Thread: Doctor Who

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, there are now two back-to-back episodes in which memory wiping is brought up. Oh, and bloody Clara's theme turned up near the end of the first one. WHY, Moffat, WHY can't you be fucking done with her? The two Christmas episodes did a good job at leaving her be, but the first episode of Class is proving to be a strong indicator that The Doctor's missing memories of her is going to be a new story arc, rather than The Doctor learning to let go after the events of the last episodes of Whouffaldi: The Series.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Spoiler: First episode reveals that the Doctor's companion is openly gay

I know some people will be over-the-moon-excited about this. Me? I honestly hope it gets treated as "not a big deal," because in real life, it shouldn't be. But I understand that it's a huge change for a 50+ year old show.
    Judging from the first two episodes, it's definitely no big deal. I'm okay with that, like I should be, but I'll probably be flamed for my main reason being something other than how "progressive" it is. That reason, of course, being that it means that The Doctor won't get any romantic tension with Bill, which seems to be the case for about half the revival companions (Donna being the most notable exception).

Side note: the climax of the first episode is another indicator that Moffat just doesn't care about consistency with the classic series, but pretends that he does.
    Spoiler: The scene in question is clearly meant to be set sometime before the events of Destiny Of The Daleks, but yet the Daleks are clearly the modern Daleks instead of the Tom Baker-era Daleks. There should be no excuse for this, as the beginning of the last season showed that almost all Dalek variants are still around.

First episode was slow, second isn't exactly the best. Feels like the season is going to be a bit of a mess, at least in the beginning. Next episode might be interesting, though.

EDIT: Just watched the second episode of Class, which seems to be more interesting than the first two episodes of Season 10.
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 04-24-2017 at 03:44 PM.