Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Damn, this is even tastier than "Headstand"!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm avoiding these. Listened to the first minute of Headstand, but that's it. Loved what I heard. "In the future...." is my second favorite Failure album, so really looking forward to this.
    Love reading the early thoughts though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Damn, this is even tastier than "Headstand"!
    I think I may dig it more, too. The main riff gives me a bit of a Led Zeppelin meets Quicksand vibe.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New podcast interview with Greg and Ken:

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episode...olux-interview

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This new stuff slaps so far. I don't think these gentlemen are capable of putting out a bad record.

It's great to see them killing it so hard in their second act. It's not so often bands can come back after splitting/a hiatus and continue to uphold the same (or even better) quality.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    New podcast interview with Greg and Ken:

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episode...olux-interview

That Greg Edwards interview from the vinyl guide is by far the most in depth piece on him ever done. That was a great listen, thanks. Still waiting on his solo album. His songs were always my favorite of the Autolux songs so i was pretty happy when he started singing on Failure songs fairly recently.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The album is out! The album is out!

They've also added the remixed/remastered versions of the first three records, and Fantastic Planet Live, to their Bandcamp page. Go grab it all!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Damn this album is GREAT! Bold statement here but "Bring Back The Sound" almost sounds like a Mastodon outtake.

Hate that I missed the colored vinyl pre-orders but don't hate that I didnt have to pay $50 for it. yikes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am still waiting on my download link from when i bought the vinyl. Has anyone successfully made that work? Hello merch site says there was a delay with your digital downloads.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting on the download link too... I'm tired of ordering vinyl from band's main store pages and either getting the downloads days after the release or not until the vinyl arrives. I need to make it a habit to just buy from Bandcamp now because they always have the downloads immediately.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    They've also added the remixed/remastered versions of the first three records, and Fantastic Planet Live, to their Bandcamp page. Go grab it all!
    Holy shit! Thanks for the heads up!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The new album is outstanding. It's hard to pick a favorite track because every time a new track starts, I'm like "Oh, yeah! THIS song!"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just bought this of hellomerch and got the download right away, it's in 24-48 too which is pretty neat.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    That Greg Edwards interview from the vinyl guide is by far the most in depth piece on him ever done. That was a great listen, thanks. Still waiting on his solo album. His songs were always my favorite of the Autolux songs so i was pretty happy when he started singing on Failure songs fairly recently.
    Another in depth podcast interview with Greg: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1YI...Rqyn4gim8pMBBg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    I am still waiting on my download link from when i bought the vinyl. Has anyone successfully made that work? Hello merch site says there was a delay with your digital downloads.

I am in the same boat. Sent an email to hellomerch with no response. Anyone had luck getting their downloads that preordered the vinyl?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The new record also comes in 24/48 FLAC from Bandcamp, which I purchased. In a completely unrelated sentence, if you pre-ordered it from Hello and don't have the files yet... just PM me.
    Last edited by botley; 12-05-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New interview with Kellii Scott:

http://bigtakeover.com/interviews/In...iiScottFailure

Tour and documentary happening next year.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Tickets go on sale next Tuesday.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    That's a really extensive list of cities to not have SLC on it... Fuck.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Preview for the documentary.

Last edited by virushopper; 03-31-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Looks like a fun watch but shocked that it isn't coming out until next year -- from the quite long trailer, it looks like they already have the overall structure of the film put together. And the fact that the trailer has so many post-production elements in place (lower thirds, color, etc) ... seems like "why another 9 months (at a minimum)?"

Oh well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    fuck, let's play some more of that droid music now, such a good album

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Looks like a fun watch but shocked that it isn't coming out until next year -- from the quite long trailer, it looks like they already have the overall structure of the film put together. And the fact that the trailer has so many post-production elements in place (lower thirds, color, etc) ... seems like "why another 9 months (at a minimum)?"

Oh well.
    Ken said in an interview/podcast that they want to record some live footage from this upcoming tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Probably gonna wanna shop it around streaming platforms too. Also affords them time to get something pressed in vinyl in conjunction.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Trailer for upcoming livestream:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I know they're going to release this on blu-ray down the road though they say they have no plans to do so, so the question is if I'm willing to buy it twice.
    Once with shittier video and lossy audio (and for $20), and another one with some kind of extras or as a bonus feature with their documentary blu-ray.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Trailer for upcoming livestream:

Now available on BluRay/DVD: https://www.hellomerch.com/collectio...ns-blu-ray-dvd