Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Archive

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'll ask the question: if it's a reel, why not HD ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Shot on tape?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Shot on tape?
    Is that an answer ? If yes I don't get your quanswer

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think the question is "Why wasn't it transferred in HD if it was on a reel?". I think it's because the reel isn't a typical film reel, but one designed for TV broadcasts, which would mean that the video was in standard definition.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Here's @FULLMETAL 's comments from the Auction thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    In case anyone is curious, this auction is for a one-inch video reel. It's not a "master" in terms of the original source for all copies, but instead is a "master" source for the recipient to make on-air versions for broadcast.
    This format was the highest quality & most cost-effective for video service use before BetacamSP & DigiBeta.
    As far as scarcity, it's very rare to see these pop up in the wild.
    One inch (or Type C) only has 300 lines of resolution (compared to 280 for 3/4" U-Matic), so it's not going to look any cleaner than what's currently available on YouTube. The only benefit might be if there's a special slate (like The Perfect Drug video with the revolving 3D NIN logo).
    That said, you'd have to go to a Post House & luck out if they still have a working machine to get it transferred. The format was phased out in the early 2000's and most Network & affiliate TV stations got rid if their machines shortly thereafter.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Like I said. 1" broadcast video. Not sure of anyone that broadcasts projector film stock...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    dumb request but does anyone have the video download link of the 2005 KROQ almost acoustic xmas show?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    dumb request but does anyone have the video download link of the 2005 KROQ almost acoustic xmas show?
    I'm not sur why it's dumb, but I think I remember there wasn't video.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    There was a video, I think it was even discussed in this very thread a few years ago

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Looking back at my own news site yes there were, it was the first webcast from The Hole, but same stream was available on kroq. So..... yes I got it since it was on the nin.com archive torrent (and whatever easily recordable back at the time)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    [Edit] New link : http://jheberg.net/captcha/nin-double-kroq-2/

Here's a pack fuill of Kroq : both 2005 and 2006 video and audio and pictures
    Last edited by ninjaw; 09-01-2017 at 06:42 AM. Reason: New link

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It seems like archive is corrupted. I've tried to download file from two sources and result is the same. Also, I've tried various archive utilities but with no luck.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickamongthepure View Post
    It seems like archive is corrupted. I've tried to download file from two sources and result is the same. Also, I've tried various archive utilities but with no luck.
    Wow you're right Winrar just destroyed my file right on my HDD... and I asked him to not compress ! amazing, what's hard about copying files from HDD to HDD ... ... Ok so I remade it using RAR this time, still no compression, new link : http://jheberg.net/captcha/nin-double-kroq-2/

PS: A word about audio files, nothing new not already on ninlive.com, flac is probably even a false worst one according to what I wrote about it 12 years ago
    Last edited by ninjaw; 09-01-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow you're right Winrar just destroyed my file right on my HDD... and I asked him to not compress ! amazing, what's hard about copying files from HDD to HDD ... ... Ok so I remade it using RAR this time, still no compression, new link : http://jheberg.net/captcha/nin-double-kroq-2/

PS: A word about audio files, nothing new not already on ninlive.com, flac is probably even a false worst one according to what I wrote about it 12 years ago
    Yap. Seems fine now. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post

Anyways... I put the full original file up on mega (zipping it dropped the size from 11GB to around 7GB) and I also did a couple encodes for those who are curious but don't care to download the raw file. So take your pick between x264 and x265. I compressed the audio to FLAC since it really does sound fantastic and wanted to retain it as close to the transfer as possible.

So... I present to you:

Nine Inch Nails, Hurt - "No Shit" Version. Direct from the 1" reel, and in true stereo.
    I've been super busy and missed this - thanks so much kargarth. This was cool to see in this fidelity, probably the best we'll get unless someone tracks down the original film.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I've been super busy and missed this - thanks so much kargarth. This was cool to see in this fidelity, probably the best we'll get unless someone tracks down the original film.
    My pleasure. Anything I happen to end up with that I have the ability to preserve will also definitely be shared.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    KROQ is downloading fine. thx for sharing dude

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Does anyone have either a download link or updated torrent trackers for "The Interview Essentials Vols. 1-3"? The torrents I have are stuck at 0%.
    Nevermind, I found links.
    Last edited by Pyract; 09-04-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tape is in excellent condition and the transfer looks amazing. Miles better than what's on the NIN Vevo and NIN official youtube channels.
    For whatever reason, VLC isn't getting audio playback with the x264 or x265 versions on my machine - maybe I need to update my software. However! That's not the point of my reply! Rather than do something clever like update my software, and because I wanted to compare the quality between Vimeo and this, I opened up Vimeo, cued up VLC, hit play on one and then on the other. I was actually really quite close - off by a few milliseconds.

And within a minute or so of side-by-side play, it became apparent to me that the the video you shared is an alternate cut! I can't really discern why - there's slightly fewer closeups of the crowd, but it's not as though there's a reduction in gruesome footage from the projector. But in the event you hadn't noticed, I wanted to point it out here

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    For whatever reason, VLC isn't getting audio playback with the x264 or x265 versions on my machine - maybe I need to update my software. However! That's not the point of my reply! Rather than do something clever like update my software, and because I wanted to compare the quality between Vimeo and this, I opened up Vimeo, cued up VLC, hit play on one and then on the other. I was actually really quite close - off by a few milliseconds.

And within a minute or so of side-by-side play, it became apparent to me that the the video you shared is an alternate cut! I can't really discern why - there's slightly fewer closeups of the crowd, but it's not as though there's a reduction in gruesome footage from the projector. But in the event you hadn't noticed, I wanted to point it out here
    Huh... I hadn't noticed. I'll definitely take a look! Only thing I can think of is it's something to do with being the "No Shit" edit on the tape I got.

On a side note.. I definitely can play both videos using VLC locally. :-)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    On a side note.. I definitely can play both videos using VLC locally. :-)
    I was thinking I hadn't updated VLC on this machine in, like, 3 years, but when I look at the dates on the executable files, I haven't updated since 2012. Preeeeetty sure that's my issue here

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was thinking I hadn't updated VLC on this machine in, like, 3 years, but when I look at the dates on the executable files, I haven't updated since 2012. Preeeeetty sure that's my issue here
    I have the same problem, and when I check the audio files on Spek, it seems that the audio files are empty...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have the same issue with VLC and IINA on my Mac. macOS, VLC and IINA are the latest versions.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    When I check it with MediaInfo, it's showing embedded FLAC audio on both mkv files.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Let me take a look at my source files and download what's in mega and see if something weird happened. I'll edit this post with results

Edit: I downloaded the files from mega and sure enough.. something's wrong with the audio portion. the FLAC files are muxed in there and everything, but .. not sure.. even extracting them leads to some weirdness. SO... I just made two new files with MKV Tools from my source encoded files.. (I left off the color test bars at the beginning this time... hopefully no one cares) I've already uploaded them to mega and I redownloaded them to check to make sure audio plays and skipped through just to make sure it doesn't cut out.

What I don't get is... what the hell took so long for anyone to notice or say anything? Did it really take someone like Leviathant to say something for anyone else to speak up? I'm SUPER surprised that I didn't take a ribbing from NINJaw. :-)

Same link as before, but here it is again for a reminder. https://mega.nz/#F!qV8zAIiC!-HhL-EdwQ40b73lFS7fyAw

Both the x264 and x265 were affected and should be fixed now. The raw file is untouched from the company that dumped it for me, so it should be fine unless 7-zip jacked it up doing the compression. If there's still something messed up... PLEASE let me know and I'll do new encodes from the RAW file again.

When I check it with MediaInfo, it's showing embedded FLAC audio on both mkv files.
    Last edited by kargath; 09-04-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Let me take a look at my source files and download what's in mega and see if something weird happened. I'll edit this post with results

Edit: I downloaded the files from mega and sure enough.. something's wrong with the audio portion. the FLAC files are muxed in there and everything, but .. not sure.. even extracting them leads to some weirdness. SO... I just made two new files with MKV Tools from my source encoded files.. (I left off the color test bars at the beginning this time... hopefully no one cares) I've already uploaded them to mega and I redownloaded them to check to make sure audio plays and skipped through just to make sure it doesn't cut out.

What I don't get is... what the hell took so long for anyone to notice or say anything? Did it really take someone like Leviathant to say something for anyone else to speak up? I'm SUPER surprised that I didn't take a ribbing from NINJaw. :-)

Same link as before, but here it is again for a reminder. https://mega.nz/#F!qV8zAIiC!-HhL-EdwQ40b73lFS7fyAw

Both the x264 and x265 were affected and should be fixed now. The raw file is untouched from the company that dumped it for me, so it should be fine unless 7-zip jacked it up doing the compression. If there's still something messed up... PLEASE let me know and I'll do new encodes from the RAW file again.
    Awesome, thank you! Honestly I was in the same boat as Levi and just assumed my VLC was out of date. I was going to get around to it, you know... eventually.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    As previously mentioned, the "No Shit" version is the same cut as "Hurt (Live)" as posted on the NineInchNailsVEVO YouTube page & the alternate version is titled "Hurt (live) (1995)" as posted on the NINofficial YouTube page.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 09-05-2017 at 01:45 AM. Reason: redundant posting

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I honestly can't believe that no one has ever noticed or pointed out that there are 2 cuts for this video.

Cut 1 - At the beginning, right after the nuke, there is a tight, rotating shot of the decomposing fox. There are no audience member shots in this cut.
    kargath, TDS DualDisc,

Cut 2 - At the beginning, right after the nuke, the decomposing fox is a wide shot showing the whole projection screen. This cut has more shots of Trent and shots of people in the audience. There are a lot of alternate takes too (i.e. Trent singing the same line, but due to his body position, they're obviously from different nights). At the end, it fades out a few seconds sooner than Cut 1.
    Vimeo, , Closure DVD

I reached way into my archives and found a folder called "Old music videos from nin.com". Hurt in there is Cut 1, the same as the TDS DualDisc with the label copyright notice at the end. I want to say that Cut 1 is the first one that came out; the one that originally aired on MTV back in the day. I don't really remember any audience member shots. Presumably kargath's tape is representative of what would have gone out to MTV.

I broke out the VCR to confirm that the Closure VHS has Cut 2 also. As I was fast-forwarding () through the tape, I noticed that the Eraser music video also has the same kind of tracking audience shots as Hurt. So, I think Hurt must have been re-cut for that live segment (Eraser, Hurt, Wish) on Closure. 20 years, and no one noticed there were 2 cuts?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If anybody have audio (preferably tracked) from vevo presents: NIN tension 2013 video uploaded on youtube, can it be shared here?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    If anybody have audio (preferably tracked) from vevo presents: NIN tension 2013 video uploaded on youtube, can it be shared here?
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/r03e0n..._%28AAC%29.zip