Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://www.theprp.com/2015/01/17/new...or-next-album/

Looks like a new version of "Petting the Carpet" has been recorded.

I love the song, but not sure about the idea of an old outtake being on the new album. Would be cooler if it was released as a digital bonus track or something. I think somebody mentioned they had said they were considering recording "I See Houses" also, which would be badass.

Also, that Lisa girl who works with the band on their pledge site said recently on there that "The Focus" and "Come Crashing" will likely be on the album.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Very awesome interview, thanks for posting! Glad to hear the album is going to be a long one

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cannot fucking wait for this. I keep thinking i should pay to have my sons name in the album. That would be really cool to show him when he is older (he is 1). The signed copy will have to do.

Failure is the sound of high school to me. Seeing that nice live EL REY reunion video for the first time....the build up and open with 'another space song'.....i got choked up. What a band and what a way to re introduce youself. Wouldve killed to have been there.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 01-29-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There's a good shot of the studio blackboard checklist in the new pledge update, some of the new songs are called "snow angel", "big trash", "atom city queen" and something "amnesia" It's lookin good! Glad to see Greg taking on some bass duties in the photos also, I love his style of playing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Greg is fucking awesome. I love autolux too. Wouldve loved to see him play the joerdie/JMJ/eustis roll (bass/guitars/keys/backing vox duties) with nin live at some point in thier career.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I still haven't pledged! I'll probably end up going for the t-shirt option since I'm broke. I wonder if they'll add more meet & greets when the next tour is booked... that would be worth shelling out for methinks.

One of the only things I'm really hoping for on the new album is more stuff akin to "Solaris 2014" where Ken and Greg shared lead vocals: the overlapping vocal melodies toward the end of the original version are already so good to begin with - but with Ken taking one part and Greg taking the other, it elevated the song to a whole new level. Their singing voices are both so distinct, and in my opinion, happen to sound great together. More of that please!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    it was a pleasant surprise to see Greg do vocals.

i remember reading some things post break up on Greg's end was complaining about Ken's singing. i don't think it's a real gripe on his end now, but maybe ken is more open to greg singing the lyrics he actually wrote.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, I remember that. I think it was back in 2000 in a magazine interview (an article about the ON album, which had just come out) that he felt FP had an emotional hole in it because Ken was singing the vocals to lyrics that he wrote, and Ken didn't understand where he was really coming from with the lyrics or something like that. I think he also said they had a lot of huge arguments over the lyrics back then. I hope Greg does some lead vox on the album too. He sang lead on a few songs on the last Autolux album so maybe itll happen. I also hope on the album we see Ken doing more of the slightly more aggressive style he did on the tour last year on a few songs. Also:

http://www.theprp.com/2015/02/03/new...ack-new-album/

I Can See Houses. Yes!! I'm curious how these '91 era songs will fit on the album. If they do go on the new album, that is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for turning me onto that podcast. Now have a large backlog of episodes to get through!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This Pro Tools video starring Ken, JMJ, Char Mar, and Mat Mitchell is a dream. I'm not a gearhead in any real way, but watching these musicians (all of whom I love) re-create & update a song from one of fav albums is just too cool.

Listen to the end result here:

https://soundcloud.com/avid/what-its-like-2014

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That was a damn good interview. I really loved reading Greg's explanation of the concept of FP and where the new album is going thematically with identity loss and self-amnesia. My wife has been struggling very much with that same thing since early last year so it's a concept that really hits home in my life lately.

On a side note, last night I happened to fall asleep watching the Tarkovsky film "The Sacrifice" on Netflix and noticed that the same subject of identity loss is one of the big focuses of the film. Ironically, or maybe not, one of the pieces of dialogue in the beginning is pretty much exactly what Greg was talking about in the interview. It's also the source of the "words words words" sample from the song "Solaris", and I got to wondering if "The Sacrifice" is possibly a muse for the new album in the same way that the "Solaris" and "Fantastic Planet" films were huge inspirations for the FP album.

I'm so fucking excited for this album, it's going to be unreal. And if they're 10 songs in at this point chances are probably good for a release before fall. Also, had no idea this was reissued on vinyl. Pretty sure it is a limited press run so I grabbed a copy right away:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wonder what happened to autolux #3 now... soon to be?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I wonder what happened to autolux #3 now... soon to be?
    It'd be badass if it came out the same time as the failure album and they just toured together.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Reports from the band's SXSW show last night indicate the new album is called "the heart is a monster", here's the live debut of "hot traveler":

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That new song sounds amazingggggg

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Must...pre-order...more...copies...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Double post - YOU CAN ORDER FANTASTIC PLANET ON VINYL NOW. Spoilers: Spoiler: It's 99 fucking dollars.

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/failure

I'm glad that this is coming directly from the band, though - not another random unofficial repressing like with Magnified.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Wow $99?! I bought it for $30 something when it was reissued a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow $99?! I bought it for $30 something when it was reissued a couple of years ago.
    Was that version 180 gram? I bought one back then for $30 also and its still unplayed and packed away in a box in my house as I don't have a hi-fi set up. Just wanted it to have it. Someday I'll have a decent stereo and it'll make sweet love with a nice expensive needle. Someday.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Was that version 180 gram? I bought one back then for $30 also and its still unplayed and packed away in a box in my house as I don't have a hi-fi set up. Just wanted it to have it. Someday I'll have a decent stereo and it'll make sweet love with a nice expensive needle. Someday.
    Yeah that one. I mainly run my record player to an headphone amp for listening. Can't have speakers in my apartment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Or you could sell it on Ebay for about $500, buy two of the autographed ones the band is selling for $99, and have yourself $300.

Not to mention a sealed, signed copy of Fantastic Planet that will be worth about $1,000 a year from now..

I would love that, but my stupid ethical standards are in the way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    wait, that video update is the EPK from when the vinyl was released back in 2010. So what's new exactly with this version?
    Last edited by dvdglss; 03-26-2015 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    wait, that video update is the EPK from when the vinyl was released back in 2010. So what's new exactly with this version?
    Not much, other than this 180 gram version is clear, and there is a 120 gram version also available.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I absolutely can't wait to hear it, gonna try my hardest to hold out until I have the album in my hands though! Really hoping they announce a release date in the next week or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic. I suffered through A LOT of shitty nu/core/screamo or whatever they call it nowadays to hear it on bbc last night. So worth it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    man...

this song is so..... FAILURE... more than come crashing or the focus. I love it!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Album title and release date revealed!!!

The Heart Is A Monster is out on June 30th!! 18 fucking songs!!!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fai...album-in-june/