Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3243

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    http://wncn.com/2017/08/14/protester...ty-courthouse/

Well, this pretty much confirms this year is going to be even more of a shit show than originally thought. It's one thing to debate on whether or not it should of came down, but this happening feels completely wrong. It should have been put in a museum.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    this is only going to escalate dumb, dumb Donnie, will do nothing, a.g. who's also a racist, congrats America, you finally pulled you own plug
    -Louie

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    http://wncn.com/2017/08/14/protester...ty-courthouse/

Well, this pretty much confirms this year is going to be even more of a shit show than originally thought. It's one thing to debate on whether or not it should of came down, but this happening feels completely wrong. It should have been put in a museum.
    I saw the video. Even the guy playing guitar got aggressive and kicked it (?).

In other news, the Charlottesville suspect can't afford a lawyer, and the public defender is a relative of one of the victims of the attack.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I saw the video. Even the guy playing guitar got aggressive and kicked it (?).
    Some guy even tried to punch it, which is incredibly dumb. Talk about asking for a broken hand.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Lots of middle fingers too. Their heart is in the right place, but all that's a bit too much and stupid.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm surprised no one has brought up the terror attack in Spain.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've been watching it on CNN as is my mother on CNN Espanol. So far, 13 people dead and 50 are wounded. ISIS is involved. Fuck these assholes too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Cars are the new weapon of choice in Europe, we have no guns but we have a lot of cars, there is literally nothing they can do about it, at some point people will have enough of it, given how dark Europes history was in the 20th century I dread to think what this will stir....its already destroying the European Union...its obvious there are systemic structural problems within the EU that they have no idea how to handle the refugee crisis, they had to bribe Turkish dictator Ergodan to stop the flow of refugees, I know these were not all refugees but every terror attack fuels Islamophobia in Europe and cracks the fabric of the EU when its trying to deal with a deep crisis

Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Baltic States want nothing to do with the migrants, there will probably be a few more of these sort of attacks by years end, do people just sit and watch forever...not going to happen.

The French Neo Liberal tool Emmanuele Macron whose popularity has plunged at a speed unknown in French history spent his whole campagin talking about building a new Europe and about it being open , he has not taken in one refugee.
    people are just bored of empty rhetoric
    Last edited by Exocet; 08-17-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    The wreck of the USS Indianapolis has been found

In case the name of the ship sounds familiar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And another car has been used as a weapon!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-france-police

THE FUCKING HELL IS HAPPENING!?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    And another car has been used as a weapon!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-france-police

THE FUCKING HELL IS HAPPENING!?
    Not to minimize the loss of a life, but....

French officials said the van’s driver, arrested after the crashes, is being treated for psychological problems. The incident is not being treating as terror-related.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As I said on Twitter, my memory is long. I hate Mitch McConnell right now. So much. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/21/mitc...t-ceiling.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hurricanes suck.

Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    As I said on Twitter, my memory is long. I hate Mitch McConnell right now. So much. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/21/mitc...t-ceiling.html
    If we don't raise the debt ceiling, we will be in default, and that will be very very very bad. The Republicans got hammered for not raising the debt ceiling under the pressure of Tea Party idiots.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-...crises-3305868

Do you mean you hate McConnell because he USED to be against it, with the Tea Party jerks?
    Last edited by allegro; 08-27-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Didn't we have this issue a couple of years ago and at that time it wasn't properly resolved wasn't it?
    I vaguely remember.
    I swear it's like we are stuck in an absurd cycle.

Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Didn't we have this issue a couple of years ago and at that time it wasn't properly resolved wasn't it?
    I vaguely remember.
    I swear it's like we are stuck in an absurd cycle.
    See Wikipedia:

Depending on who is doing the research, it is said that the US has raised its debt ceiling (in some form or other) at least 90 times in the 20th century.

The debt ceiling has been raised 74 times since March 1962, including 18 times under Ronald Reagan, eight times under Bill Clinton, seven times under George W. Bush, and five times under Barack Obama. In practice, the debt ceiling has never been reduced, even though the public debt itself may have reduced.

Congress has raised the debt ceiling 14 times from 2001-2013. The debt ceiling was raised a total of 7 times (total increase of $5365bil) during Pres. Bush's eight-year term and it has been raised 7 times (as of 10/2013 a total increase of $5385bil) under Pres. Obama's term as of 2013 (five years in office).
    The debt ceiling is like your credit card limit. If your limit isn't raised and you use your card, anyway, you're in default. If the U.S. debt is higher than the debt limit, we're in default. Much chaos ensues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    If we don't raise the debt ceiling, we will be in default, and that will be very very very bad. The Republicans got hammered for not raising the debt ceiling under the pressure of Tea Party idiots.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-...crises-3305868

Do you mean you hate McConnell because he USED to be against it, with the Tea Party jerks?
    Yes. Yes I do. He was right there with them. Now of course, listen to him fucking sing a new fucking tune. The man makes me want to puke.

And yes, he did always cave, but I heard him, and I watched him use that debt ceiling as a ploy, many times. And he blew his dog whistle loudly, all through Obama's presidency. Contrast that to this new statement that he won't dare let it default.
    Last edited by mostlymad; 08-27-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Nurse handcuffed and put in the back on an unmarked car for protecting her patient from detective unlawfully collecting his blood.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...police-n798021

My wife is a nurse practitioner, so obviously I find this very upsetting! The officer in question should lose his job, his pension, and should be arrested for breaking the law!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Looks like Irma is gonna hit Florida around September 11, 2017.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Stay safe american friends

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    The officer in question should lose his job, his pension, and should be arrested for breaking the law!
    The Cop's supervisor, a lieutenant, should also lose his job for demanding that the detective (a police phlebotomist) "either leave with a vial of blood or a body."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    It's not politically correct.
    So do you want me to send you a list of all the browsers you should be using instead of chrome?
    Shit, now that i think about it, i got about 5 gmail accounts. Oh well, guess they'll end up failing either way, since merit is not really a criteria for hiring.
    Joe Rogan podcast long form chat with the dude that was fired from Google.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    moving this over
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 09-10-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: hohoho merry christmas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    UK couple remove child from school that allows child to wear a dress in gender row

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41224146

Considering they did this before, for a similar reason, kinda makes me wonder why they put their second child in the school in the first place!

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Joe Rogan podcast long form chat with the dude that was fired from Google.

Interesting. It's crazy that people attack this guy for being some form of bigot. He's kind of derpy and naive, but google created the environment that promoted this kind of discussion. The illegal discrimination that's currently viewed as acceptable, as if it is some form of affirmative action, exists in so many companies out here though. It's not just google. Hopefully we see a backlash for it.

The thing about Damore is that he wasn't bucking Google. He was trying to make google better. He was and still is very into Google as a company and their products. This company is incredibly dangerous when it comes to homogenizing thought.... but he only notices the issue internally as it relates to hiring? lol wut

such is the life of the wage slaves working for the data combines

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    saw this earlier I'm a fan of JRE he seems intelligent his podcasts are usually informative, this is not new something I've started calling c.p.c. or"corporate political correctness" it's silly even sillier from a company who's motto was "do no evil" which makes me laugh almost as hard as face book HQ being on one hacker way! which is about as relevant as a perfume commercial,diversity is an organic process like trying to legislate morality, attempting only creates backlash, Is it a problem yes, giving people job or putting them in positions where they won't succeed doesn't help actually makes it worse what does help supporting people in awkward roles keeping your mind open being open minded,checking your expectations and pre-conceptions at the door
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 09-11-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: there's no such thing as an ore-conception

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Hurricane Maria has destroyed Puerto Rico.
    I've been losing my mind trying to contact my family and friends.
    This is the worst hurricane in years to hit not only Puerto Rico but all the other islands nearby.
    The videos and photos of places i use to see my friends and family only make the anxiety worse.
    So far I've only got in contact with my brother and thankfully he is safe but where my parents live is wehere the worst flood took place and I haven spoken to them since right before the hurrican apporached.
    I fucking hate not knowing if everyone is ok. This is beyond fustrating, I hven't slept in two days and I had to take work off today and I was supposed to work this weekend too but I can;t even thinlk straight.
    I;ve never been this way my hands are trembling and i can;t stop crying fuck All i want is news about where they live and if they have been evacuated.
    All the emergency phone numbers to reach out to designated safe areas are not working.
    I don't know what to do, im losing my mind.

Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    @ziltoid , you and everyone in PR are in my thoughts and prayers. It's horrible that even the cell towers were destroyed. I hope you hear from your family soon, and that they're okay.