Just found this:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    http://clrvynt.com/failure-fantastic...h-anniversary/

No Troy on this tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Went to the opening night of the tour. Great show by the guys, I finally know who plays what on certain songs. Haha.

Random tidbits:
    -There were no speakers on stage so hearing "Wet Gravity" without feedback is weird.
    -If you're going to these shows please know there is no opening act. Instead there is video movie clip montage that will lead into the show. Almost the same clips from the reunion shows but some new ones as well.
    -The song "Solaris" has a great extension opening jam.
    -I can see why "Leo" is hardly played live. It didn't translate that well live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info, sad I won't make it to any dates on the tour.

I hope they're planning on getting into writing mode again next year. Fan Plan will likely always be in my top 3 albums ever, but I'm over the nostalgia surrounding it. Keep moving foward, gentlemen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Went to the opening night of the tour. Great show by the guys, I finally know who plays what on certain songs. Haha.

Random tidbits:
    -There were no speakers on stage so hearing "Wet Gravity" without feedback is weird.
    -If you're going to these shows please know there is no opening act. Instead there is video movie clip montage that will lead into the show. Almost the same clips from the reunion shows but some new ones as well.
    -The song "Solaris" has a great extension opening jam.
    So what was played after Fantastic planet besides wet gravity? I would love me a little AM Amnesia.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    So what was played after Fantastic planet besides wet gravity? I would love me a little AM Amnesia.
    Mulholland Drive and Screen Man.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Nice to see Mulholland Drive getting so much love from the band; that's one of my favorite songs they've ever done..

Screen Man I could live without. Undone and/or Frogs would be preferable though

Blasphemy! Screen Man is essential Comfort-era, along with Muffled Snaps and Macaque.

The BEST song from that era I actually always thought was "Golden" (that bass intro and drop into the chorus, fuck yeah. also really great early lyrics by greg). It would be really cool if they would throw some of those outtakes into the live shows. "Shrine", "Untitled" and "Wake Up" would also be rad to hear played live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't really care much for Comfort, tbh. To me, they weren't the Failure we know and love until Magnified was released. If I recall, they played Screen Man at their Amoeba in-store session last year and the audience acted like they were sedated.

I mean, to each their own though. Hopefully when you get to see them, they're still playing it. One snoozer in a setlist of certified gems isn't going to keep me away or anything..

Cheers! I think Albini probably wasn't the best fit for producing that record, and I think the band has said that as well if I'm not mistaken, but he did lend it a certain charm. My biggest hang up has always been that Ken's vocals are wayyy too low in the mix. I guess he wanted to do that with Nirvana too, on In Utero, but Cobain wouldn't let him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    need that 2nd guitar for that solo section.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Nice to see Mulholland Drive getting so much love from the band; that's one of my favorite songs they've ever done..

Screen Man I could live without. Undone and/or Frogs would be preferable though
    I like them both but would prefer Small Crimes over Screen Man.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Went back again last night and was surprised to find out the show was being recorded. Same setlist from the previous show. I overhead someone who went to the VIP meet and greet that they might consider changing up the songs for the encore.

Random Tidbits:
    -Saw Jeff Friedl and Matt McJunkins from APC in the crowds.
    -"Leo" sounds a little better now.
    -Kellii Scott is a beast on the drums, now has a mini drum solo before "Solaris"
    -Right before "Screen Man", Greg dedicated the song to someone and mentioned that this person always loved the song.
    -Ken was more talkative tonight. Asked us to wave to his kids.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I went to last night's show in AZ, and... wow! I saw them on the last tour - and they sounded great - but they absolutely killed it last night and sounded 10X better. I grabbed one of their gig posters (signed), and it's got a really cool 1950's sci-fi vibe going on. I'm going to frame it today. I'll post a pic later if anyone's curious.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    love pics of framed show prints. Please post when you take a pic. Picked this one up tonight at the Candiria show on SI:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Here's the poster, from their FB page:

And here's my signed one, now hanging in my office at work:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    has a Hanna Barbera look to it. I like it!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Saw the show Friday night at the Double Door in Chicago. It was fucking amazing. Every song sounded great, the band was energetic and the crowd was really into it. Hard to believe that only 3 people made all of that noise. Talked to Kelli Scott after the show for a quick minute, just told him how much the album means to me. He was a really cool and humble guy. If any of you have a chance to catch one of these shows I HIGHLY recommend it. I was in heaven the entire time. The venue was so small there wasnt a bad spot in the place.

Highlights:
    -The intro "film" was great and kept the audiences attention the whole time. The way it led into the first song was really cool.
    -Saturday Savior was fucking awesome. I literally thought i was having a heart attack as the show began.
    -Segue 1 was incredible with them just jamming out against the visuals in the background.
    -Blank and Dirty Blue Balloons sounded outstanding.
    -Crowd went nuts for The Nurse Who Loved Me. The build up and climax at the end was really intense.
    -Stuck on you had this really strong bass noise, just like a sine, used at the beginning and during the chorus, that made the heavy parts sound way more powerful.
    -Daylight was one of the best of the night. Just unreal. The solo at the end was perfect.
    -Mullholland Drive sounds so good live. Even though its not part of the album, it was definitely one of the highlights of the entire set.

As the show went on, knowing where we were in the sequence, i kept feeling a sense of sadness as i knew it would be over soon. Hard to explain....kind of like when you take acid or x and when it starts to wear off you get sad or disappointed that it cant go on forever. Bad analogy maybe, but when that last Segue starts the final movement of the album its like, "fuck man, its almost over." The show was in the top 5 of all time for me. Kelli was a beast, Ken sounded great and Greg is one of the most talented musicians of my lifetime. He was back and forth on guitar, bass and keys. Can you tell im still excited? So. Fucking. Awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Saw the show Friday night at the Double Door in Chicago. It was fucking amazing. Every song sounded great, the band was energetic and the crowd was really into it. Hard to believe that only 3 people made all of that noise. Talked to Kelli Scott after the show for a quick minute, just told him how much the album means to me. He was a really cool and humble guy. If any of you have a chance to catch one of these shows I HIGHLY recommend it. I was in heaven the entire time. The venue was so small there wasnt a bad spot in the place.

Highlights:
    -The intro "film" was great and kept the audiences attention the whole time. The way it led into the first song was really cool.
    -Saturday Savior was fucking awesome. I literally thought i was having a heart attack as the show began.
    -Segue 1 was incredible with them just jamming out against the visuals in the background.
    -Blank and Dirty Blue Balloons sounded outstanding.
    -Crowd went nuts for The Nurse Who Loved Me. The build up and climax at the end was really intense.
    -Stuck on you had this really strong bass noise, just like a sine, used at the beginning and during the chorus, that made the heavy parts sound way more powerful.
    -Daylight was one of the best of the night. Just unreal. The solo at the end was perfect.
    -Mullholland Drive sounds so good live. Even though its not part of the album, it was definitely one of the highlights of the entire set.

As the show went on, knowing where we were in the sequence, i kept feeling a sense of sadness as i knew it would be over soon. Hard to explain....kind of like when you take acid or x and when it starts to wear off you get sad or disappointed that it cant go on forever. Bad analogy maybe, but when that last Segue starts the final movement of the album its like, "fuck man, its almost over." The show was in the top 5 of all time for me. Kelli was a beast, Ken sounded great and Greg is one of the most talented musicians of my lifetime. He was back and forth on guitar, bass and keys. Can you tell im still excited? So. Fucking. Awesome.
    I was also at this. It was totally fucking awesome and I agree with all of your observations. I thought the last 3 songs sounded great too, especially Screen Man. I had already seen Failure last year, so this was the second time around for all my favorites from Fantastic Planet (Daylight, Heliotropic, Another Space Song, The Nurse Who Loved Me) but yeah, they were fucking killer yet again and Fantastic Planet remains a brilliant piece of music.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I was at the Grand Rapids show the other night ago and can definitely say it was up there in my top 5 shows ever (Daylight and Screen Man were big highlights). Splurged on VIP, and the guys couldn't have been more down to earth and friendly. It's so great that this band is seeing a resurgence the last couple years, after so much time passed where it looked like that was never going to happen again. For what it's worth, Ken did mention they'd probably take a 1-2 year hiatus after this run, but that their NYC show was indeed filmed and to expect a live album/video of some sort next year while they take some time off and take care of raising family (Ken's wife Charlotte Martin will be touring next year; not sure if Greg will be doing anything with Autolux).

As for song requests, I was told that when they tour as a trio it limits what they're physically capable of playing. They were looking into double neck guitars/basses to give Ken and Greg more flexibility, but the high cost and relatively low quality didn't make that idea too feasible. I was really hoping they'd do their version of Enjoy the Silence, but that's one of those songs they need Troy for.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    For what it's worth, Ken did mention they'd probably take a 1-2 year hiatus after this run, but that their NYC show was indeed filmed and to expect a live album/video of some sort next year while they take some time off and take care of raising family (Ken's wife Charlotte Martin will be touring next year; not sure if Greg will be doing anything with Autolux).
    That's interesting because Kellii mentioned in a podcast that the plan for next year was to start writing on the new album.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Probably a hiatus from touring, yeah.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That Grand Rapids poster is fucking cool.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Yes, I definitely had to buy that!

All remaining Tour Posters for sale in limited quantities here!

http://store.nakatomiinc.com/search.aspx?find=failure

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ^Yes, I definitely had to buy that!

All remaining Tour Posters for sale in limited quantities here!

http://store.nakatomiinc.com/search.aspx?find=failure
    I didn't go, but I'm for sure buying that for later.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What exactly is going on with this? I've seen it on Facebook since then but haven't heard any actual live album unfortunately.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    What exactly is going on with this? I've seen it on Facebook since then but haven't heard any actual live album unfortunately.
    I don't know. Send them a message.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    AFAIK it's still just up for pre-order. I don't think there was ever a solid release date thrown around?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Someone on FB asked if there is new music this year: https://www.facebook.com/Failureband...64557873695214

Apparently so.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just got thru my first listen of fantastic planet live. Fucking incredible. One of the best live albums I've ever heard. That's exactly how they sounded. Perfection.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got thru my first listen of fantastic planet live. Fucking incredible. One of the best live albums I've ever heard. That's exactly how they sounded. Perfection.
    we all know we can trust ken regarding the mix, they always sound great, live or studio. He is one of a few.