Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2013.10.18 Washington DC @ Verizon Center

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2013.10.18 Washington DC @ Verizon Center

I'm posting because I was there and it was fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Copy of A
    Terrible Lie
    March of The Pigs
    Piggy
    All Time Low
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way
    Various Methods of Escape
    Satellite
    The Big Come down
    Survivalism
    Running
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    Wish
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like A Hole
    The Day The World Went Away
    Even Deeper
    While I'm Still Here
    Black Noise
    Hurt

My first show. I finally feel like I belong on this site.
    Last edited by Iran_Ed; 10-19-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My only show for this tour, and it was a good one! After 17 shows over 13 years, I finally saw Even Deeper live! The backup singers really added to it as well. That and probably the best version of TDTWWA I've ever heard (Pino's bass after the verse really added to it). I would have liked to have heard In Two or Into The Void, but honestly, hearing Even Deeper made it for me.

After all the talk from TR about wanting to do something different with the live band, I have to say when I saw the festival show in Philly, it just felt like the same old NIN doing the same old thing. But this show did feel different, different energy and vibe, so now I know what he was talking about.
    Last edited by trollmanen; 10-19-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Dat shit was dope.
    I'd post more but I'm on a bus back to Philly and its bumpy and annoying and there's a baby crying.

Photos an videos and that shit on the instagramz, name is the_wretched (can't link well on my phone).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At first when I heard there would be back up singers I was not sure how that would go but it was fantastic. I agree with Trollmanen that TDTWWA was great. Seeing the new songs performed live made me like them more (I have not really listened to the new album in dept yet. Bad fan.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really glad to see corroboration of my thought that "A Warm Place" was played. It wasn't, like, complete, though, in length or in instrumentation, and when "Somewhat Damaged" started, i though "ok, so did they REALLY do "A Warm Place", or was that just some weird interlude with the exact same chord structure?"

Did anyone else think this tour has the best stage/lighting design so far? for LITS, everyone was all "THE STAGE IS AMAZING" and it was pretty cool, but... several moments at this show literally took my breath away. Most of the pictures i took at the show are zoomed out to show the whole stage because trying to get close-ups would lose so much.

I was happy that they played "all time low" because it's my favorite off of HM, and i like it because it reminds me of "the big comedown", so i was amused that they also played that!
    Last edited by Octavia; 10-20-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: left out words and sounded derpy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone else notice the filming they were doing during DC? I didn't see it every song, but I know I remember it for Various Methods, A Warm Place, and Head Like A Hole. For a possible blu-ray release in the future, maybe?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I only saw one videographer and one photographer (who also seemed to be doing a bit of video). Unless you saw more staff, that seems more appropriate for a Live Nation/Moment Factory/nin.com exclusive than a commercial video release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am pretty sure they were filming for the vevo tour documentary.

http://instagram.com/p/fo3rEoQuit/#

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was my first show of this tour and I was dually impressed. Having done my best to avoid spoilers, I was completely surprised by the level of production. I did not think I would ever see another show that would rival LITS and this one clearly did. I was on the rail, way over on the left, so I missed some aspects of the light show (could hear the oooohs and ahhhhhhs from the arena) but still really loved what I saw.

Had some pre-show worries because of some wristband number flip-flopping, but it went pretty smoothly getting in. I've said it before, and will probably say it for the rest of my life --- I HATED Godspeed. Couldn't have hated them any more, unless they played that pre-set bass drone an additional/unnecessary 10 minutes (why?!?!?!). I was impressed with the current NIN incarnation, movement less Pino and controversial backup singers included.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This was a fun stop for me (aside from getting my bearings with street parking) seeing old tour pals and being in walking distance to a lot of cool shite. I had great barricade buddies and rocked the fuck out with one of my favorite set lists for the tour. My only complaint would be with the venue's signage in terms of exits, merchandise, and escalators toward a particular level (it was kinda like a maze after the show).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I still get a big, stupid grin on my face every time I think about it. It was the second time I've seen them (first time was the With Teeth show at the same venue), and it was beyond amazing.

I'm not ashamed to say I cried like a bitch at the end of Hurt.