96 Post(s)
    Footage of 4 new songs in all.

Aimless Arrow
    No Light Escapes
    Empty On The Inside
    Shame In The Way

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Converge are fuckin awesome, but to be honest i lost trace of them since "Jane Doe" (shame on me, i know) is the new stuff any good? where should i start?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You Fail Me.

Each album is fairly different in their own way, always Converge...but quite distinct. Be sure to give Axe To Fall a good few listens though, it's stellar. The song 'Cutter' makes me want to throw my head across the street.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Cheers mate, i already ordered "You fail me" and "Axe to fall", i did knew "Eagles become Vultures" (track and video) awesome song!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New songs sound siiick. Can't wait for the new album. Any release date set yet?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Was talking briefly with Jake yesterday about it actually. They've got two more shows for their tour and then no more shows until August so we can expect news 'very, very soon'. Also hopefully with that new batch of one-off Jane Doe prints lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Wear Your Wounds & Revelator Split 7"EP coming soon
    From the Deathwish Website:
    Self released, exclusively distributed by Deathwish Direct.
    A release date and ordering information will be posted shortly.

Revelator is the somber vision of musician Ben Chisholm, who is also a full time member of Chelsea Wolfe. Recording under the name "White Horse" since 2010, he has released a number of highly praised experimental solo recordings including "Final Coordinates" and "The Revenant Gospels I, II, and III". Sighting other artists working under that same moniker, the name was eventually put out to pasture in 2012. With this fresh start, Revelator offers "Net of Gems", a melancholic and haunting song driven by a wash of electronics, throbbing percussion, spiraling piano and subtle guitar work. He effortlessly constructs a sonic world which conjures up delicate hallucinogenic visions akin to a spry Pink Floyd, but darker and more ethereal.

Wear Your Wounds is the product of years of solo experimentation by founding Converge member Jacob Bannon. Picking up where his avante-garde projects Irons and Supermachiner left off, "Adrift In You" quickly builds into a hook laden storm of sound. Subtle electronics, massive guitars, and huge percussion swirl as poignant vocals call from the eye of it all. Bringing to mind the stark sounds of Swans, Killing Joke, Joy Division, and other like minded artists. Serving as a bold yet abbreviated taste of the new creative chapter for one of aggressive music's most influential artists.

Been waiting on Wear Your Wounds for a LONG time....so pumped.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Turns out that artwork above is for a newly announced 7" split with Napalm Death. Sounds deadly.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Giving Axe to Fall a listen today...

So I think Wretched World is my favorite song from most of their catalog. So incredible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Metallic hardcore quartet Converge have just left Godcity Studios having just put the finishing touches to their eighth as-yet-untitled album, the follow-up to 2009's face-smashing 'Axe To Fall'.
    Talking to Terrorizer, frontman Jacob Bannon commented: "Being a band for over 21 years, we've developed our sound. Now we just kind of evolve and mutate and get more technically proficient with every record, but there's never a big sound change. It's funny, you hear about bands getting older and losing the will to be aggressive, but I've never found any reason not to be angry. This record is no different."
    Amen!
    Their new record is due to land in autumn. But, if you fancy getting sweaty before that they play Hevy fest which takes place August 3-6 at Port Lypne Wild Animal Park, Kent.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Giving Axe to Fall a listen today...

So I think Wretched World is my favorite song from most of their catalog. So incredible.
    Wretched World is so fuckin' good.

Also, the documentary on J. Bannon is apparently almost done and will be released in 2 months. And Kurt announced that the album, as of last night, is fully mixed and completed. They're playing tonight with Rorschach (which would be insane to see) but at least we hopefully should hear news soon. I'd say we're looking at a fall release at this point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    "It's funny, you hear about bands getting older and losing the will to be aggressive, but I've never found any reason not to be angry."

Quoted again for emphasis.

Saw Converge with Rorschach last night in Manhattan. Shit was intense. Got a couple scrapes, and I'm happy to say they play with unrelenting aggression after all this time. Rorschach was pretty evil, too, but I wasn't as close for them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Super jealous. How did the new songs sound live? I'm starting to get jacked for some news on the album soon...I hope.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Official street date for AWLWLB is looking to be September 11th.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck I saw that earlier before work. Soooo sick.

Also:

08/02: Viveiro, Spain @ Resurrection Festival
    08/03: Katowice, Poland @ Off Festival
    08/04: Hannover, Germany @ Chez Heinz w/ Rise And Fall, Oathbreaker, and Birds In Row
    08/05: Port, UK @ Hevy Festival
    08/06: Paris, France @ Le Glazart w/ Toxic Holocaust, Rise And Fall, and Birds In Row
    08/07: Geneve, Switzerland @ L'usine w/ Toxic Holocaust, Rise And Fall, and Birds In Row
    08/08: Munchen, Germany @ Feierwerk w/ Toxic Holocaust, Rise And Fall, and Birds In Row
    08/09: Wien, Austria @ Szene w/ Darkest Hour, Rise And Fall, and Birds In Row
    08/10: Jaromer, Czech Republic @ Brutal Assault Festival
    08/11: Karlsuhe, Germany @ Stadtmitte w/ Rise And Fall, Birds In Row
    08/12: Ieper, Belgium @ Ieper Fest

Looks like that'll be it before AWLWLB drops in September. Jake said he's working on the album art right now as well as two more prints for this summer. Super pumped.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    In the article, it says that the album has yet to be titled, sooo what is this AWLWLB acronym you keep posting about?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    At the live show in Seattle last December, the only shirt they brought along to sell had 'All We Love We Leave Behind' on the back, which wasn't a reference to any previous song or anything. Then Jake did a few interviews in magazines earlier this year where they said '...the new album will be titled All We Love We Leave Behind..' and no one in the Converge camp said anything to refute it. Could change, but for now I just say it's that instead of 'the new untitled album' lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ah, right on. I just hadn't read anywhere they there was a tentative title and was wondering about that. Cool man, hope it's awesome. From what I heard at the chicago show it'll be awesome

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Preorders are up for the Converge/Napalm Death 7" split. Samples here The Converge clip sounds massive. Also, Jacob put up prints based on the 7" artwork. Despite my better judgement, I had to snag the blue/green one...I mean, look at it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    By the way i've heard "You Fail me", fuckin' awesome album! Drop Out, You Fail Me, Eagles Become Vultures, Fuck yeah!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New songs sound amazing, gha, can't wait! Converge never disappoints, not up until this point in their career anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All We Love We Leave Behind is seemingly ready to blow our collective faces off.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck. Yes.

'All We Love We Leave Behind' will be released on Deathwish/Epitaph on October 9th.

U.S. Tour

09/01: Los Angeles, CA @ FYF Fest w/ American Nightmare, Quicksand, and more
    10/12: New Britain, CT @ Club INT w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/13: Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/14: Pittsburgh, PA @ Altar Bar w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/15: Columbus, OH @ Skully's w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/16: Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/18: Chicago, IL @ Metro w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/19: Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock Social Club w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/20: Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Coalesce, and more
    10/21: Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/22: Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    10/24: Seattle, WA @ El Corazon w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
    10/25: Portland, OR @ Branx w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
    10/26: San Francisco, CA @ Slim's w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
    10/27: Pomona, CA @ Glasshouse w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
    10/28: Los Angeles, CA @ EchoPlex w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
    10/30: Mesa, AZ @ The Nile w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Nails, and more
    11/01: Dallas, TX @ Sons of Herman Hall w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    11/02: Austin, TX @ Fun Fun Fun Festival w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    11/03: Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald's w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    11/04: Little Rock, AR @ Downtown Music w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    11/05: Birmingham, AL @ Zydece w/ Torche, Kvelertak, and more
    11/06: Nashville, TN @ Exit/In w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
    11/07: Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
    11/08: Durham, NC @ Motoroco Music Hall w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
    11/09: Philly, PA @ Union Transfer w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
    11/10: Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
    11/11: New York City, NY @ Highline Ballroom w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more
    11/12: Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair w/ Torche, Kvelertak, Whips/Chains, and more

European Tour

11/23: Koln, Germany @ Essigfabrik w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    11/24: Brussels, Belgium @ Magasin 4 w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    11/25: London, UK @ Koko w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    11/26: Birmingham, UK @ 02 Academy 2 w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    11/27: Colchester, UK @ Arts Centre w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    11/28: Glascow, Scotland @ Classic Grand w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    11/29: Machester, UK @ Academy 2 w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    11/30: Dublin, Ireland @ The Button Factory w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/01: Brighton, UK @ Concorde 2 w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/02: Orleans, France @ L'Astrolabe w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/03: Utrecht, Holland @ Tivoli w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/04: Hamburg, Germany @ Fabrik w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/05: Gothenburg, Sweden @ Brew House w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/06: Oslo, Norway @ Rockefeller w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/07: Stockholm, Sweden @ Strand w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/09: Helsinki, Finland @ Nosturi w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/11: Copenhagan, Denmark @ Loppen w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/12: Berlin, Germany @ SO36 w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/13: Leipzig, Germany @ Conne Island w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/14: Prague, Czech Republic @ Futurm w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/15: Augsburg, Germany @ Kantine w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/16: Budapest, Hungary @ Durer Kert w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/17: Zagreb, Croatia @ Mochvara w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/18: Wein, Austria @ Arena w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/19: Milan, Italy @ Factory w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/20: Rome, Italy @ Traffic Club w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/21: Aarau, Switzerland @ Kiff w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret
    12/22: Karlsruhe, Germany @ Substage w/ Touche Amore, A Storm Of Light, and The Secret

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow what a fucking lineup. Definitely going to the San Francisco show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love those posters.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gettin' close! PREORDERS NOW LIVE!!!! AAAAAWWWW FUUUUUCK.

Listen to 'Aimless Arrow'.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 08-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Whoa, no splatters or Skulls!!! hahaha jk! I love Bannons art but I do have to say this seems fresh in a way that the art for ATF didn't so fuck yeah..

I'll be pre-ordering the 2x12" when I get paid, hopefully they won't sell out by then

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Aimless Arrow sounds very You Fail Me-ish to me as well, I'm fuckin' jacked for this!