Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3150

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Announcement from Buckingham Palace expected at 8am UK this morning. Twitter speculation going mad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    prince phillip has retired from swanning around countries insulting people that's paid for by the tax payer, an emergency 3am meeting for that? fuck me, i'd be pretty pissed if i worked there then got a call to make my way to buck palace to be told that

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    prince phillip has retired from swanning around countries insulting people that's paid for by the tax payer, an emergency 3am meeting for that? fuck me, i'd be pretty pissed if i worked there then got a call to make my way to buck palace to be told that

Yes, bit of anti climax, they could have handled the announcement better

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Two explosions in Manchester at an Ariana Grande concert. There are fatalities; I've read reports of between 20 and 30 dead and a hundred injured.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...losion-england

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    oh my god.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Two explosions in Manchester at an Ariana Grande concert. There are fatalities; I've read reports of between 20 and 30 dead and a hundred injured.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...losion-england
    Several friends working on that tour. Have heard from a few and it sounds like they'll all safe but shaken. My gut hurts though when I think about the average age of the people attending that kind of show. I feel physically sick thinking about it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    fucking KIDS. and their parents, a lot of whom are displaced. so tragic ... i'm speechless, heartbroken. fucking AGAIN? and at this event? unbelievable.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Why a fucking pop concert of all things for this to happen? Seriously? Whoever did this should be killed.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yeah, when I heard it was an Ariana Grande concert, I thought about the venue being full of kids. It's heartbreaking and disgusting.

KIDS for Christ's sake!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    I'm sick of hearing about this fucking shit. I wish this type of bullshit would end and was never an idea from anyone. Terrorist attack...as always.

Cant have fun or be safe anywhere anymore. Sounds worse than Eagles in Paris. :/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    please don't let the death counts go up this time ... children there, who've been waiting for this day ... evil, but what the fuck kind of evil can target this group? it's an empty question that we all know the answer to ... but do we? fucking shit ... they have no limits, never have ... oh my god, what the fuck can we do about this? fuck ...
    Last edited by kel; 05-22-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Who are these assholes? Why a pop concert filled with kids? What are they trying to prove? That they can bring fear to parents and children with their propaganda of hate? Fuck these guys.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Who are these assholes? Why a pop concert filled with kids? What are they trying to prove? That they can bring fear to parents and children with their propaganda of hate? Fuck these guys.
    No idea but comments on articles are tasteless to read. It's all about liberal bashing and border discussions....people died but I guess your fucking political party platform is more important huh? Conservative vs Liberal is a weak argument I'm also sick of hearing about. It's only gotten worse since the 2016 election. I love how discussion about a UK tragedy has been made focus for the US political discussion. Fucking pathetic.

Eagles of Death Metal Paris gunmen were terrible but this was a whole new low. I don't normally get supercharged for events like this negatively but I kinda can't help it tonight.

I'm logging off the internet for the day.

Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    yeah this is just insanely fucked up.
    It reminds me of the plot of that last Steven King book. That's how fucked up it is.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I guess I'm thinking small, but I can't help but hope all of the kids that were there at their first ever concert experience aren't too afraid to go to another. Obviously I hope everyone comes out without any anxiety after this but the kids who were at their first concert keep coming to the forefront of my mind

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Apparently the security was really lapsed...people walked in without getting their bags checked...
    Which just seems abusrd in a big city..considering whats been going on the last few years..

Like that attack in St Perersburg Russia a few weeks ago, its the second biggest city that's been attacked...all the capital cities like London, Moscow, Paris get all the attention its concerned me for a while they are neglecting other areas..
    Can be everywhere but still...but fuck this is a proper mass casualty type attck..

I cant imagine how Ariana Grande must be feeling...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Why a fucking pop concert of all things for this to happen? Seriously? Whoever did this should be killed.
    The same reason you hear these horrifying stories about ISIS doing things like rounding up a village's children and tossing them into a bread-kneading machine in front of their parents.

They want the details to be horrifying and depressing. Also, they probably targeted this because it seemed like something extremely safe and unthreatening... That's the core of terrorism - terror.

This news makes me feel sick. I cannot fathom the tragedy that's wrecking so many lives right now. There's something about the meaningless destruction of youth in the context of something so "fun" and harmless that it truly makes me feel nauseous.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I just read Ariana Grande just cancelled her tour. I don't blame her. She shouldn't have to go through this. No one should.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I just read Ariana Grande just cancelled her tour. I don't blame her. She shouldn't have to go through this. No one should.
    She's probably in shock, and not sure how to handle the idea of getting up in front of an audience and singing happy pop music in light of this just happening.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    25/05/2014 at the Manchester (then Phones 4u) Arena was my first NIN gig, and of my happiest memories. Feels poisoned now.

Every time I made plans for concerts I used to think Paris must have been a fluke, but now this one happened, and it hit real close. For the first time I'm kind of worried about going to work, knowing I might meet people who lost friends and family last night. Feels unreal.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ^ I had great memories of that gig in Manchester, love the place. Going to see DM in London soon and how different will that feel now, sick to my stomach with this.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Two of my cousins (they're 11 and 15) were at the Grande show, along with their brother's fiancee. They managed to get out alright, but the youngest one got trampled a bit in the melee.

Basically, the world is fucked. I'm not surprised it was that arena since it has the most poorly organised security out of any venue I've ever been to.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    UK is now officially under a state of Emergency...millitary troops will be on the streets.....They cant prove whether the Terrorist acted alone..

The bomb was too high tech to have been made alone they say...

Both UK and France under a state of emergency at the same time...Europe in 2017...jesus!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Two of my cousins (they're 11 and 15) were at the Grande show, along with their brother's fiancee. They managed to get out alright, but the youngest one got trampled a bit in the melee.

Basically, the world is fucked. I'm not surprised it was that arena since it has the most poorly organised security out of any venue I've ever been to.
    Glad your cousins got out OK. I'm sure i've heard before that the venue in question had really poor security, some news story back in 2016. Sure it involved someone getting a knife in and security getting a hammering from the press. Might be another venue for all i know but i was sure it was in Manchester...might have been Birmingham now i think about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yep, we're in high alert all right. Police armed to the teeth in central London.

I'm getting pretty anxious now, i'm going to MCM Comic Con at the Excel in London on Friday (my first ever) and i can only imagine how police are going to react to cosplayers with replica weapons travelling on the Tube!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have taken my time to absorb this and look at this from every angle. ISIS/ Al Qaeda terrorists attacks in the beginning as far as I can remember were started, to open the wests eyes to the muslim extremists world as a way for the west (US, UK etc.) could understand their plight. Its one thing to kill innocent people to make a political statement but it is absolutely another to target children and young girls and mothers.
    I absolutely hate Donald Trump I think he is a fucking idiot, and a moron, but if he wants to wipe ISIS/AL Qaeda off the fucking map, GO RIGHT THE FUCK AHEAD!!!! It is the one thing I will agree with him on. After ISIS attacks fucking kids, FUCK YOU ISIS I HOPE THEY WIPE YOU OFF THE FUCKING MAP!!!!!!!!

That is not to say that peaceful muslim who don't subscribe to this extremist ideology should be hassled, but ISIS can go straight to fucking Hell.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Yep, we're in high alert all right. Police armed to the teeth in central London.
    Yeah I was in South Kensington today and there was a military officer who had the worst gun discipline I've ever seen. You know how they always have the barrel pointed toward the ground? This guy just had it hanging by his side and it was pointing in the direction of a little girl about 4 feet away . I don't know if that's a big no no in the gun world or anything but it seemed unprofessional to see

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Texas Teacher Gives ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award To 7th Grader

What the hell kind of person says, "this sounds like a top-shelf joke!"

Also AVID here is for those kids who can't handle college, not for the advanced ones. Weird.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    UK threat level has gone back to severe. Saw no extra police in the part of London I live