Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2013.11.16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Vegas and stuff

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Set was completely different from last night. They started with all time low and went from there. Copy of a was like 6 or 7 songs in, that was strange. In this twilight, echoplex, reptile, a warm place, satellite, running and somewhat damaged were different from night 1. No all the love in the world.

During the encore and the introduce the band part, he told us one oc his friends in LA is really sick and can't really leave his house and was trying to make it to tonights show but is bed ridden so he couldn't, so he did this face time chat thing where he called him on his phone and had the audience say helllo and stuff. That was neat, I started filming it half way through, if nobody else posts it, I'll upload it next week when I'm home.

Overall, I enjoyed night #1 waaaay more. Better setlist, and better crowd. This crowd didn't know how to party, it sucked! Oh well. Here's to next Thursday when I get to see the full production in Vancouver. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I bought a seat in the balcony for this show thinking that it would be the full production. Since I knew I'd be on the floor for the other two shows I was seeing this tour, I wanted to see the lights and screens from an unobstructed viewpoint. I will never, never, never have a seat that isn't presale ever again. Deadest section ever, with the exception of the assholes behind me who yelled "Just die!" at Explosions in the Sky (and that was the nicest thing they said all evening). Section 304 finally showed some life during Wish, THTF, and HLAH.

The setlist was excellent; the order was switched up from the usual list and 1,000,000, Terrible Lie, March of the Pigs, and Piggy weren't played. TR also called AmateurChemist (Andrew Youssef) between Even Deeper and In This Twilight and had the band and the audience say hello. I did miss the visual for ITT, but it was nice to hear it again. No ATLITW, but we got Reptile and Echoplex. The call and exchange between TR and the backup singers was really neat for Echoplex. I truly enjoyed the backup singers and I hope they stick around for future tours. They really add to the show.

1. All Time Low
    2. Sanctified
    3. Disappointed
    4. Came Back Haunted
    5. Copy of A
    6. Reptile
    7. The Frail
    8. The Wretched
    9. Echoplex
    10. Satellite
    11. Running
    12. I Would For You
    13. The Big Come Down
    14. Survivalism
    15. In Two
    16. A Warm Place
    17. Somewhat Damaged
    18. Wish
    19. The Hand That Feeds
    20. Head Like A Hole

Encore
    21. Even Deeper
    22. In This Twilight
    23. While I'm Still Here
    24. Hurt
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 11-17-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2013.11.16 - Las Vegas @ The Joint

Great show and love the rearranged set list. Too bad I'm stuck in the parking lot right now to get my thoughts together.

Also cool FaceTime moment with Andrew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bad ass!

Echoplex, reptile & a warm place! Loved it. Really nice it was much colder inside the building...first NIN show I didn't break a sweat at. How nice!

Trent put on a jacket after what, the 3 song?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, there were some real assholes there tonight. There was one guy behind me who for every song would say in a faux fangirl voice something like, "Reptile! Reptile! Oh my gawd! This is my favorite song! Reptile!" Even during A Warm Place for like 30 seconds, "This is my favorite song! This is my favorite song! Shit on me!" I thought maybe it'd be better for the HM songs, but no. Apparently he is the biggest (and most annoying) NIN fan ever, because he knew everything. He would sing along in his fangirl voice. I can't think of anyone in my life that I have wanted to punch more than him.

The crowd tonight was really chatty too.

Aside from those issues, I really enjoyed the show again. Between last night and tonight, we got the full set of HM songs that have been played live, which was nice, since I hadn't heard any of them live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Vegas crowds suck. Seems like the majority are there to get shit-faced and talk during the set.

A bit sad though, I brought my gf to her first NIN show expecting the full production but was let down. The overhead LED panels were great, but after seeing the full show in LA it's difficult to compare.

Their last show at the planet Hollywood was great, but I think PH Live is currently under construction.

And who is the old bassist guy? He muddies up every single bass-line heavy song, eg sanctified, survivalism. I am sure he'd find a way to screw up the Only bass line as well. Justin, JMJ, twiggy were all leagues better.
    Last edited by erikiksaz; 11-17-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thought this show was great, as last night was. I agree the crowd had some douches both nights but luckily nothing happened to me or near me that bothered me too much. I was so happy they played I Would For You since it might be my favorite HM track and hasn't gotten much love live.. but they must have worked on it or something because it sounded amazing, way better than the one YouTube clip I saw from earlier in the tour. Felt the same way about All The Love in the World last night, soo good. I liked that they switched around a bunch of stuff from night 1, interesting to see All Time Low opening and Copy of A a few songs in although I'm glad they played it both nights since it's great live and I love the light effects. I also never complain about getting what might be my all time favorite song/s The Frail & The Wretched so that was nice twice (see what I did there?). Well long story short these 2 shows at The Joint were my 17th & 18th NIN shows respectively, they were both great for many reasons, and I'll always remember them.. they will have their special places in my NIN tour memories.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wow- that FaceTime bit with Andrew Youseff(sp?) was pretty damn special. Not a fan of ITTW but was beyond touching... and most certainly changed the perception of the song for anyone following that story.

Unexpected setlist variation for sure, and typical fucking Vegas crowd. I come here every couple years for a concert to remind myself how much I hate this place and the fucking tools and dooshbags that inhabit this cesspool.

Also said a quick "hello" and thanks to NIN tour history creator/founder (sorry- don't even think I know his name) on the way in.

I think that's it for my crappy review. Goodnight!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I guess that I was just surprised because the other shows that I'd seen in Las Vegas (Planet Hollywood during LITS and The Pearl during NINJA) were fine. There was a drunken asshole in front of me last night who was trying to hook up with the cocktail waitress, which I found to be rather funny (there was no way that she was going home with that particular lecherous ass). But everyone else around me last night was fine; we talked about shows that we'd seen in the past and common musical interests. They didn't talk during the show and their singing was on key and in the same octave as TR. I'll definitely try to stick to shows in CA or MA from now on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the altered arrangement of the songs. It definitely kept me on my toes because I didn't know what was coming next. That said, opening with ATL killed any crowd energy and that was one of the calmest pits I've ever been in. Now off to back to Cali, let's hope people stay in town for the marathon and the traffic is low.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here is my vid of In This Twilight. Excellent sound, and has the facetime part too. Also, excuse THE SINGLE CROWD SURFER OF THE WHOLE SHOW, who decided to do it during this song..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2013.11.16 - Las Vegas @ The Joint

Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Yeah, there were some real assholes there tonight. There was one guy behind me who for every song would say in a faux fangirl voice something like, "Reptile! Reptile! Oh my gawd! This is my favorite song! Reptile!" Even during A Warm Place for like 30 seconds, "This is my favorite song! This is my favorite song! Shit on me!" I thought maybe it'd be better for the HM songs, but no. Apparently he is the biggest (and most annoying) NIN fan ever, because he knew everything. He would sing along in his fangirl voice. I can't think of anyone in my life that I have wanted to punch more than him.
    I can only imagine.

I was on the rail right behind the sound guy and this guest list chick decided to do some yoga right there on the road case. Feet in the air and the constant bitchin' about back pains and shit.

Everyone gave her a dirty face.

On the plus side Tony Hawk sat in front of me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I was on the left of the soundboard for this one since I slept in and my wristband was in the mid-thirties. The sound was so much better here (the barricade didn't get any of the PA last night). In terms of the setlist, I found it to be an excellent compliment to night one and the band sounded amazing.

The lighting design was spectacular and I wouldn't mind this setup for other smaller venues. A total visual and aural assault.

I'm so happy that Andrew was able to watch the show via FaceTime since he couldn't be there in person. It's just one more reason why NIN is my favorite band.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 11-17-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel like I was standing around everyone who knew each other, and I kind of knew them from having stood with them / read all their internet postings prior, and. well. that was that. Fun times, though. Pretty chill show in the front, as tends to be the case nowadays, though quite a big pit opened up behind me during some of the non-funk songs (on Robin's side, I should note).

I wonder who the mohawk asshole was who seemed to be causing some grief in the center...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great show. Even better than Friday, I think. "Reptile" was so ridiculously heavy with 4 guitars plus Pino's monstrous bass tone. Thought we were actually going to escape without "Hurt" when they launched into ITTW. Crowd was awful, as is typical for Vegas, but the band more than made up for it. I continue not to be an Explosions in the Sky live fan. They're incredibly talented, and ridiculously intense, just not a good opening act for NIN.

To really top off this most excellent weekend of NIN, I just ran into half the band in the airport (Robin, Josh, Lisa, and Sharlotte). Only spoke with Robin very briefly, since he was with his family (and it was pretty funny seeing the legendary Robin Finck pushing a stroller through the airport!). I did spend a couple of minutes talking to Lisa in the Starbucks line. She's so ridiculously nice! Said she's still not used to being up there singing some of the "classic" NIN songs like HLAH that she's been listening to for years.

Overall, a great trip and two great shows. I'm definitely glad I got to see the full-on Moment Factory experience in Phoenix, though. They did a good job of trimming the show down for a smaller venue, but the full show is mind-blowing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    setlist.fm says Only was on the setlist after Wish but wasn't played, any confirmation?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2013.11.16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Quote Originally Posted by demgoth View Post
    setlist.fm says Only was on the setlist after Wish but wasn't played, any confirmation?
    Yep, was not played.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Here is my vid of In This Twilight. Excellent sound, and has the facetime part too...
    Awesome video, love the black and white for this song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My bad, didn't even notice it on the setlist pic that was posted. Still thinking about how great these 2 shows were. So glad NIN is back and kicking ass on this tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    Awesome video, love the black and white for this song.

Thanks, I had been taking some photos in b/w at the moment, so just kept it on there, and perfect lighting and sound made it stellar. Photos coming soon, Ill post a couple when I get home. Fibally got out of the las vegas marathon traffic bs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erikiksaz View Post

And who is the old bassist guy? He muddies up every single bass-line heavy song, eg sanctified, survivalism. I am sure he'd find a way to screw up the Only bass line as well. Justin, JMJ, twiggy were all leagues better.

Yeah - Im sure Trent just hired some hack bass player he found off the street and doesnt really pay attention to how his playing sounds.
    Seriously? "leagues better"?
    I am not really into "who is a more skilled musician" - as some pretty hack musicians have made some amazing music over the years - but this guy is WORLDS more experienced as a musician than the guys you mentioned, never mind since before they were even born.

Anyway, many thanks to misled75 from ETS who patiently waited and had faith for me to drive to Vegas from LA just before the show to buy my other ticket. My other friends there had seats and I had GA but hung with misled75 the whole show on the floor. Thanks for the good company man! Great guy!! The other couple ppl I was speaking to before I drove to Vegas about tix - I hope you got a ticket...

My friends there also said up in the top level seats it was a sleep fest up there. I was on the floor and would have liked one of the tiered rails but I couldn't get there till just before opener went on and they were all taken by then. Wish I was taller than 5'10" for GA and it isnt SO bad but while I dont mind someone taking a pic or two above there head but the people that hold cameras ABOVE their heads to FILM need to f-off. At least f-ing hold it at your own head level. Nobody behind u wants to stare at your bright camera screen in their way, never mind most of you are taking worthless quality shaking videos while you are dancing around while ruining it for the people behind you - but I guess consideration for others is a thing of the past with many ppl at shows. I know - endless debate - and I digress...

Show was great though - well worth the drive and loved the set changes and of course Trents "Bono" moment was a very nice touch to being a human being.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ^^

glad you found a buyer for the ticket. Me? I was hating my life all day Sat/Sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    Yeah - Im sure Trent just hired some hack bass player he found off the street and doesnt really pay attention to how his playing sounds.
    Seriously? "leagues better"?
    I am not really into "who is a more skilled musician" - as some pretty hack musicians have made some amazing music over the years - but this guy is WORLDS more experienced as a musician than the guys you mentioned, never mind since before they were even born.
    I definitely know I'm going against the grain here, but I don't think more experience necessarily translates into better music under every single genre or subgenre of music. I've looked up Pino and his credentials are definitely there, but I personally don't like his style as it pertains to how I like NIN live.

When I first saw Josh play the new Sanctified at Lollapallooza, the bass-line was amazing. Saw the same song with Pino at the Staples Center, and had I not heard it the first time at Lolla, I wouldn't have been able to hum the damn bass line back to you if I wanted. I thought that perhaps I was experiencing some interference with the bass from where I was seated. Come Vegas, same thing, same muddled bass notes from Pino. I think again, had I not heard Josh's version, I still would not have been able to appreciate the bass line.

Same thing with Survivalism. I don't know what the hell Pino does with it, but the distinct notes are not as pronounced, it just disappears into the background. Same with Terrible Lie at the Staples center.

All in all, great performance from the rest of the band (Ilan is growing on me, although I like Josh Freeze's renditions a bit more).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You guys, wow. Got any sand in your vagina??? Save your wine for tool or next time stay home and watch law and order. If you were an Indian they would call you "Bitches like women."

And here's where youre confused regarding the bass player. He's rocking on stage with nine inch nails, you suck ass and fold sweaters for a career at Ambercrombie and Fitch. So shut your noise hole. Christ on a stick! Is this your first NIN show? When did NIN fans become such bitches????

I loved the show, sorry I was in your way Yoda. Can't help being 6'1" any more then you can help being 5'4". (Maybe your parnts drank too much when you were conceived.) And to anyone else under 6', I have no problem letting you stand in front of me or letting you sit on my shoulders. Just say something. My names Aaron, dude with short pony tail. My 22 & 23 show since 2005. Absolutely love it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    OK,

1. Let's cool it with the personal attacks.

and

2. If you want to discuss Pino's merits specifically, there's a thread for that in the Tour News and Discussion forum.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erikiksaz View Post
    I definitely know I'm going against the grain here, but I don't think more experience necessarily translates into better music under every single genre or subgenre of music. I've looked up Pino and his credentials are definitely there, but I personally don't like his style as it pertains to how I like NIN live.

When I first saw Josh play the new Sanctified at Lollapallooza, the bass-line was amazing. Saw the same song with Pino at the Staples Center, and had I not heard it the first time at Lolla, I wouldn't have been able to hum the damn bass line back to you if I wanted. I thought that perhaps I was experiencing some interference with the bass from where I was seated. Come Vegas, same thing, same muddled bass notes from Pino. I think again, had I not heard Josh's version, I still would not have been able to appreciate the bass line.

Same thing with Survivalism. I don't know what the hell Pino does with it, but the distinct notes are not as pronounced, it just disappears into the background. Same with Terrible Lie at the Staples center.

All in all, great performance from the rest of the band (Ilan is growing on me, although I like Josh Freeze's renditions a bit more).

Fair enough if you dont like his style - it just sounded like you were saying he was a hack bass player.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VenturaLocal View Post
    You guys, wow. Got any sand in your vagina??? Save your wine for tool or next time stay home and watch law and order. If you were an Indian they would call you "Bitches like women."

And here's where youre confused regarding the bass player. He's rocking on stage with nine inch nails, you suck ass and fold sweaters for a career at Ambercrombie and Fitch. So shut your noise hole. Christ on a stick! Is this your first NIN show? When did NIN fans become such bitches????

I loved the show, sorry I was in your way Yoda. Can't help being 6'1" any more then you can help being 5'4". (Maybe your parnts drank too much when you were conceived.) And to anyone else under 6', I have no problem letting you stand in front of me or letting you sit on my shoulders. Just say something. My names Aaron, dude with short pony tail. My 22 & 23 show since 2005. Absolutely love it.
    I dont know who exactly you are directing any of your comments at specifically - but regarding height, if its me - I would never complain at someone for them being taller - if you read my post - its about the people holding cameras OVER their head to film video. Its inconsiderate - plain and simple. I know that seems to mean nothing these days - but it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A few pics. More soon...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    A few pics. More soon...
    You're pics look great, much better than my iPhone was able to do with all of the fog on stage. May I ask what kind of camera you used for this?