format before editing even starts?

If you aren't professional enough to even know that in the first place, then you have no business charging for a "product"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So, which will come first: this or the multi-edit from the new tour?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    I'm not here to spin a sob story for anyone or push away pointing fingers. We ALL know the ball was dropped pretty hard on updates for this project. Unless you're a wizard, NO ONE can argue successfully for their innocence in this aspect.

However, I really would like to - eventually - see it makes it's way to release.
    Thanks for sharing what you know - though as already said, why the hell couldn't they come out and say this rather than acting the way they have! Doesn't exactly take long to post on facebook/twitter etc! Raised my hopes a little anyway. Though of course, by now, I've seen the whole thing on youtube anyway!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Here's what I've heard recently:

This project ran into a HORRIBLE problem a year or so ago when syncing the master audio with the edits and none of the audio would sync with the video tracks, because of the constant differences in footage specs used to make the edit (since people were shooting in all of the formats and framerates under the sun).

This one guy took the project on himself and fixed it over the course of a year - by himself (as the group sort of fell apart).

As far as I've heard, the sync is now fixed and all that's left is CC which will take a month and a half.

That's all I know.

However, from this point forward - I hope to help encourage it's final release and get this thing some legs.
    Was the one guy the one who went on Facebook a few months ago and said they were looking for seeders?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No clue. I know nothing else besides what I've written here.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    What kind of a retarded person doesn't convert everything to one format before editing even starts?

If you aren't professional enough to even know that in the first place, then you have no business charging for a "product"
    That was my first thought too when I read that. Amateur editors, basically.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    So wait, one guy takes all the money, while another guy does all the work? While the first guy hides the second behind a massive wall of bullshit, burrying him under an equally massive amount of pressure to single handedly complete the project? For the first guy?

This doesn't sound very likely, unless the second guy is nuts. Unless the second guy got some money, of course.
    Last edited by DF118; 02-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It reads like the first guy isn't involved with the second guy anymore. And I would hope that the second guy is fuelled to push on by anger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That was my first thought too when I read that. Amateur editors, basically.
    That's the funny thing. We were told they were all professionals. They wanted to hire people in LA only so that they could avoid the delays that the amateur, fan-based DVDs that TOIOU put out encountered (wish RITC were up so I could find the quote to back that up).

Yet I recall Ash and Torgo spending about two months converting every single raw video file to a uniform format before doing a thing. You know, two college students with only a few years amateur experience of FCP and Premiere. Did it better than the professionals. For free. Because they love NIN.

Funny that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I also found this on the other forum which is an interesting read: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,...04#msg-1416804

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After providing a bit of upload power with rapidshare for toious a few years ago I wanted to help/ seed atinylittledot. Still nothing to do. Sad thing.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    That's the funny thing. We were told they were all professionals. They wanted to hire people in LA only so that they could avoid the delays that the amateur, fan-based DVDs that TOIOU put out encountered (wish RITC were up so I could find the quote to back that up).
    It's not linked anymore, but here is the interview you're asking about:

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/exc...interview.html

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The site's back! *Awesome*.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I also found this on the other forum which is an interesting read: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,...04#msg-1416804
    The same person posted this at the end of January: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,...67#msg-1428967

A tiny little hope for you guys?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Nine Inch Nails will start touring again before this thing comes out.
    *cough*

Soooo... we should define some new benchmarks of time passing before this thing is released.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

So this is an irrelevant project now eh?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This needs to be completed or people need there money refunded for this project anything else is inexcusable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    So this is an irrelevant project now eh?
    It's not irrelevant, since I want my Blu Ray! Or.....my money!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Quote Originally Posted by UninTY View Post
    It's not irrelevant, since I want my Blu Ray! Or.....my money!
    I agree in the fact that I want my blu ray or money but that whole "last show" thing is irrelevant. I should have clarified.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    PROJECT UPDATE!

Title no longer includes "The Final Show".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    holy.shit.

...it's finally released!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    [after all is said and done] - officially released & available for download today.
    On september 10, 2009, nine inch nails performed what would be their final show ever – a scorching 3 1/2 hour, 37 song set – and then waved goodbye.
    Today, after more than 5000 hours of work logged on the project, and more than 3 years later, our group - a tiny little dot - finally and proudly presents to the world nine inch nails: [after all is said and done], as an entirely free internet download - a professionally produced documentary of the blistering and momentous “wave goodbye” of nin , using exclusively fan-shot footage - a labor of love, filmed by the fans, made by the fans, and made for the fans.
    The culmination of this work is a video production of a nin concert unlike anything ever before – an evocative and unapologetic document of nine inch nails. As an intimate concert performed before only a handful of fans, what the performance lacks in huge stage production value, it makes up for in vitriol, raw energy and cramped quarters... With sentiment, emotion and intimacy. But what really shines a light on the brilliance of the performance is the manner in which it was captured. The fan-shot footage of aaisad conveys a raw, visceral and kinetic energy that no professional camera could have ever hoped to achieve. And in the context of a performance like this, one so intimate, one so meaningful to their fans, nothing else would be fitting. And it’s that which sets aaisad apart as something uniquely memorable, and something that no nin fan will want to be without.
    The sheer expanse of this momentous project and the delay associated with its release (a delay and lack of communication for which a tiny little dot humbly apologizes to the patient and loyal fans) is underscored by the amazing math underlying it:
    - a 3/12 hour, 37 song, set list
    - 27 unique fan shot hd footage sources, totaling over 75 hours of footage, resulting in…
    - over 1.5 terabytes of raw footage, provided in 27 different file types, resolutions, frame rates, and codecs
    - over 3,500 hours of pre-production treatment of the original footage including noise filtering, upscaling, de-interlacing in after-effects, color correction, and most importantly conversion of all files to a common frame rate, codec, file type and resolution
    - over 50 trips back and forth to production facilities using a 1.5 tb “delivery” drive to transfer treated footage to our raid array.
    - resulting in a total of 8.5+ tb of dnxhd treated and rendered files
    - 680+ hours spent editing and peer reviewing each song by a team of 9 editors, and 7 peer reviewers (from a tiny little dot’s more than 20 person team)
    - through the editing process, the 8.5+ tb of dnxhd was whittled down to a 303 gb dnxhd master edit
    - 5 sources of audio
    - over 65 hours of audio treatment in a professional sound studio, to create final stereo and 5.1 audio masters
    - 42+ hours of post-production motion graphics work, and other (yet to be disclosed) work
    - and numerous non-quantifiable hours.
    But after those many hours, its finally here. Today a tiny little dot proudly releases nine inch nails : [after all is said and done] to the world in a series of entirely-free-to-the world formats - each of which are detailed below at length, along with links for their download.
    what the fuck

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    2) BLU-RAY & DVD.
    - Coming soon.
    Argofuckyourself

Anyway, shit's on YouTube:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I came into this topic to yell at whoever resurrected it and instead I see that it's actually out. Well shit.

It's really late here so I'm not going to watch it tonight, does it look decent at all?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I came into this topic to yell at whoever resurrected it and instead I see that it's actually out. Well shit.

It's really late here so I'm not going to watch it tonight, does it look decent at all?
    I'm not watching in HD, but so far it doesn't seem like a tremendous improvement from the edit we already got last year - which was pretty good. The audio sounds the same, though I haven't listened that closely for comparison.

At this point, I just wanted an official release. We all know they got pro-shot footage from that tour.

"Here's (another) fan edit with audience-captured audio and video (mostly from the right side) of NIN's (not) final concert!"

It's just hard for me to say anything nice about this project after their massive communication failure that went on for years - and they barely mentioned it tonight.
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 03-25-2013 at 01:43 AM.