Thread: Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christo View Post
    It DEF won't beat this performance.

My god who are these emo assholes?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm going as someone's +1! I fucking love him for asking me!

This is on the day I arrive in LA. My flight is 15 hours, I arrive at lunch time and I'm heading straight over! This is going to be pretty surreal!

I hope Everything is played....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    You guys are silly. obviously they are going to play Everything
    This actually would be a good venue to premiere the song.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Sellouts!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I haven't been to a JKL taping before. Does the audience for the show get to go outside for the concert, or are they totally separate?
    They get to stand in the back after the concert crowd is let in.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hopefully they play and air Everything (Autolux Remix).

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    When rammstein played, they showed du hast. But they performed feur frei and ich will I believe.

So kudos to those who make it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

OMG. Where to start... This is so great on so many cynical levels. Trent in supercool sunglasses, Aaron looking bored as shit during the breakdown, and all the TRL style camera zooms and cuts.. That said, I hope the Kimmel appearance actually appears to look like NIN.
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 10-28-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Will Trent EVER appear on Colbert Report? I'd punch a Lion in the testicles to see that interview.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Now all that's left is to see Nine Inch Nails show up on David Letterman, Howard Stern and/or Opie & Anthony. (I'm also sorry if that's a horrible idea to some, or even a lot of you, but I'd also like to see how that would go if such a thing were to ever happen in this lifetime.) Copy Of A and Came Back Haunted also seem very likely to be played.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Now all that's left is to see Nine Inch Nails show up on David Letterman, Howard Stern and/or Opie & Anthony. (I'm also sorry if that's a horrible idea to some, or even a lot of you, but I'd also like to see how that would go if such a thing were to ever happen in this lifetime.) Copy Of A and Came Back Haunted also seem very likely to be played.
    I feel like Trent and Howard Stern could have an interesting conversation. I love Stern's interviews, so having Trent on there would be really cool. I know Howard likes some NIN.

I'm aware Trent has given interviews in the past of a similar nature, but still.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I feel like Trent and Howard Stern could have an interesting conversation. I love Stern's interviews, so having Trent on there would be really cool. I know Howard likes some NIN.
    I'll admit to not listening to Stern in awhile, so I don't see that one going over too well with how Trent's personality is now. This is assuming Stern still pokes and prods, acting like a trolling dick.

If he's changed then color me shocked.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So people still think Trent reznor doesn't have a sense of humor? I'm sure he would be great on Howard.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Stern has been doing a lot more serious in depth interviews with musicians lately. He seems to be taking his music interviews 9999999999 times more seriously than in the past. If he did a sit down with Trent it would be a thousand times more interesting than another interview with that clueless idiot zane lowe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stern actually said he liked the new album-first really positive thing he has said about a NIN album since TDS. But I don't think the interview will ever happen, because TR will not want to revisit the Courtney Love thing. Can't say that I blame him. But yes, it would be one hell of an interview.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    LOL they're using a picture from like a hundred years ago. I cannot understand what is wrong with these media sites that don't seem to be aware of "the google" yet.

Also I am jealous and hate all of you who get to see this.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So people still think Trent reznor doesn't have a sense of humor? I'm sure he would be great on Howard.
    Honestly you can aim that comment on me- I haven't listened to HS in years to be honest, so was wondering if he still had the same schtick (aka shock jock). With that in mind I can see the convo eventually going like this:

HS: So how's it being off drugs?
    TR: Great actually, really opened up my eyes.
    HS: Don't you want some right now though?
    TR: I'm good, thanks though.
    HS: Seriously, I've got some for free right now... :Robin (not Finck) snickers in the background: TR storms out of the room.

I could be completely wrong on how Stern is these days, it's just how I remember him back in the day and the shit got old. If he's grown up a bit fill me in!!!!

<------ should listen to Stern one of these days to find out for self

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    My god who are these emo assholes?
    I think Trent musta lost a bet and had to wear those glasses with a straight face for the whole set.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Honestly you can aim that comment on me- I haven't listened to HS in years to be honest, so was wondering if he still had the same schtick (aka shock jock). With that in mind I can see the convo eventually going like this:

HS: Seriously, I've got some for free right now... :Robin (not Finck) snickers in the background: TR storms out of the room.

I could be completely wrong on how Stern is these days, it's just how I remember him back in the day and the shit got old. If he's grown up a bit fill me in!!!!

He's not like that anymore, he's mellowed out and would probably talk to Trent about the rehab process and whatnot more than poke and prod at it. I've heard him have some really interesting convos that covered some serious topics, and it was pretty damn good. The guy isn't on terrestrial radio anymore so he's lessened the whole shock jock thing and has just decided to not be too over the top.

Hell, Stern even had a good interview with the Insane Clown Posse of all people. I don't really like their music, but that interview made me respect them and what they do, you know?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Looking back on that now, it looks like Trent has a really bad wig.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For some reason, he sort of looks like Jim Jones...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'd wear sunglasses too if I didn't want to make eye contact with a bunch of tweens and emos...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I'd wear sunglasses too if I didn't want to make eye contact with a bunch of tweens and emos...
    You might be right; he might have won a bet and so got to wear them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    isn't this literally the first time NIN has ever done a late night show? and apart from that 2005 UK show, the first time anything like this has happened?

That show aired at 11am on a Saturday. It was a chart show following a kid's TV show.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Interesting. I don't think TR has ever step foot inside of an American "late night" studio or been a guest. Why the change of heart? Obligation, Business or It's just the right time for him?

Either way, he deserves it and has certainty more than earned the spot.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Either way, he deserves it and has certainty more than earned the spot.
    I don't think trent "earned" it.
    I think it was forced into his lap.
    This is kind of a downgrade for them to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Stern hasn't been provocative like that since the early 90s. He reserves the right to ask any question/bring up any topic, but if the guest doesn't want to talk about it, Stern will move on-especially when there is no shortage of stuff to talk about. I guess that you missed the entire Artie saga, when Artie was on the show for several months while hooked on heroin. At times it was very ugly, and it had a very bad ending.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    We need a stern thread to not derail this one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I don't think trent "earned" it.
    I think it was forced into his lap.
    This is kind of a downgrade for them to be honest.
    Playing late night shows is not a "downgrade". The most successful artists do it. Artists far more successful than NIN.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Playing late night shows is not a "downgrade". The most successful artists do it. Artists far more successful than NIN.
    I doubt Metallica, U2, Zeppelin, or Pearl Jam are going to be playing on Jimmy Kimmel.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-29-2013 at 12:11 PM.