Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Forgive me for being such a whiny cunt, but I'm actually even more saddened by the news. Just like Levi, I, too, hope that people will either get their money back or get a finished product. But, fuck... nobody from the ATLD team bothers to tell me anything, and I worked on this thing's artwork for a year. I hope I wasn't booted off the project. And even if my artwork makes it to the finished DVD, they're opening orders again for a limited time, which means that even if the thing is finished and sold off, I won't be able to buy it (I'm currently broke and unable to work for a few weeks).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have plenty of bile left in me regarding this project, but nothing really constructive to say.

So I'll just remind everyone that a multicam of this show already exists - made by one person in a matter of months. And if anyone wants a physical copy, I'm sure wizfan will offer to share one of his awesome covers and some kind folk will offer to burn you a DVD for free if you don't have the resources. Because this still is by and large a beautiful, generous, and selfless community.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Of course, I will gladly provide you guys with free PDF's. The front, back, inlay and disc designs are ready and I will make any needed tweaks when/if AAISAD is ready.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    At this point I don't even remember if I ordered a physical copy or where I was living at the time if I did. Anyone know what the name would show up as in Paypal if you sent them money?

Edit: Nevermind, found the paypal email. Glad I saved that shit, at least I know I actually ordered one. It's actually my current address too, seems like it's been longer than that since this started.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-11-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    that video made my eyes hurt. that said, does anyone know what kind of guitar Finck was playing there? I want it. also, why does the audio sound so crappy and phasey?
    Probably because they sat on their asses for a few years collecting money from people before thinking "fuck, we'd better actually made a thing here" and knocking it out overnight on iMovie.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm gonna pirate the shit outta this.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    So I'll just remind everyone that a multicam of this show already exists - made by one person in a matter of months.
    The sadistic side of me says that ATLD should simply wrap up ZootZap's copy with some ATLD branding and try to pass it off as their own... including burning it to DVD's for the people that paid.

... yea

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have plenty of bile left in me regarding this project, but nothing really constructive to say.

So I'll just remind everyone that a multicam of this show already exists - made by one person in a matter of months. And if anyone wants a physical copy, I'm sure wizfan will offer to share one of his awesome covers and some kind folk will offer to burn you a DVD for free if you don't have the resources. Because this still is by and large a beautiful, generous, and selfless community.
    I'd like to see both of these projects uploaded to YouTube, so we can compare and see how much of those three years was actually worth the wait.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmelahouris View Post
    We will be releasing the full digital version of the show, representing years and years of our work for free, to anyone who wants to it, anywhere around the world.
    If he honestly thinks that the NIN community wouldn't have done this themselves once if the DVD comes out, he's even more clueless than I thought. Yes, time has been spent on this. But a video composed of 100% fan-compiled material at an open-camera show? If a paid download was ever actually considered, I would have been disgusted.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    ^^^ Notice how now the people who pre-ordered are back to getting exclusive 'bonus' content. Pre-order your copy today! Shit like that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They should not be posting a damn thing until they have pressed and shipped the discs that they took money to make.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I still think everybody should demand their money back.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'd be very interested to see how much money Sasan has made out of this.

Here's the big, big problem with the update. He's asking for more money for the disk, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasan
    For those who've ordered a DVD or Blu-Ray of the project... it's coming too... and we intend to reward your patience with a host of special features, bonus content, and a 5.1 surround mix.

p.s. a very limited ordering window will be re-opened(date TBA).
    Let's translate this as meaning he's taking actually orders for a finished disk, and he's finalising a release date. Why is it very limited? If we're ordering a finished product now it's compete and "coming too", that is. Did everyone's money go on gold plating and a diamond jewel case?

If he's talking about another pre-order, what's the point? Does he need additional funds to put the finishing touches to a disk? That's what people have paid for. And it's nearly finished. He's said so.

Apart from all the special features. Which will take at least another 6 months to develop.

I bet you anything they've got a digital copy nearly done, but absolutely no progress in getting it pressed and delivered. Meaning the Disk is still years away.

So he's trying another pre-order for the hard copy, which is ages away, and trying to disguise this fact by distracting everyone with a digital cookie.

If this ever gets released on disk I'll eat my own face.
    Last edited by DF118; 09-11-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: One Bottle of Sake on the Wall

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I think he's saying that the finished physical product will be completed soon, and will be shipped to everyone who already pre-ordered it. And for those who didn't pre-order, but want a physical copy, they'll open up additional ordering for that soon for a limited amount of time. Probably because he doesn't want to fulfill orders for an indefinite period, or because he wants it to be a "limited" product in some manner, I guess.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The website for this project has the NIN logo all over it, almost like it's an official project. Since it's actually snake oil, maybe the NIN camp might want to have a word? It's ambiguous enough that some folks might part with money and not realise that it isn't an official project. I don't remember TOIOU or other sites being quite so close to the bone.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The website for this project has the NIN logo all over it, almost like it's an official project. Since it's actually snake oil, maybe the NIN camp might want to have a word? It's ambiguous enough that some folks might part with money and not realise that it isn't an official project. I don't remember TOIOU or other sites being quite so close to the bone.
    This actually seems like a good idea....does TR visit these parts anymore? It kinda sucks to have to get him involved but at this point, maybe we should look to the NIN camp for help

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yep, sorry, I don't believe for a second it's coming out anytime soon. And I feel sorry for anyone who paid. And I hope, and am sure, that the "exclusive bonus content" on the DVD will be torrented to high heaven.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    This actually seems like a good idea....does TR visit these parts anymore? It kinda sucks to have to get him involved but at this point, maybe we should look to the NIN camp for help
    Eh. As much as I have no bones actively shitting all over this project given their horrible handling of other people's money, I think even trying to have the NIN camp reprimand them for using the NIN logo would be a dick move. Maybe that's because Nothing Records (read: John Malm) came after me when I launched NothingRadio.net... I'd gone for years using NIN & nothing logos on my various fan sites, and suddenly they wanted to talk to me about logos? That whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, I doubt Sasan reads any of this, but here's my advice to him, not that he's taken any of that in the past:

You want to give pre-orders an exclusive? Send them the physical product before posting it online. Then upload the digital version and take orders for more physical product. Everyone wins. (Spent all the money already? If you spent it on anything other than expenses directly related to this project, it wasn't yours to spend, so either bust out that credit card, start ebaying shit, or finagle a loan)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Prediction:
    In mid-december this thing suddenly comes alive again with the announcement of Xmas release and apologies for delays. "We rrrrrrrrrrrreally (*in Bill Hicks voice*) were going to put it online by Sept 15 but (surprise!) due to sudden HDD crash we had to postpone it. And oh by the way, pre-orders will be available again, for the vvvvveeeeeeery limited time".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Might as well send me all the audio/video clips. I can do a quicker/better job in a matter of days. Using Windows Movie Maker. For free.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Heh. I posted my idea (as The NIN Hotline) that their exclusive to pre-orderers should be delivering the discs on their facebook post about this, and unless I'm missing something, I think they deleted my post.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I already feel this exclusivity. A mere walking on the same planet is a blessing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Heh. I posted my idea (as The NIN Hotline) that their exclusive to pre-orderers should be delivering the discs on their facebook post about this, and unless I'm missing something, I think they deleted my post.
    Yeah I think they're deleting posts. I posted on there yesterday asking them how they were going to let people know the stuff was shipping in case people have moved since they ordered it, and how they've had my money for two years. Someone liked my post so it must've been visible at some point but it's nowhere to be seen now. I can see the post if I go through the notification but not if I just go look at their page....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I wonder what would happen if we all posted the same message?

Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    "To loyal nine inch nails fans everywhere

Tonight we had hoped to release..."

I have noticed that throughout all their communications they have been talking like this. As if they are celebrities/NIN themselves. They should be behaving like they are servants to the fans. Just like TOIOU, just like The Hotline, just like ToTom, just like RITC, just like EYB, just like all the bootleggers and all the traders in this community. I don't like that I don't recognise a single one of these names either.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Eh. As much as I have no bones actively shitting all over this project given their horrible handling of other people's money, I think even trying to have the NIN camp reprimand them for using the NIN logo would be a dick move. Maybe that's because Nothing Records (read: John Malm) came after me when I launched NothingRadio.net... I'd gone for years using NIN & nothing logos on my various fan sites, and suddenly they wanted to talk to me about logos? That whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Yes, but you weren't trying to sell anybody anything.

And you hadn't used the warm glow of the NIN brand to help take money from thousands of people, and then keep it for years without giving them anything.

(And then refused to communicate with those people. And when you did pop up, arrogantly refuse to answer questions.)

I'm sorry, comparing your situation to Sasan makes my teeth hurt.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't like that I don't recognise a single one of these names either.
    If I remember correctly, there was one time when the twitter account belonging to the owner of ATLD RTd a whole bunch of "Pink Is The New Blog" tweets. Including some shit about Jersey Shore. And I called him/her out for putting Jersey Shore on my fucking timeline. And I got a reply saying "If you knew who 'Pink Is The New Blog' is, you'd be more respectful."

As if being invited to Trent's wedding means you get a free pass for acting like Jersey Shore means shit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't like to say anything about this project, but I'm starting to be annoyed about all the glossy words backing it.

We will be releasing the full digital version of the show, representing years and years of our work for free, to anyone who wants to it, anywhere around the world. It's our gift, as belated as it may be, to the NIN community - a community to whom we apologize for those who've been frustrated and waiting patiently for the birth of this project.
    Is it something absolutely special give it for free? .... they are so very special.

@wizfan
    For quite some time I wanted to thank you for your "insider"posting.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...finished/page5

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The end of the week is right here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They are being very selective about the comments they delete...
    There are still recent negative comments on the page.
    Deleting a comment from a well known nin community resource such as The NIN Hotline is plain suspicious.
    Last edited by Nora Can Cans; 09-16-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: more blah

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAISAD
    Everyone - we ran into a bit of a snag. One of our files was inadvertently coded as a drop frame file resulting in a sync issue. Unfortunately, as a result, we have to push back the release until we get things solved - should be no later than the end of next Sunday (9/23). Our apologies

Updated their facebook.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Heh:

"Everyone - we ran into a bit of a snag. One of our files was inadvertently coded as a drop frame file resulting in a sync issue. Unfortunately, as a result, we have to push back the release until we get things solved - should be no later than the end of next Sunday (9/23). Our apologies."

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...d=168899361530