Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014.05.23 - London, UK @ The O2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpirate View Post
    Standing tickets on sale again if anyone still needs one - http://www.axs.com/uk/events/246319/...-nails-tickets
    Thank you so much. Got them. 89 quid for two!Was looking at a lot more on gumtree and shit.
    So, happy, you have no idea. Who to bring, who do I share this beautiful moment with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also managed to get a standing ticket! I'm coming all the way from Finland to see my sister who's studying in London and of course I decided to come visit when NIN is in town I'm also gonna attend the Nottingham concert and it would be fun to meet some local NIN fans so if anyone is going to Nottingham by car straight after the show or next morning I'd love to meet up! Or are there any cheap ways to travel in UK? The train tickets are as expensive as in Finland and I probably won't even get a student discount.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zencho View Post
    I also managed to get a standing ticket! I'm coming all the way from Finland to see my sister who's studying in London and of course I decided to come visit when NIN is in town I'm also gonna attend the Nottingham concert and it would be fun to meet some local NIN fans so if anyone is going to Nottingham by car straight after the show or next morning I'd love to meet up! Or are there any cheap ways to travel in UK? The train tickets are as expensive as in Finland and I probably won't even get a student discount.
    National Express coaches are a very cheap way to travel compared to trains, in London they all go from London Victoria coach station

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfanb View Post
    Thank you so much. Got them. 89 quid for two!Was looking at a lot more on gumtree and shit.
    So, happy, you have no idea. Who to bring, who do I share this beautiful moment with.
    Glad to be of help. One in the eye for the touts!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Fucking hell, we have to be in the O2 for 5 and in the arena at 6:15?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If there's someone missing a ticket to the London O2 show, I've got an extra one to sell for face value. My companion just cancelled... It's a NIN.com presale standing ticket (early entrance). The tickets are will call and the buyer has to enter the venue with me. PM if interested.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Fucking hell, we have to be in the O2 for 5 and in the arena at 6:15?
    This is what confuses me, we have seated tickets, and in 2009 we bought them in the pre-sale and we didn't have to be in the arena for any specific time at all. Does the timing of 6.15 refer to people with standing tickets who want to get to rail? What are they going to do, follow you around with security staff all the time to check you aren't selling them on??

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This is what confuses me, we have seated tickets, and in 2009 we bought them in the pre-sale and we didn't have to be in the arena for any specific time at all. Does the timing of 6.15 refer to people with standing tickets who want to get to rail? What are they going to do, follow you around with security staff all the time to check you aren't selling them on??
    Once you've got the ticket, you can't leave the arena (they'll scan ticket on entry and so they'll know you doubled back I guess?), but you can buy food and stuff if you're eating. If you're GA, you're SOL and someone's gonna make a fortune doing Wasabi runs or something

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Once you've got the ticket, you can't leave the arena (they'll scan ticket on entry and so they'll know you doubled back I guess?), but you can buy food and stuff if you're eating. If you're GA, you're SOL and someone's gonna make a fortune doing Wasabi runs or something
    but last time, the presale tickets were given out outside the Dome at the outside entrance, and nobody scanned anything - i'm perfectly happy to spend the few hours within the dome, as theres loads to do and places to eat / drink, but don't want to be stuck in the actual arena itself. they can't possibly sort everyone out before 6.15 so I assume you can just turn up a bit later and the presale people will still be there, I'm really not bothered with seeing cold cave

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's hilarious how the map marks "the entry to the arena" as the entry to the bit where all the pubs are, where the door next door will be wide open to letting the public in and out. http://www.theo2.co.uk/large-floorplan.html The venue starts where it says "A B C". They've done a show at this venue before with a presale. They know what the place looks like. They are idiots.

I'm taking it to mean the presale opens at 5pm. You can still rock up at 7pm and get your ticket and get to your seat. I'm sure they can process 2000 people (10% of the venue) within 3 1/2 hours. This is probably largely aimed at the people queueing from batshit o'clock *cough*

Also given how not sold out this show is LOL @ "THIS SHOW WILL BE WELL ATTENDED. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ARRIVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID A LONG WAIT AND MISSING ANY OF THE SHOW."
    Last edited by icklekitty; 05-13-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It's hilarious how the map marks "the entry to the arena" as the entry to the bit where all the pubs are, where the door next door will be wide open to letting the public in and out. http://www.theo2.co.uk/large-floorplan.html They've done a show at this venue before with a presale. They know what the place looks like. They are idiots.

I'm taking it to mean the presale opens at 5pm. You can still rock up at 7pm and get your ticket and get to your seat. I'm sure they can process 2000 people (10% of the venue) within 3 1/2 hours. This is probably largely aimed at the people queueing from batshit o'clock *cough*

Also given how not sold out this show is LOL @ "THIS SHOW WILL BE WELL ATTENDED. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ARRIVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID A LONG WAIT AND MISSING ANY OF THE SHOW."
    phew, it's still outside the whole Dome they give them out, I just want to turn up, get my ticket and go for a drink / food first

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I havent been to the O2 before.
    I have a GA ticket standing , is there hours of queuing to get in? I normally tend to turn up just before support act. I have to stand in the middle most of the time so I get a good enough view (5'6)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfanb View Post
    I havent been to the O2 before.
    I have a GA ticket standing , is there hours of queuing to get in? I normally tend to turn up just before support act. I have to stand in the middle most of the time so I get a good enough view (5'6)
    There's only queueing if the fans decide to make a queue. If you get there just before support turns up, you'll be fairly near the front, but you won't get rail - though I'd advise soundbooth over rail for view

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    are there still standing tickets available?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My intention has always been to get near the mixing desk for the view. Bearing in mind it's halfway back probably, is it feasible to go into the arena itself at 8-8.30 and get a spot there?
    Last edited by simonn; 05-13-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    are there still standing tickets available?

Yes

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nine-i...004B76B1E8B140

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    My intention has always been to get near the mixing desk for the view. Bearing in mind it's halfway back probably, is it feasible to go into the arena itself at 8-8.30 and get a spot there?
    Yes - board at O2 is normally more like 2/3 of the way back, as a heads up. If you want merch, you'll be out of luck though, unless you want something cold cave

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yes - board at O2 is normally more like 2/3 of the way back, as a heads up. If you want merch, you'll be out of luck though, unless you want something cold cave
    I'll be there from around 5 I imagine, just no point going into the arena itself until that time as I'm not coveting rail. 2/3 of the way back. Damn, that's pretty far.

Is there any plan for an ETS meet up prior to the gig, or has the 5pm pick up time put the kybosh on that?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd rather stick to the meet-up at Minories after the gig as I need to wait for a bunch of people to be in one place before I can collect my ticket. My plans might be more solid next week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    how's the sound in the o2 arena? is it a good venue?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd rather stick to the meet-up at Minories after the gig as I need to wait for a bunch of people to be in one place before I can collect my ticket. My plans might be more solid next week.
    Have changed my accommodation so I'm now only a couple of miles from Aldgate. Can I just pay the £5 on the door if I go?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    how's the sound in the o2 arena? is it a good venue?
    Variable - people say if you're on the floor or level 1, it's generally fine - but if you're up in level 4 (very high up), a bit more variable - a bit echoey. Certainly not awful sound. For a big place, which it is, from my experience it's generally well organised, certainly better than Wembley Arena, and there's a LOT of places to eat and drink. For a big venue, I like the place (maybe because it's so accessible from where I live!) - though it pales in comparison to somewhere like Brixton. Have you bought you're tickets yet? If not, do it! You won't regret it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Variable - people say if you're on the floor or level 1, it's generally fine - but if you're up in level 4 (very high up), a bit more variable - a bit echoey. Certainly not awful sound. For a big place, which it is, from my experience it's generally well organised, certainly better than Wembley Arena, and there's a LOT of places to eat and drink. For a big venue, I like the place (maybe because it's so accessible from where I live!) - though it pales in comparison to somewhere like Brixton. Have you bought you're tickets yet? If not, do it! You won't regret it.
    Thanks! No, I haven't, but I think I'll buy it today. I just want to make sure that I can get to the first 5-10 rows with a floor ticket. Is that possible or are there any wavebreakers or sections in the floor area?

Originally I considered going to Luxembourg as I heard the venue is excellent there (built for rock concerts) but London is like 200 Euros cheaper.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Have changed my accommodation so I'm now only a couple of miles from Aldgate. Can I just pay the £5 on the door if I go?
    That's what I'm doing. Although I usually sit outside on the terrace and bring my own if I can so only really pay entry if I need a piss.

Thanks! No, I haven't, but I think I'll buy it today. I just want to make sure that I can get to the first 5-10 rows with a floor ticket. Is that possible or are there any wavebreakers or sections in the floor area?

Originally I considered going to Luxembourg as I heard the venue is excellent there (built for rock concerts) but London is like 200 Euros cheaper.
    There are no wavebreakers, but consider how realistic the first 5-10 rows is if you don't have a presale ticket for a venue that holds 20,000 (i.e. up to 2,000 presale tickets were sold). I don't think that should put you off coming, I just think lowering that expectation will help your experience.
    Last edited by icklekitty; 05-15-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That's what I'm doing. Although I usually sit outside on the terrace and bring my own if I can so only really pay entry if I need a piss.
    Aren't you the organiser of the afterparty!? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Was wondering who else from the boards is going to the afterparty - I've seen the 'I'm going' list on Facebook but as that's got people's real names, that doesn't really help (apart from Sheepdean)! I ask, as if I do go I'd be going by myself, all the rest of my mates are heading back to Kent that night , while I'm off to Nottingham the following day...
    Last edited by simonn; 05-15-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm organising the meet-up, not the afterparty. The afterparty is being run by a nightclub.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How can I buy a ticket outside of the UK?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i was hoping to do both before & after (meet and party)
    but i'm having to be in work for 2am friday & saturday!!
    so the whole evening is going to be very short & rushed sadly
    and I've decided, i'm going to grab as much sleep after work on friday, and leave as late as i can, and then leave for the train home pretty sharpish!
    which all in all i'm very gutted, to be missing out!
    but, thank you, @icklekitty for arranging the meet up, and the guys doing the after party!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Attending on my own. Wifey not into NIN. Got early entry. Driving down for the day. Anyone fancy a pre show beer before queueing? Twitter @barrygwilliam

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lam1na View Post
    Attending on my own. Wifey not into NIN. Got early entry. Driving down for the day. Anyone fancy a pre show beer before queueing? Twitter @barrygwilliam
    Hoping to be there around 5. My twitter is @Simonenicholas . See what we can do on the day!
    Last edited by simonn; 05-15-2014 at 04:35 PM.