Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fear Factory

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Fear Factory

New album in spring: The Industrialist. Hopefully better than the disappointment that was Mechanize.
    http://www.theprp.com/2012/01/30/new...t-this-spring/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    De/Remanufacture and Obsolete are a couple of my favorite metal albums of all time. It's good to see they are still around but anything after obsolete kinda fell flat for me. Some good songs here and their but nothing that really grabbed me. It would be cool to see them again though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Mechanize was awesome

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    To each his/her own, but I hated it. Seemed as though in the quest to be heavy at all costs FF sacrificed their winning interplay between riff, groove, and subtle electronica, coming up with an album that sounded like any random 2011 metal release. Hopefully here they go back to what made FF great (Demanufacture-through-Digimortal era). The obvious solution of course would be to invite Herrera and Wolbers back in the band.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Haven't liked a single thing since Obsolete, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    IMO, Mechanize is the best thing to come since Obsolete. Mechanize had a lot of balls. Lots of energy. I thought it was great. Especially considering how skeptical I was originally was after the fact that Burton decided to do some spring cleaning. But I ended being pleasantly surprised.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Plus I love Gene Hoglan and he dominates on that album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    New album in spring: The Industrialist. Hopefully better than the disappointment that was Mechanize.
    http://www.theprp.com/2012/01/30/new...t-this-spring/
    But....I dug Mechanize.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Obsolete is the best. Edgecrusher....hell yes.

As for other endeavors, albums since have been decent and in the true Fear Factory spirit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love all of their albums, minus a few songs here and there. Looking forward to this one, of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    so, the industrialist is pretty solid. there seems to be a lot of negativity towards the programmed drums, but it sounds good to me and makes sense for this band. there have also been a lot of negative comments about how it sounds too much like demanufacture, which i figured people would love. anyway, would anyone have a copy of the obsolete demos they could send my way? i deleted them by accident and i can't find them anywhere.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    New album is kicking my ass. It might be my favourite FF album...ever. The production is awesome and the guitars shred.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's good, but stop trolling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    New album comes out in a few weeks and this thread is buried...

Really looking forward to this record. There honestly hasn't been an album that this band has released that I didn't like. Even Transgression had its moments.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Plus I love Gene Hoglan and he dominates on that album.
    Gene kills it. That guy plays drums like a machine does.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    the three songs released so far sound great. really looking forward to the new album!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    it's leaked...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It's OK after 2 listens. Gotta really sit down with it though. Burton sounds great as usual, doesn't feel forced like the last one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Extreme bump but I'm in a FF kinda mood today.

I'm of the opinion Mechanize is their second best album behind Demanufacture (obviously)

I love Obsolete, and there are parts of Digimortal/Archetype/Transgression I thoroughly enjoy.

The Industrialist didn't quite grab me and neither did Genexus (though I enjoy Dielectric for how it reminds me of the Obsolete era sound a bit). Also haven't listened to either since they came out so I'm gonna check them out again soon.

I was never a fan of anything pre-Demanufacture but perhaps it's time to revist that era and see what I'm missing. Haven't tried any of it since the mid 00s.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Damn I didnt even know we had a FF thread. Used to love these guys, only saw them once, opening for Slipknot on my 21st birthday. What a treat and a MASSIVE old-school swirling circle pit. Last time I moshed and what a band to do it to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love me some FF. I was just listening to Obsolete the other day.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    There have been so many times I've tried to get into FF, they just don't do anything for me. It's odd because they're style is really right up my alley.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Their show in Montreal on the Obsolete tour was my very first concert ever.

I hate to say it though, but they're one band I fear I've kind of moved away from ever since high school. Their releases are a courtesy purchase from me, that I very, very seldom revisit. I think the only song that really stood out to me over the last few albums was God Eater off Machinist. Not to say they've become bad or anything necessarily, but I'm just into different stuff these days. Zero Signal is an eternal jam though

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fear Factory was near and dear to my heart when I was a teen.

Now, i only own three of their releases:

1. Soul of a New Machine top shelf edition 2CD with Fear is the Mindkiller as disk 2
    2. Demanufacture top shelf edition 2CD with Remanufacture as disk 2 and bonus tracks on both
    3. Obsolete digipack with bonus tracks

That about covers the essentials. I’ve seen them live quite a few times, usually a great show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm a fan of every album Dino participated in, I'll put it that way.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've always thought of Digimortal being the closest they've come to revisiting some aspects of Demanufacture to like how I see Holy Wood to Antichrist Superstar. Of course, the older albums are still heavier altogether, but some elements seem to be very similar.

However, Demanufacture and Obsolete seem to be the most evenly matched in terms of popularity, success and heaviness/aggression combined with speed.

I have also drifted from Fear Factory since Transgression, but thought at the very least to give Mechanize and Genexus a chance. And not that I have anything against The Industrialist either, but as a whole, those two other albums clicked with me a bit faster.

I have also often wondered about Trent's opinion on Fear Factory, but it was still at least cool to know that Burton C. Bell and Dino Cazares are Nine Inch Nails fans themselves. (I'm just saying, since I could easily/obviously picture the man who wrote Broken and The Downward Spiral rocking out to Demanufacture and Obsolete.)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ironic, I just recently redownloaded their whole discog and improved my old 128kbps AAC files, and have been diving into them pretty hard again.

I first discovered FF in 98, Obsolete was my first of theirs (and still my favorite). They headlined the first concert that I ever went to the next year, playing a local music fest that combined FF's tour and Coal Chamber's Livin La Vida Loco tour into one day long festival. It was the shit. Got really hard into FF again when Archtype came out (my second favorite of theirs) and saw them a whole bunch of that tour cycle for Archetype and Transgression. I remember seeing them and Chimaira opening for Slipknot when Subliminal Verses had just come out and goddamn that show rocked my dome. Then honestly, I dropped out and didn't listen to any of the three albums after that. I will say, they're pretty good, but Raymond and Christian are missed quite a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Burton C. Bell has quit the band.
    https://metalinjection.net/news/brea...s-fear-factory

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    for now...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Well, it's good to hear his vocals will be on the next album, anyway.

It'll probably be the last one I pick up, assuming it isn't the last; I don't think you can have FF without Burton.