Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2013.10.22 - Nashville, TN - Brigestone Arena

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

2013.10.22 - Nashville, TN - Brigestone Arena

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ohhh man we got the good shit tonight! Great show. Anyone up for after dinner Waffle House text me. 770-330-5915

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the show was incredible! in two was a highlight for me. the band sounded great and surprisingly the crowd was awesome too. worth every penny. i was skeptical based off a lot of complaining i've seen from certain people on here. i have no complaints. this show was awesome!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The show was amazing! Robin was extremely "on", in my opinion. The new material sounded great, and it was pretty cool hearing a lot of stuff from The Fragile that I haven't heard live (especially The Day The Whole World Went Away). Though I did discover that at 31 I can't bounce right back up the morning after a NIN concert the way I could 10 or 15 years ago. Sadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was in the front to the left of Trent.

First, Godspeed was great. They were very good for an opening band. Usually that's hard to say but they were.

And absolutely. We got a pretty good catalog in music. The band was in full effect and Reznor was full of energy. Loved the dancing! Anyone there knows what I'm talking about! haha

Our setlist was:

Copy of A
    Terrible Lie
    March Of Pigs
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way
    Sanctified
    Satellite
    The Big Come Down
    In Two
    Survivialism
    Running
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    Wish
    The Hand That Feeds
    HLAH
    The Day The World Went Away
    Even Deeper
    While I'm Still Here
    Hurt

We got spoiled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You left out "Piggy" and "All Time Low."

It was great! The highlights for me were "Sanctified," "In Two," and "Somewhat Damaged." They should remain staples. The sound was incredible for the most part. "Somewhat Damaged" sounded ridiculously heavy!
    The only time I can complain was the sound of Pino's fretless during "Sanctified." It was extremely muddy and not clear at all. It makes sense since the bass tone and technique on that song is a lot different than the rest. But they eventually found a way to make it sound better after a minute or two.

I was really missing "The Frail / The Wretched" so I hope to see it at Voodoofest.

I've never been a huge fan of THTF but it is sounding great! Also, same with "Survivalism," never been much of a fan but they had a part in the middle there that was weirdly powerful.

Beyond the new hanging lights, this was definitely not much more impressive than some of the stuff on LITS. More like Lite in the Sky tour haha jk.
    I was kinda confused about how the screen kept going up and down with the song order selection. I mean, its cool to be able to go back and forth but I feel like the choice of songs with the screen should be together. I would really like for there to be a definitive section of the set where the visuals and songs are tied together similar to the With Teeth arena tour, Fragility, Self Destruct. Instead its just a scattered order with cool and state of the art visuals but none of the previous interaction like before. I miss a section like they had with the Ghosts stuff. I also think that the insanely great visuals for "Running" could be used for another song in the NIN catalog than that song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    BTW, for the first 5 songs, I had to deal with "stereotypical older lady poser fan" in front of me dancing awkwardly as some sort of courtship act with the younger gentlemen who changed seats right before the set started. By doing so, the guy completely obstructed the view of my friend sitting next to me so we moved. But seriously, her dance moves were basically pantomiming moves explaining the lyrics. It was awful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow! This might be my favorite NIN show and touring lineup! I've seen the band 6 or 7 times over the past eight years and the visuals combined with the setlist choices made this night really special. That and I was the third person in line! My friend and I got to the venue at 10am. One guy who bought presale tix was ahead of us (and I assume his girlfriend? who showed up later) and another guy who had general admission tix was also waiting in line (which seemed sort of pointless if you ask me). I made it dead center on the rail! Favorite songs of the night: Somewhat Damaged (!!!), Even Deeper (backup singers killed it on this one), Disappointed (those visuals!), The Big Comedown (the Fragile is my favorite album so duh!), Running (I have a new appreciation for this track after seeing it live), and Find My Way hit me hard for some reason. One of the best shows of my life!

I didn't take too many pics because I wanted to enjoy the show. Here are two of the best I took...

http://i43.tinypic.com/25p6045.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/5oyqhj.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Excellent show. Crowd was wilder than I expected. Especially one particularly nasty piece of work toward the end. Got my rail spot just off center, as I had wanted. I like Godspeed, so that was a nice addition to the whole experience, for me. Setlist was good. I know, I always want more, so I should just bite my tongue. I got my one full show I'll get this time around, and I should be okay with it. But I was dumb enough to look at the setlists of other shows, so I know there were 3 songs that could have been played and I'd have found it even better. But I did get Even Deeper, and it was excellent. I love what the singers do with it. Love it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    which 3 songs?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well, this was my third and final round in the Fall Tension Tour.

Considering I decided to spend the first two shows in St. Louis and Cleveland on the floor, I opted for seating on this one so I could really take in the visuals, and wow were they spectacular.

In a sick twisted way though, I did miss being drenched in hundreds of other people's sweat.

Glad I avoided spoilers from the previous shows. Was beyond ecstatic to see "In Two," "The Big Come Down," and "The Day The World Went Away." The backup singers were especially awesome for TBCD.

Side note: GY!BE were outstanding. Best opener I've seen for NIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Wow! This might be my favorite NIN show and touring lineup! I've seen the band 6 or 7 times over the past eight years and the visuals combined with the setlist choices made this night really special. That and I was the third person in line! My friend and I got to the venue at 10am. One guy who bought presale tix was ahead of us (and I assume his girlfriend? who showed up later) and another guy who had general admission tix was also waiting in line (which seemed sort of pointless if you ask me). I made it dead center on the rail! Favorite songs of the night: Somewhat Damaged (!!!), Even Deeper (backup singers killed it on this one), Disappointed (those visuals!), The Big Comedown (the Fragile is my favorite album so duh!), Running (I have a new appreciation for this track after seeing it live), and Find My Way hit me hard for some reason. One of the best shows of my life!

I didn't take too many pics because I wanted to enjoy the show. Here are two of the best I took...

http://i43.tinypic.com/25p6045.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/5oyqhj.jpg
    I was pretty much right behind you. Got some decent pics, and some of the best video I've ever shot a show-sound came out amazing. Ended up moving back in the crowd after first hour. Couldn't handle getting smashed, I'm a little dude and was able to enjoy the show a little better. Spent my days in the pits back in the 90's, too old for this shit now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First vid upped to YouTube.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is weird but...Reynolds is also my last name? Are we related?! lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    which 3 songs?
    Into the Void, VMOE, In This Twilight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    This is weird but...Reynolds is also my last name? Are we related?! lol
    Depends on where you're from? Doubtful though, unless you have family from Illinois. I live in KY.

Here's the link to Copy of A