Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111
Results 3,301 to 3,317 of 3317

Thread: Random General Headlines

  1. #3301
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is a pretty big deal. Anybody else following this?

    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-zi...-idUSKBN1DE1NG

  2. #3302
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Computer glitch leaves American Airlines without any pilots for Christmas

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/29/...ation-december

    Holy shitballs.

  3. #3303
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I heard the tail end of that report on NPR last night and didn’t catch the airline name. Shit, I was going to book my flight today on American. Small hometown airport, limited airlines service the airport. Maybe I’ll be driving this year....

  4. #3304
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    In the "gee, I'm shocked. No really." category:

    Putin says he'll run for new 6-year term as Russian President

    Reuters on MSN.com 1h

    Vladimir Putin announced on Wednesday he would seek re-election in March 2018, as opinion polls show he should win comfortably.

  5. #3305
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/michellerem...?fref=mentions

    information regarding the intolerance of female genital mutilation has been removed from a draft of the new Canadian Citizenship Guide.

  6. #3306
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,084
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Anyone following the gay wedding cake situation? Shit is fascinating. Way more going on than I thought based on the shit media coverage.

    There was no refusal to sell a cake. It was refusal to decorate in a specific way... which is art... which is speech. It's on par with asking a muslim baker to decorate a cake with the face of Mohammad.

  7. #3307
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,254
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm sure most folk are sick of all the Donald Trump talk, well the New York Times ran a couple of interesting articles today...

    Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/1...arry-reid.html

    2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/1...ject-navy.html

    Apparently the study of UFOS was in our military budget.

  8. #3308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,956
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Anyone following the gay wedding cake situation? Shit is fascinating. Way more going on than I thought based on the shit media coverage.

    There was no refusal to sell a cake. It was refusal to decorate in a specific way... which is art... which is speech. It's on par with asking a muslim baker to decorate a cake with the face of Mohammad.
    How was it asked to be decorated? How is that different from most weddings where the bride wants the cake to look a certain way? Why has this not been mentioned by a single person until you and now?

  9. #3309
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,819
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    GOP tax bill just passed: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...44d_story.html

    Of course, business as usual. BOO!!!!!!!

  10. #3310
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42471582

    This man is starting to become a threat to Vladimir Putin enough of a threat to take note of, if something big becomes of this in Russia the chain reaction could be immense globally, he has galvanized a huge amount of people, may cause big waves next year. could expect massive protests if this man is not allowed to run.
    To be honest I don't know why Putin has not done more to 'sort him out' already.
    but don't expect Putin to leave without a fight if it does become intolerable for him, problem is that fight could be very violent. Putin knows he will end up with a rope around his neck like Saddam Hussein or Muammar Gadaffi if he loses power and people find out how much money he has stolen from the Russian public.

  11. #3311
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,819
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42471582

    This man is starting to become a threat to Vladimir Putin enough of a threat to take note of, if something big becomes of this in Russia the chain reaction could be immense globally, he has galvanized a huge amount of people, may cause big waves next year. could expect massive protests if this man is not allowed to run.
    To be honest I don't know why Putin has not done more to 'sort him out' already.
    but don't expect Putin to leave without a fight if it does become intolerable for him, problem is that fight could be very violent. Putin knows he will end up with a rope around his neck like Saddam Hussein or Muammar Gadaffi if he loses power and people find out how much money he has stolen from the Russian public.
    I just hope this new guy stays alive and do what needs to be done. Then we can get rid of the asshole at the White House.

  12. #3312
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san fransisco
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

  13. #3313
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,596
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Holy shit, Hawaii just got an actual missile threat warning on the news and on their phones.

    Confirmed that it was an error, but the videos showing what was on TV when it hit are fucking terrifying: https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/952246857933221888

  14. #3314
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,711
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    There's been meteor sightings in Michigan and now just saw some video from somewhere even closer to my neck of the woods tonight.

  15. #3315
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portland, Ore
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't want to hear another Republican say the the blue are a bunch of crybabies with this fucking New California shit. This is just sad

  16. #3316
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,819
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I don't want to hear another Republican say the the blue are a bunch of crybabies with this fucking New California shit. This is just sad
    I heard about New California. What the fuck? This is just getting really stupid. Plus, let's not forget that California originally belonged to the Mexicans who lost the land in the Mexican-American War in 1848 and were paid off $15 million which would be $150 trillion or more these days.

  17. #3317
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42471582

    This man is starting to become a threat to Vladimir Putin enough of a threat to take note of, if something big becomes of this in Russia the chain reaction could be immense globally, he has galvanized a huge amount of people, may cause big waves next year. could expect massive protests if this man is not allowed to run.
    To be honest I don't know why Putin has not done more to 'sort him out' already.
    but don't expect Putin to leave without a fight if it does become intolerable for him, problem is that fight could be very violent. Putin knows he will end up with a rope around his neck like Saddam Hussein or Muammar Gadaffi if he loses power and people find out how much money he has stolen from the Russian public.

    The main reason he is not allowed to run, is that he is a convicted criminal.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions