Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Titanfall

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This game got stale within the first few hours I played it. I'm just glad I got a decent deal with the trade in.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewHa View Post
    This game got stale within the first few hours I played it. I'm just glad I got a decent deal with the trade in.
    Why? No zombie mode? Or a bunch of shit meta content ?

Gameplay bro, that's why we play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Very nice. Lets see how the 8v8 pilot skirmish goes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    How the hell is this game still so fucking fun, jesus. The thought that went in to the balancing of everything is bonkers.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Free Update 8 incoming!

- Frontier Defense mode. Basically Horde Mode from Gears, 4 player co-op vs. waves upon waves of enemies, defending a certain machine on the map. Sentry turrets, 5 waves per round. Matchmaking mode, i.e. you can search for a certain map to play and it'll team you up with others.
    - Marked For Death Pro. Marked For Death but as soon as the marked person is killed, a new round starts. Once you die, you wait until the next round as well.
    - Deadly Round. The entire ground of the map is filled with electrified smoke. Only on certain maps.
    - Ability to bypass a Regen challenge with currency in the Black Market (buy your way past a challenge).
    - Ranked Play. A new way to 'level up', you have a rank chip and earn points towards a medal (bronze, silver, gold, etc) so you can progress that way. For example, you can be a Gold rank in headshots, capturing a flag, defending a hardpoint, etc.
    - Full screen mini-map.
    - Private match burn card sets.
    - New onboard Titan voices and languages.
    - A slew of tweaks to pricing, bugs, etc. etc.

Full notes.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Free Update 8 incoming!

- Frontier Defense mode. Basically Horde Mode from Gears, 4 player co-op vs. waves upon waves of enemies, defending a certain machine on the map. Sentry turrets, 5 waves per round. Matchmaking mode, i.e. you can search for a certain map to play and it'll team you up with others.
    - Marked For Death Pro. Marked For Death but as soon as the marked person is killed, a new round starts. Once you die, you wait until the next round as well.
    - Deadly Round. The entire ground of the map is filled with electrified smoke. Only on certain maps.
    - Ability to bypass a Regen challenge with currency in the Black Market (buy your way past a challenge).
    - Ranked Play. A new way to 'level up', you have a rank chip and earn points towards a medal (bronze, silver, gold, etc) so you can progress that way. For example, you can be a Gold rank in headshots, capturing a flag, defending a hardpoint, etc.
    - Full screen mini-map.
    - Private match burn card sets.
    - New onboard Titan voices and languages.
    - A slew of tweaks to pricing, bugs, etc. etc.

Full notes.
    that's a serious update. sigh, my adjustment period to come back to this is going to suck, i'm going to suck.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Season pass is free in Xbox one

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Season pass is free in Xbox one
    Sure is, glad I never bought it even when it hit low $6.25 prices.

Looks like I'll have to re-download the game sometime.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm still playing this, religiously. Love this game. It's now in my top FPS console games of all time. The community is still very alive and the core good players (all which reside in CTF) have risen to an insane level. The skill gap is enormous.

If TF2 fixes some of it's issues, updates the graphics, adds the meta junk casual gamers love this game is going to shit on everything

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I'm still playing this, religiously. Love this game. It's now in my top FPS console games of all time. The community is still very alive and the core good players (all which reside in CTF) have risen to an insane level. The skill gap is enormous.

If TF2 fixes some of it's issues, updates the graphics, adds the meta junk casual gamers love this game is going to shit on everything
    The sad thing is that it took 6-8 months for the game to reach the status it should have on release.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The sad thing is that it took 6-8 months for the game to reach the status it should have on release.
    Given the size of the dev team and all the crazy shit they had to go through i'm going to excuse it. That and the fact that what they created, in my opinion, is one of the best FPS games ever.
    "
    People just have to give it a chance. The learning curve is HUGE. It's funny listening to people that talk about how "nonskill" based the game is lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hell yes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A blurry image from the official Titanfall 2 site apparently shows a wall-running Titan which is interesting. Also apparently the game will drop before the end of this year...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tech test thus far is hella fun. A lot of the same, but more customization for pilots and titans. New titans are pretty rad. So far it plays just as smoothly, but now the screen seems a lot...busier. There's more to keep track of which of course will become second nature in time, but it's noticeable. Love it thus far.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow changes have already been made based on player feedback. It's refreshing to see things like the titan meter passively filling brought back. Respawn out and out saying 'We tried this change. Your idea is better. It's changed now.'

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Old I know but i just got this on the cheap recently (2) and I gotta say it was a pretty fun game. May even play through it again for shits at some point.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Saw this thread had a comment and suddenly thought TF3 was teased...i am disappoint

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If you've been on the fence about Titanfall 2 and have a PS4 now is the time to jump in, it's next months PS+ game!

This means they'll be a load of new people to play online and i CANNOT WAIT!