Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Kelli is usually very fan-friendly on social media. Greg often is, too. Hopefully one or both will confirm this is new material being recorded..
    Most likely is. I heard Kelli on a podcast about a month ago, he said they were 3-4 songs in to their new record.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    NRG Studios has good karma...and a Neve console for Ken to noodle around with. High hopes for this! Was listening to Atom City Queen the other night. What a great song that is.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    https://instagram.com/p/BULLSSKDyuG/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    https://instagram.com/p/BULLSSKDyuG/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    good old jazzmaster in action

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This song would have fit in nicely on The Heart Is a Monster. Not familiar with Mossbreaker, but every aspect of the arrangement, the song structure, and the melody is straight Ken Andrews. Do they always shamelessly rip him off, or only when Ken is making a guest appearance? Sort or reminds me of the First Wave Hello material from 2007.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    This song would have fit in nicely on The Heart Is a Monster. Not familiar with Mossbreaker, but every aspect of the arrangement, the song structure, and the melody is straight Ken Andrews. Do they always shamelessly rip him off, or only when Ken is making a guest appearance? Sort or reminds me of the First Wave Hello material from 2007.
    I always loved First Wave Hello, reminded me of a mix of Shiner and Self. Felt like they called it quits before they reached their full potential.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the mossbreaker singer and ken are close friends it seems, they worked together producing and the guy is/was failure's guitar tech, so i'd say both camps seem fine with the rip off. The music is actually quite good indeed, I'd say good enough to tie us up until new failure shows up. They have a bandcamp and the album is streaming there for those interested.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Recent podcast with Ken Andrews.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Somethings cooking...

https://instagram.com/p/BfY1B75gPjp/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/failure-lp5

https://failurebandmerch.com/

The new Failure album will be released across 4 digital EPs, which will be combined for 1 vinyl release at a later time.

The first EP "In the Future" will be released March 31 for $5. There are also bundles to buy all the EPs for cheaper.

1. Dark Speed
    2. Paralytic Flow
    3. Pennies
    4. Segue 10

LOL good timing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Only 30k for a private concert!! Fuck, doing it...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    PURE PURE tears of joy... love that these guys are following up with more.

was so great to see them live with Troy one last time too...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so that's actually 2 new songs, a segue and the recycled pennies demo, still looking forward to this!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Interesting to note that it does appear they will be touring this year, as well!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Interesting to note that it does appear they will be touring this year, as well!
    Who is forking out that 30K?!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Only 30k for a private concert!! Fuck, doing it...
    Can I come?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    30k is so aggressive on their part. I’ve seen them in off markets where the draw was under 100 people (and face value was like 30 bucks). I have a large contingent of Failure friends and we were talking about renting out Johnny Brenda’s in Philly and trying to get 50 people to drop like 700 each. But at that point, is it even worth it?

If the ask was more reasonable (like 10k), I would totally do it and host in my living room. But 30k is way optimistic. Shit, I almost rented Travis Meeks back in the 2000’s for like 3g’s. And technically his commercial high water mark was higher than Failure. Granted, he probably would have stolen my furniture and definitely my narcotics.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    perhaps their rate is so high due to their "artists artists" label?

i dunno talking out my ass there, but it would be a fun idea to have them play a private show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    so that's actually 2 new songs, a segue and the recycled pennies demo, still looking forward to this!
    Dont forget the extremely forgettable album art! Meh. But again, still VERY MUCH looking forward to this and will be more than happy to give this band my money again.

If you would've asked me 10 years ago if I thought I'd see Failure coming back into the music scene, I probably would've thought you were insane. It makes me happy seeing that not only has their fan base more or less come back full-force to support them, but by now, shit - they're such a busy bunch that it's like they never stopped in the first place.

30k is so aggressive on their part. I’ve seen them in off markets where the draw was under 100 people (and face value was like 30 bucks). I have a large contingent of Failure friends and we were talking about renting out Johnny Brenda’s in Philly and trying to get 50 people to drop like 700 each. But at that point, is it even worth it?

If the ask was more reasonable (like 10k), I would totally do it and host in my living room. But 30k is way optimistic. Shit, I almost rented Travis Meeks back in the 2000’s for like 3g’s. And technically his commercial high water mark was higher than Failure. Granted, he probably would have stolen my furniture and definitely my narcotics.
    Agreed - regarding the price tag. But just throwing this out there: If plans go underway, I'd absolutely be willing to make a trip from Kansas to that show and pay a share of whatever. I've ALWAYS wanted to do something similar and I feel like it would be a special enough experience to justify the cost. It would all come down to timing and whatnot of course, but definitely keep us posted and I'd think at least one or two of us would interested. The more people you can get, the less we'd individually pay. But fronting 30 g's? Oof. It'd take a braver soul than I to initiate that risk.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Interesting that they are still reworking old stuff like Pennies, I Can See Houses, Petting The Carpet.

I'd absolutely love a Golden rework somewhere along the line, that song is great.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sweeeeeeeet! I love this band, and they’ve definitely still “got it.” The Heart is a Monster was outstanding, and the last tour was, for lack of a better word: “fantastic.”

I pre-ordered the signed double LP. I kind of want the lithograph, too, but I’m running out of wall space (and I’ve already got a signed tour poster from the last time they were in Phoenix).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    EP one is called “in the future”

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Can't wait! Pre-ordered the vinyl and will be anxious to check out each EP as it comes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I only know because it looks likes Spotify has leaked artwork as the band photo... little weird.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What are the odds of the pledgers getting the EP early? Ready to hear the new version of Pennies.