8. Backspacer
    7. Binaural
    6. Pearl Jam
    5. Yield
    4. Vitology
    3. No Code (extremely underrated)
    2. Vs.
    1. Ten (I prefer the 2009 mix)

Those first five helped define my youth, are the discs (I typed disc, as I am very much a child of the 90's) that I grew up with and I sort of see those as a closed body-of-work. But even the albums I ranked at the end were good, imho, or at least worthwhile efforts.
    Last edited by RhettButler; 08-11-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hadn't seen PJ in 10-15 years & was impressed by the show on Friday. Very punk setlist. Lot of surprises. I'm not fanatical about them but I'd go see them again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Binaural is way, way better than people give it credit for IMO. It's a weird album, because its opening and closing batch of songs range from just average to some of the worst songs in the bands catalog, but the middle portion of that album is godly.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I hadn't seen PJ in 10-15 years & was impressed by the show on Friday. Very punk setlist. Lot of surprises. I'm not fanatical about them but I'd go see them again.
    I love that, despite their aging classic rocker status, they are keeping up their punk side with their new material.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
    Binaural is way, way better than people give it credit for IMO. It's a weird album, because its opening and closing batch of songs range from just average to some of the worst songs in the bands catalog, but the middle portion of that album is godly.
    I was definitely a fan of the band in the 90s, but it was my stint working in retail at Meijer and having access to employee discounts for their slew of official bootleg releases in 2000/2001 that really turned me into a bit of a hardcore fan. I didn't actually get to see any shows on that tour unfortunately, but I listened to enough of those recordings to get quite familiar with the Binaural material. Needless to say, when I was at their Toronto show a couple years ago and they played the entire thing front to back, I was over the moon. Took me right back to a time and place of all those bootlegs.