Page 108 of 156 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    The officer in question should lose his job, his pension, and should be arrested for breaking the law!
    The Cop's supervisor, a lieutenant, should also lose his job for demanding that the detective (a police phlebotomist) "either leave with a vial of blood or a body."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    It's not politically correct.
    So do you want me to send you a list of all the browsers you should be using instead of chrome?
    Shit, now that i think about it, i got about 5 gmail accounts. Oh well, guess they'll end up failing either way, since merit is not really a criteria for hiring.
    Joe Rogan podcast long form chat with the dude that was fired from Google.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    moving this over
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 09-10-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: hohoho merry christmas

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    UK couple remove child from school that allows child to wear a dress in gender row

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41224146

Considering they did this before, for a similar reason, kinda makes me wonder why they put their second child in the school in the first place!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    saw this earlier I'm a fan of JRE he seems intelligent his podcasts are usually informative, this is not new something I've started calling c.p.c. or"corporate political correctness" it's silly even sillier from a company who's motto was "do no evil" which makes me laugh almost as hard as face book HQ being on one hacker way! which is about as relevant as a perfume commercial,diversity is an organic process like trying to legislate morality, attempting only creates backlash, Is it a problem yes, giving people job or putting them in positions where they won't succeed doesn't help actually makes it worse what does help supporting people in awkward roles keeping your mind open being open minded,checking your expectations and pre-conceptions at the door
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 09-11-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: there's no such thing as an ore-conception

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Hurricane Maria has destroyed Puerto Rico.
    I've been losing my mind trying to contact my family and friends.
    This is the worst hurricane in years to hit not only Puerto Rico but all the other islands nearby.
    The videos and photos of places i use to see my friends and family only make the anxiety worse.
    So far I've only got in contact with my brother and thankfully he is safe but where my parents live is wehere the worst flood took place and I haven spoken to them since right before the hurrican apporached.
    I fucking hate not knowing if everyone is ok. This is beyond fustrating, I hven't slept in two days and I had to take work off today and I was supposed to work this weekend too but I can;t even thinlk straight.
    I;ve never been this way my hands are trembling and i can;t stop crying fuck All i want is news about where they live and if they have been evacuated.
    All the emergency phone numbers to reach out to designated safe areas are not working.
    I don't know what to do, im losing my mind.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @ziltoid , you and everyone in PR are in my thoughts and prayers. It's horrible that even the cell towers were destroyed. I hope you hear from your family soon, and that they're okay.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41358394

Erdogan's thugs beating US citizens 2.0

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @ziltoid , you and everyone in PR are in my thoughts and prayers. It's horrible that even the cell towers were destroyed. I hope you hear from your family soon, and that they're okay.
    I don't live in P.R. but most of my extended family and friends do.
    Rescue efforts have begun since yesterday morning with the National Guard and emergency agencies being activated.
    So far the known death toll has reached 11 people with two of them being handicapped and couldn't be relocated before a landslide landed on their house.
    There is still so much that is unknown.

Fortunately, a few of my friends have marked themselves and their families as safe on Facebook.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I don't live in P.R. but most of my extended family and friends do.
    Rescue efforts have begun since yesterday morning with the National Guard and emergency agencies being activated.
    So far the known death toll has reached 11 people with two of them being handicapped and couldn't be relocated before a landslide landed on their house.
    There is still so much that is unknown.

Fortunately, a few of my friends have marked themselves and their families as safe on Facebook.
    Yes I know you don't live in PR; I should have made that a parenthetical comment: "You, and everyone in PR, are in my thoughts." Which doesn't mean shit but ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thousands of Spanish riot cops are blocking Catalan voters from casting their vote at the referendum for independence, all across Catalunia. Catalan firemen try to protect the people. Things are getting very intense, at the heart of Europe.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    horrible of course Russian involvement again, of silence from the idiot in office sad!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Mass shooting or shootings on the Las Vegas strip tonight. EDIT: Two dead, twenty-four injured at the moment.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-02-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Mass shooting or shootings on the Las Vegas strip tonight. Hearing reports that at least twenty people are dead.
    I've watched/heard a few clips... its scary. Automatic weapons.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was full-auto fire. Not legally obtained.
    Not a whole lot of info out yet other than at least 2 dead at this time. Seeing conflicting injured numbers, apparently some people were being taken to another hospital which may be why some are saying more.

Since I was half awake, my first thought after hearing that there was a shooting at a concert in Vegas was "wait was that NIN show tonight?!"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    At least 20 dead now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41466116

Stay safe everyone.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Fuck it's now up to 50...fuck! This is just awful!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    This is so tragic. Hopefully, the death toll will stop rising.
    Some of the videos posted of the gunshots are terrifying. Sounds like fully auto weapon.

Preliminary info found states that suspect appears to have been identified as Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old man from Mesquite, Nevada. He would have no criminal record.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Two of my friends were just there last week. My heart goes out to all of the victims. I know that gesture is meaningless and I don’t know what else to do. I can’t fix it.
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-02-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As usual this is a mindless killing with no motive. Nothing makes this tragedy or event worth occurring for but there are no statements in these types of killings. It’s just slaughter with no commentary or goal. I just wish he had turned the gun on his own face before taking all those innocent lives just trying to have fun at a music festival.

This is stuff that boils my blood. I’m glad law enforcement killed this piece of shit but there won’t be any answers for what transpired sadly.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-02-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    white male shooter so there will be not a single tweet from the president, nothing from NRA, guns are made for one reason to kill until we address access to guns, mental health care, health care, gun manufacturers wanting to seel more guns this will not change
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Now confirmed that shooter killed himself.

He was a white dude in his 60s shooting at a country music festival. Really wondering about motive.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    This is fucking awful.
    Also, imagine what happens if this dude is a leftist.
    I'm praying he wasn't politically motivated.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’m mostly wondering why they are saying that full-auto weapons are legal in NV when we all thought that they’re illegal per Federal law.* For the reasons you are seeing in the video footage from Vegas. They aren’t for sports or any reason other than military-style mass shooting.

ISIS is taking credit but authorities are saying there is no evidence of ISIS affiliation. People who knew the guy are shocked, saying he was never political, owned a home in a retirement community.

Vegas police are asking people to donate blood.

*re automatic weapons: https://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/rpt/2009-R-0020.htm

Note that a trigger can be added to a semi-auto high-capacity high-caliber rifle that turns it into a fully-automatic weapon.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah figured he must’ve done that when the news first came out; we’ve stayed in the Four Seasons (35th floor and up in the Mandalay Bay); those windows do not open. So i figures he shot them out. Edit: he used a hammer.

Ugh.

The videos circulating from the music fest are horrible; so many people not knowing that the sound they are hearing is automatic gunfire. Assuming it’s fireworks, or just confused. He shot through a big tent with people in it, too. This death toll is bound to get WAY worse with the high-caliber weapons he was using.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Note that a trigger can be added to a semi-auto high-capacity high-caliber rifle that turns it into a fully-automatic weapon.
    Wait, really?! Are semi-auto legal in america? If so does that mean any legal semi-auto has potential to be a full automatic? That's pretty fucking scary!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    fuck me 58 people, that's nearly the same amount as that Nazi in Norway killed a few years ago, it always shocks me how devastating a single maniac with a large gun can be.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    there still going to spin this to somehow blame the left, my guess Nevada's, new marijuana laws
    -Louie

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Two of my friends were just there last week. My heart goes out to all of the victims. I know that gesture is meaningless and I don’t know what else to do. I can’t fix it.
    My heart goes out to the victims and their families too. I just saw the shooter's brother on tv; the man seems as confused as everyone is.

You're right: you and I cannot fix this. It's too late. The question is: how do we prevent this from happening again? And there is no absolute way to prevent it either but at least we must be willing to try instead of playing the blame game.