Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
@eversonpoe I'm sorry.

But also, like my grandma used to say, "fuck a bunch of motherfuckers." I can only imagine how it wears on you, but just, seriously... remember that anyone looking down on you is likely BENEATH you, in terms of intellect, empathy, talent...you name it.
Our species just isn't as advanced as it seems to think it is.

Meanwhile, you seriously don't feel safe? And we're talking about the El in Chicago? You want some Texas advice? Go get that concealed carry license. Learn to.shoot. At LEAST, take a self defense class.

Edit: my wife says get a big KNIFE: that in her experience, knives have been helpful.
there are a lot of folks in the trans community who advocate for buying a gun and learning how to shoot, but i will never do that. guns are disgusting to me and i just have no interest in ever touching one. i don't want to hurt/kill anyone.

i have a garter with a small knife that i wear sometimes, and i also have a self-defense keychain that i carry with me everywhere. i don't ever want to use them. but yeah, with the boiling point that seems to be nearing with anti-trans rhetoric and legislation, i am literally terrified that i'm going to get murdered.

my whole thing is that i've never really cared what people think of me; they can go suck a fuck. but when they ACT on those thoughts/feelings, and they want to hurt me (emotionally and/or physically), THAT'S when i care.

i've been sick the last three days and i can't say i'm not relieved that i haven't had to commute to work. despite how shitty i feel physically, it has been a weight off of me at least a little bit.

but yeah it's just baffling to me that anyone gives a shit about me simply existing as myself, not hurting anyone, just being a kind and caring person that likes to make others feel good about themselves.

i can't wait to get FFS in june and hopefully feel slightly safer out in public, but i fear for my trans siblings out there who don't have the resources to get it themselves, and will always be at risk.