Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Everyone seems to be missing the real genius of this thing: Sasan's/AAISAD's ability to spin anything. Here we have a group who were in waaaaay over their heads, promised much, delivered relatively little, dragged their feet and not only refused help but actively squashed comments by those who dared criticize, yet that release announcement was a near-masterpiece of grandiosity and self-congratulation. Thank God the fans had AAISAD to look out for 'em, right? Right?

I'm thinking the next announcement will be that the lists of paid pre-orders has disappeared/no longer exists.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I did not send them money.
    I do not condone the way they've treated their supporters.
    I disagree with virtually every aspect of the way the project has been presented.

HOWEVER: I do have to admit that it's commendable for them to still push forward and release the now moot "final show" after new dates have been announced, especially given how much flack they've taken from all of us. I am by no means defending them, but it would've been so easy for them to just say "well, it's not the last show anymore, so fuck it" and shelf the whole thing. So for what it's worth, kudos for bringing it to light even after it's lost a fair deal of its historic significance.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    So this project is now getting some press but they seem to have missed the details about taking fan money.

Looks like they both have open comments. I think we need to clue them in on this omission...
    This is why I decided against giving this project publicity. I was glad to see the previous edit on the website I write for, as that was a pretty cool, passionate project that one guy took upon himself.

The atinylittledot people were just lying assholes. Remember when they asked for seeders in September?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    This is why I decided against giving this project publicity. I was glad to see the previous edit on the website I write for, as that was a pretty cool, passionate project that one guy took upon himself.

The atinylittledot people were just lying assholes. Remember when they asked for seeders in September?
    weeeeeelll... you could give them some press while also drawing attention to the remaining problems/tasks.
    I'm not saying you should write up a giant take-down, just a balance view of what they accomplished and what is still undone.

and yea, they never did contact me to be a seeder even though I was almost certainly one of the first to offer a large pipe.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wait, did Consequence of Sound disable comments? Well, the story's also on their Facebook if you want to post there.

I have less of a problem with a Spin story - their language seems to acknowledge both that the writer hasn't been able to verify things and that he's going on what he's been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    "a video production of a NIN concert unlike anything ever before"

​Really?
    I'm pretty happy that everything I contributed to this community is vastly unlike this steaming insult to everything we stand for.
    Last edited by icklekitty; 03-27-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    when NIN came to Santiago CL in 2008, i saw a profesional 3D cinema camera right in front of me, when the doors of the arena just opened... i think the Cameron crew at least shot some tests of the tour

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cabezas View Post
    when NIN came to Santiago CL in 2008, i saw a profesional 3D cinema camera right in front of me, when the doors of the arena just opened... i think the Cameron crew at least shot some tests of the tour
    That's the first I've heard of anything like that. Very interesting...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    That probably happened before Interscope said "umm... no".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cabezas View Post
    Holy shit man. News to me.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Well this is the last thread I would have expected to uncover some awesome historical news.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Funny how when I looked at the Team link on the website, there's no one there with any specialization in marketing/distribution. I guess that fell on the Project Lead or to "that just kind of happens on its own". Well at least it's done.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    That probably happened before Interscope said "umm... no".
    That's what I figure, but is there any kind of time frame where we know "ok, it was definitely scrapped by this day because X said so" to confirm?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    screen cap it!
    and maybe you should redebate that article you never wrote

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Completely forgot how many fucking songs Mike Garson played on for this show. So awesome. That guy's the man.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And yet, JMJ and Rubin are giving kudos to the a tiny little dot team. interesting.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Soooooo... these are Sasan's tweets to JMJ and a complaining customer:

@nil_by_mouth @justinmj while we apologize 4 our delay, our ordering page went 2 great lengths 2 state that there was no delivery date set.
    @nil_by_mouth @justinmj our website also states that every order will be fulfilled. and 4 ne1 who wants a refund,we're happy 2 provide one

and then there's this. He's really fucking doing it.
    @dave_mavar we'll be opening a VERY SMALL window 4purchases soon & will announce those dates about a week b4 the sale. Details TBA on our FB

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    and then there's this. He's really fucking doing it.
    @dave_mavar we'll be opening a VERY SMALL window 4purchases soon & will announce those dates about a week b4 the sale. Details TBA on our FB
    You're beginning to understand why I'm so reluctant to go ahead and let that asshat Sasan feel like he's getting a little bit of the spotlight

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And I'm sure you noted that I said in that post "So go ahead and let that asshat Sasan feel like he's getting a little bit of the spotlight. (Unless he capitalizes on the publicity to open up another order window.)"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I ended up watching the whole thing a couple days ago. The editing got a bit better as it went on, but overall it's still really messy. There shouldn't have been this level of inconsistency on this project if it took four years to finish.

And since the credits were brought up, I have to add that one credit kind of pissed me off:

"[Music]

All music by Nine Inch Nails."

Um, no. I could understand not adding the credits for most of the songs (or adding "see original albums for credits" like TOIOU did), but they should have credited the writers and performers for Suck, the two Gary Numan tracks (even if he was there) and the two Joy Division tracks. It may seem like nitpicking, but if the artists behind those songs were influential enough for Trent to play those songs on what could have been his last show ever, then they at least deserve to be credited properly. Just adding "all music by Nine Inch Nails" seems rather lazy on their part.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    well, if atinylittledot team delved into writing proper credits for each song, with their rigorous peer review approach, it could have delayed the release a couple months more

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So a couple more years to go before they release the audio with sloppy botched ID tags right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Word to Sasan et al - just cos we're in NIN news overdrive mode - I haven't forgot you still me a DVD!!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    did these douches ever ship out the physical media?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

No they have not... Best $30 I've ever spent.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And now NIN will have performed a particular show, filmed it, edited it, packaged, AND distributed it in the same 6 month period from November to April/springtime. All while touring Europe, planning a tour for North America in summer, and God knows what else.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fuck clowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do they even reply to anyone? Their facebook looks dead also.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sometimes, I procrastinate and don't buy things when I mean to.

Thank god for that.