Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013.10.15 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    last night was my tenth show. i was also in sec 9, 12th row, i think, and yeah, everyone behind me didnt really seem into it all that much.
    what seat were you in? or, wait, are you who i was with? (heh. i should have asked what his/your regular screen name is.) i was in seat 9. the row behind us was empty. i think the people that were there moved higher so they could sit down.

definitely a great concert. i was at brooklyn, too, and was glad to see some variety, although i kind of wanted to see some songs over again. can't wait to see some pro footage of this tour. i thought the visuals were great, although, sitting on the side, i had to sort of guess what the visuals looked like from the front. agree that the added band members were great.

also, GY!BE kind of blew my mind at this concert. awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven't had a chance to post yet but I was also in row 9, I think seat 6. While some of the section was sedentary, at least I and the people around me were in motion most of the time. Great seats and for that I continue to be very thankful that such good seats are reserved for fans. Of course, given NY state's stupid laws against paperless ticketing/will call only rules (and I understand the economics behind it, but those laws are just wrong), scalpers and bots get into the act and so my seats were still good but much worse than in Boston and NJ. The one side benefit in NYC was being able to get a much better perspective on the lighting- which is so impressive as the perfect accessory to the music. Back to Newark: a wonderful show - however it's hard to ever have an arena show top seeing NIN at Webster Hall. Sad that it was the last show I will see this tour - had gotten used to my almost daily routine of a NIN show to cap the day. It was great to get Reptile (knew it was coming when the green lights started up - that's always the signal) as well as a few songs I hadn't yet heard at the other TENSION gigs (The Big Come Down). Somehow the crowd as a whole and the pit from what I could see seemed a lot more into it than in NYC or Boston - the whole atmosphere was a lot looser, rowdier in a good way - and I felt Trent and the band was more relaxed - even in the somewhat rambling (for TR) speech to the crowd. The HM songs are really great live - and even I'm Afraid of Americans was much more exciting than it's ever been on record. Was a bit sad for those who were only at this show to miss Satellite and its very cool light effect. Also delighted that TR is confident enough in HM to play so much of it live and to keep the sprinkling of "greatest hits" that he does. All in all, a great evening.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    what seat were you in? or, wait, are you who i was with? (heh. i should have asked what his/your regular screen name is.) i was in seat 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenia Spectre View Post
    Haven't had a chance to post yet but I was also in row 9, I think seat 6.
    i was in seat 3. had a black army hoodie on. right next to you guys

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    oh, cool. ETS row! (although that makes me wonder who was given the tickets in the mostly empty row directly behind us.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    i was in seat 3. had a black army hoodie on. right next to you guys
    Oh hi! I guess my husband was in the seat next to you!