Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Black Moth Super Rainbow/Tobacco

Any BMSR or Tobacco fans out there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yup! saw them this past summer. epic show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw BMSR a couple years ago and I just saw a solo Tobacco show last year. Great crazy performances, love their sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a huge fan of both BMSR and Tobacco. I do listen to Tobaccos solo stuff more. Maniac Meat is such a great album. I much prefer it to Fucked up Friends, it's much darker and heavy. I've seen both Tobacco and BMSR live and both were amazing shows! I just downloaded a bootleg with very high quality over here from my recent BMSR show in asheville NC over at gravefaces message board :
    http://graveface.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tapes You do need to join to get it, but it's well worth signing up for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tobacco tweeted the other day that after he finished the new BMSR album he disliked it, trashed it, scrapped it, and is currently working on a new new album. The anticipation is killing me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually like Tobacco more than BMSR. Although Fucked up Friends and Maniac Meat can sound repetitive at times, sometimes it just hits the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's what we have for new songs from the Psychic love damage era. Not sure which songs are going to be scrapped and which he is keeping. He played 'the wettest day' and 'the runner' along with 'weird winds' on turntable.fm recently. Songs included : Dreamsicle bomb, the wettest day, quiver the good times, weird winds, the runner and three live versions of PLD songs: the wettest day , sunburned fudge (?) and another untitled track
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m2lrbonyry31fo1
    Last edited by InsectGod; 02-08-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y?ref=categoryNew album Cobra Juicy coming out in October! Check out the treatment it's getting. I've never seen an album released like thise before. I'm on board to get one of the masks (And the Psychic Love Damage abandoned album on vinyl)

Update : 1,942 backers
    $122,398 pledged of $45,000 goaL

Holy shit! Not only was the kickstarter a huge sucess , everyone who pledged a dollar or more is getting a freaky remix album next year. Fo Free!
    Last edited by InsectGod; 08-08-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bump! Has anyone here pledged for the kickstarter? It's almost over now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, people enjoying Cobra Juicy?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yes, Cobra Juicy has been one of my favorite records this year.

Especially the track Spraypaint...been going through a lot with my dog Gabby battling IMHA and this song has been hitting home a lot lately.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I had the opprotunity to see BMSR twice last weekend and they blew my fucking mind. Cobra Juicy is so awesome, especially love "Hairspray Heart". This may be one of my favorite albums of the year by far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    holy shit Cobra Juicy is so good.
    my ears are cumming!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spraypaint reminds me of Modwheelmood's Scared Of Everyone:

Love the new album - hard to find much by BMSR or Tobacco that I don't enjoy
    Definitely see them or Tobacco by himself live any chance you get!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This new album is the tits! I am really big on I think I'm evil, gangs in the garden, and hairspray heart in particular.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Tobacco

I found out about this band/guy after seeing Eric Wareheim's video that he directed for the song called "Streaker". I really don't know much about the guy other than he uses all analog equipment and is also in a band called "Black Moth Super Rainbow". I listened to BMSR and I feel like I prefer the Tobacco stuff better. It seems darker and that is fine by me! Any other fans here?

I love the footage of the "Nightmare" series VHS/Boardgame in this video. I used to play the shit out of that game when I was a young lad.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm seeing Tobacco live this Wednesday in Brooklyn! Anybody here seen his live show? Never caught him before - I don't know what to expect which I kinda like.

His new album is good (and the yellow vinyl is gorgeous). "Sweatmother" is the song that made me a fan.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I too found out about him through the "Streaker" video. I've been listening to his new album quite a bit, and I plan on getting into his earlier stuff at some point. Also, if there needs to be a song for the summer, "Eruption" is it.

"It's a nice fucking day, and I'm feeling fucking good."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Man I've loved BMSR/Tobacco for years, but seeing him open up for NIN put some new passion in me for it. But for some reason the past few days, it's been really clicking for me.

These songs in particular I've been playing basically on repeat. So fucking killer.

So do just a little too much of your hard drug of choice and listen.

(non vocoder version - superior imo)

(heavy robot version - still very great)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tobacco recently released "Ripe & Majestic" a compilation of instrumentals he's done over the years. He is currently cooking up a new BMSR album I think! He did two (old) songs on last call with carson daly (Ha!) I didn't watch it but it's good to see him trying to get more exposure

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i really didn't know what to expect from Tobacco because i had never heard anything, but their set at Riot Fest was great. i think from reading an interview, i thought the music was going to be really harsh and abrasive, but it wasn't. it was innovative & fun and i'm looking forward to checking out some of their albums.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i really didn't know what to expect from Tobacco because i had never heard anything, but their set at Riot Fest was great. i think from reading an interview, i thought the music was going to be really harsh and abrasive, but it wasn't. it was innovative & fun and i'm looking forward to checking out some of their albums.
    The live versions, from what I've heard of them, are definitely different than the album versions. Definitely a lot more distortion on them, especially because of the production techniques he uses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BMSR has a new album he's teasing , here are the clips so far :

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Huge fan! I was so happy to see tobaxxo getting all those opening gigs with nin. i hope that continues. excited to hear what we get next from tom and co.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Even more Tobacco b-sides were released within the past month, too. His whole catalog doesn't disappoint, really fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Even more Tobacco b-sides were released within the past month, too. His whole catalog doesn't disappoint, really fun.
    Where were these released? I looked for them on soundcloud but didn't see them. Could you link me please?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I really, really like it. Brings back those Cobra Juicy vibes™.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)