8. Backspacer
    7. Binaural
    6. Pearl Jam
    5. Yield
    4. Vitology
    3. No Code (extremely underrated)
    2. Vs.
    1. Ten (I prefer the 2009 mix)

Those first five helped define my youth, are the discs (I typed disc, as I am very much a child of the 90's) that I grew up with and I sort of see those as a closed body-of-work. But even the albums I ranked at the end were good, imho, or at least worthwhile efforts.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 08-11-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I hadn't seen PJ in 10-15 years & was impressed by the show on Friday. Very punk setlist. Lot of surprises. I'm not fanatical about them but I'd go see them again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Binaural is way, way better than people give it credit for IMO. It's a weird album, because its opening and closing batch of songs range from just average to some of the worst songs in the bands catalog, but the middle portion of that album is godly.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I hadn't seen PJ in 10-15 years & was impressed by the show on Friday. Very punk setlist. Lot of surprises. I'm not fanatical about them but I'd go see them again.
    I love that, despite their aging classic rocker status, they are keeping up their punk side with their new material.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
    Binaural is way, way better than people give it credit for IMO. It's a weird album, because its opening and closing batch of songs range from just average to some of the worst songs in the bands catalog, but the middle portion of that album is godly.
    I was definitely a fan of the band in the 90s, but it was my stint working in retail at Meijer and having access to employee discounts for their slew of official bootleg releases in 2000/2001 that really turned me into a bit of a hardcore fan. I didn't actually get to see any shows on that tour unfortunately, but I listened to enough of those recordings to get quite familiar with the Binaural material. Needless to say, when I was at their Toronto show a couple years ago and they played the entire thing front to back, I was over the moon. Took me right back to a time and place of all those bootlegs.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Eddie is going back into Richard Patrick mode

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmd2xv7H...ource=ig_embed

95% of the comments are PJ fans claiming they are done with the band...Way to alienate your fanbase with divisive political shit Ed...

Personally I dont give a shit about Trump, Hilary or PJ so I can sit back and laugh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Except Ed had nothing to do with that poster, but Jeff Ament did. 95% of comments anywhere on the Internet are trolls, so I wouldn't really put any faith in Instragram comments.

And for what it's worth, "Soon Forget" in Toronto a couple years ago was dedicated to Trump and the entire place cheered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

95% of the comments are PJ fans claiming they are done with the band...Way to alienate your fanbase with divisive political shit Ed...

Personally I dont give a shit about Trump, Hilary or PJ so I can sit back and laugh
    Loved that you said 'Richard Patrick Mode'. That guy is so triggered it's laughable.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

oh please. Hush.

Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam have been a political band for practically their whole career, and where they stand on issues has been very, very clear for that entire time. I'm not saying their Anti-Flag, but Eddie has ranted about various issues at length during concerts for decades. If you're a PJ fan in 2018 and offended/surprised by what the band is gonna do or say in that realm, then you're braindead. They are clearly a group of strongly left guys politically, if not all fully progressive. They've done events for Dem politicians both in the recent & distant past.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 08-15-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Also: "fans" done with the band could mean anything in this day and age.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    LOL.

I'd like to introduce you to "Bu$hleaguer," a song that Pearl Jam played in 2003 and specifically in Uniondale, NY in front of a bunch of firefighters post-9/11 and right when the Iraq War was authorized. Eddie wore a silver coat and a George Bush mask and the crowd turned on him, chanting USA USA over and over. Eddie shot it back to the crowd, the band played Neil Young, and then threw his mic down and walked off the stage.

A concert poster with a burning White House, Washington Monument, etc. is small fries. I just smashed that like button.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I find it amusing that (a small vocal minority) of PJ fans are somehow surprised and upset to learn that the band doesn't like Trump and are left-leaning politically.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I still don't think they're fans though, just people who like being outraged.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I still don't think they're fans though, just people who like being outraged.
    I remember reading headlines around 2003 that would say something like "Dozens of Pearl Jam fans walk out of concert" I guess during the Bush song..."Dozens..." like that's a huge number in an arena that holds 17k fans.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wish "fans" getting all outraged over a fucking poster would share the same kind of outrage over all the countless and very real human rights and ethical violations from this current administration, but I guess that's just me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This is almost as ridiculous as the Pink Floyd "fans" that walked out of the Roger Waters concerts last year and the year before. Like, really? If you didn't know these bands were political, you haven't payed attention at all. That'd be like going to a Ted Nugent show and getting mad about his far right views. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
    There are some real gems on that LP, and yes, the middle run from ‘Light Years’ to ‘Insignificance’ are so good. But for me, it’s ‘Sleight of Hand’ that comes closest to perfection - what a stunning song.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I love the album and I wish they would've gone through with the whole binaural recording technic and whatnot.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There is a fan-made Deluxe version of Binaural that a bunch of Tchad blake mixes on it:

13 Breakerfall (Tchad Blake Mix)
    14 Insignificance (Tchad Blake Mix)
    15 Sad (Tchad Blake Mix)
    16 Light Years (Tchad Blake Mix)
    17 Hitchhiker (Tchad Blake Mix)
    18 Education (Tchad Blake Mix)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    There are some real gems on that LP, and yes, the middle run from ‘Light Years’ to ‘Insignificance’ are so good. But for me, it’s ‘Sleight of Hand’ that comes closest to perfection - what a stunning song.

YES!! That song is top ten PJ for me, maybe top 5

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    New album "Gigaton" coming this year?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EN8Y0bAWAAIBYvR.jpg

don't know why the image won't embed but whatever.

Last edited by allegate; 01-11-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @allegate Where did you get the title from?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    @allegate Where did you get the title from?
    top left of the picture, above the guys right eyeball.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    NA Spring Tour being announced Monday as well!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I wonder if Gigaton is just the name of the tour? "Gig a Ton" ?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    NA Spring Tour being announced Monday as well!
    When?!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I wonder if Gigaton is just the name of the tour? "Gig a Ton" ?
    Likely related to emissions/pollution or something.... The flame, or whatever it is, for Australia is upside down maybe out of respect for the current fires there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    When?!
    1pm EST I believe. This is the heavily rumored list..

Spoiler:
    3/18 Toronto Scotiabank Arena
    3/20 Ottawa Canadian Tire Centre
    3/22 Quebec Centre Videotron
    3/24 Hamilton FirstOntario Centre
    3/28 Baltimore Royal Farms Arena
    3/30 NYC Madison Square Garden
    4/2 Nashville Bridgestone Arena
    4/4 St. Louis Enterprise Center
    4/6 Oklahoma City Chesapeake Arena
    4/9 Denver Pepsi Center
    4/11 Phoenix Gila River Arena
    4/13 San Diego Viejas Arena
    4/15-16 Los Angeles Forum
    4/18-19 Oakland Oracle Arena

Another run in the Fall is likely.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Where to people come up with these speculations? I've seen so much speculation these past few weeks and no rumors have really come to be true.

All I want is a spring or fall tour (TORONTO) and album details!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Where to people come up with these speculations? I've seen so much speculation these past few weeks and no rumors have really come to be true.

All I want is a spring or fall tour (TORONTO) and album details!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol I dunno, 10club people are legit on top of things though! I'm miffed that neither Toronto nor Hamilton are on a weekend. Those are the closest to me, but either of those would mean I'd have to take 2 days off work. Maybe just 1 for Hamilton if I can swing out early that day.. Guess I'll just put in for those for the 10c lottery and see where I land.

April 4 St Louis was confirmed via Ticketmaster this morning