Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Converge

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's funny, because i don't love anything before Jane Doe (and even jane doe is my least favorite of their albums that i like)
    I can honestly say the same. I listened to every album prior to Jane Doe a handful of times while everything Jane Doe and after has been in the dozens if not more. I'm not a hardcore music hater but it doesn't bring me as much enjoyment as the recent output.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Really? I find that very interesting since it's been their latest stuff that's been so boring to me. I think what I always loved about Converge was how progressive each album sounded production wise and sonically ... you could hear them experimenting with each new album but since No Heroes I feel like all their albums have a similar sound. It kinda bores me and it makes me mad that Kurt Ballou thought that You Fail Me needed a remastering a few years back and adjusted the mixing that I loved so much from the original. Oh well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh yes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    fucking west coast only. Would be a great time to see Neurosis finally.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    fucking west coast only. Would be a great time to see Neurosis finally.
    The laughably small East Coast tour finished up a bit ago. They had a show here in Durham....fucking bizarre. I didn't go to it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The laughably small East Coast tour finished up a bit ago. They had a show here in Durham....fucking bizarre. I didn't go to it.
    Worked with smaller promoters maybe?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Worked with smaller promoters maybe?
    Who even knows...it was a strange choice.

apologies for the photo size but being a fan for years this is oddly my first wearable merch from the band so I went classic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, 4 tix for this just cost me $202! Sigh...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Damn, 4 tix for this just cost me $202! Sigh...
    Well, that's not too bad, that's like $50 a ticket. I certainly hope you're not footing the bill for the other 3 people you bought tickets for though... then I can see your concern, lol.

But I know the feeling having to be "the friend" that always buys the concert tickets FFS....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, that's not too bad, that's like $50 a ticket. I certainly hope you're not footing the bill for the other 3 people you bought tickets for though... then I can see your concern, lol.

But I know the feeling having to be "the friend" that always buys the concert tickets FFS....
    Pretty much is actually lol. Mine + the wife's, the other two are for my friend and his wife...though he's not just my friend of 15 years but also my tattoo artist that doesn't charge me more than a few beers per 5 hour tattoo session, so I toss him a free show now and then.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Who even knows...it was a strange choice.

apologies for the photo size but being a fan for years this is oddly my first wearable merch from the band so I went classic.

Have that t-shirt. Doesn't fit me anymore, but I have it. Don't get old.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone else watching the Caleb Scofield tribute show? Converge is breaking out all the old jams. Fucking killing it omg.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Anyone else watching the Caleb Scofield tribute show? Converge is breaking out all the old jams. Fucking killing it omg.
    @otnavuskire is at the show, i'm so jealous.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?! @otnavuskire I want a report when it's all over dammit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It was a hell of a fucking night. Some pictures are on my Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/otnavuskire/

I'll write some more when I get home.

EDIT: That was a really special night. I wasn't familiar with The Cancer Conspiracy before tonight (although you'd think I would be, considering they're from Northern VT, where I live). They put on a good set. It was only two songs long, but a good half hour. Old Man Gloom was who I was primarily there for, and they didn't disappoint. Stephen Brodsky did a great job filling in for Caleb. I'm not as into Converge or Cave In, and it was my first time seeing either of them, but I'd happily see both of them live again. I'm a bit bruised from the crowd during Converge. That was a fun set. Cave In's set was really special, with Caleb's brother filling in on bass for the first half, and then Nate joining for the second. The "surprise" finale with everyone joining together to perform as Zozobra was really spectacular as well. Aaron Turner is a beast. I'm not sure who the second person who came out on vocals was though. Anyone know? (EDIT: Figured it out, it's Kevin Baker of All Pigs Must Die!) They closed with "A Distant Star Fades", which is exactly what I was hoping they'd close with. I teared up a little during that.

Next up, try to get a ticket for the L.A. benefit with the ISIS REUNION!!!
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 06-14-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    A guy from Cult Leader was watching the show. His apparent gf is this chick @sweetestfriend on IG. She has some good videos of the show on her story as well, but they will be gone by tomorrow night so watch quickly!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    do you think anyone captured the livestream? i don't even care about video, i just wanna be able to listen to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Captured livestream here:

I love Converge, but Bannon live has been laughably bad for awhile, they were the low point of the entire thing for me. Nate fucking Newton though, holy shit, dude was all over the entire set.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    Nate fucking Newton though, holy shit, dude was all over the entire set.
    Took part in four of the sets! Dude must be exhausted today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    Captured livestream here:

I love Converge, but Bannon live has been laughably bad for awhile, they were the low point of the entire thing for me. Nate fucking Newton though, holy shit, dude was all over the entire set.
    here's the problem - jacob's vocals are bone fucking dry. if you're going to cup the mic and scream the way he does, you need some fucking reverb and i don't understand why he's always mixed so terribly! the 5.1 mix on "thousands of miles between us" is a fucking joke because the center channel is just his isolated, dry vocals, and it sounds abominable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Most of my contemporary 'metal' tastes all spring from this whole Boston-area family of sorts (Cave In, Converge *got into them first during No Heroes era*, OMG, Zozobra, Isis, Sumac, Doomriders, etc.), and Caleb's death is very tragic.

Wish I could have been at the Boston show or be at the upcoming LA show. Enjoy- and much love to those who can and support.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Most of my contemporary 'metal' tastes all spring from this whole Boston-area family of sorts (Cave In, Converge *got into them first during No Heroes era*, OMG, Zozobra, Isis, Sumac, Doomriders, etc.), and Caleb's death is very tragic.

Wish I could have been at the Boston show or be at the upcoming LA show. Enjoy- and much love to those who can and support.
    I hope you listen to All Pigs Must Die.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've often thought of that...that if you lived in the Boston area, there's a higher probability that at least one of those bands (which all kick full ass) would be playing like every few months. Would be so sick.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Jane Doe enamel pin (for my vest) from the King's Road Store

Also bought this shirt with it:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You would...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by archive_reports View Post
    wut. Hope it's a good mix of the style of the final two songs on the last record.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    The Dusk In Us b-sides or leftovers?

A lovely surprise!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whole thing's like 7 min total lmao.