Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Archive

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Does anyone have The Gift audio in a lossless format that they can send me? I wanted to download it from This One Is On Us, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. I know the audio from all three shows is on NIN Live, but I'd rather not have to download them all.
    Here you go http://jheberg.net/captcha/nine-inch...he-truth-flac/
    Everybody should have it since it's almost an official rare live release, and of course it's a best of compilation of all three shows. Plz note that's the official release including two shows (it was also about Vegas)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Here you go http://jheberg.net/captcha/nine-inch...he-truth-flac/
    Everybody should have it since it's almost an official rare live release, and of course it's a best of compilation of all three shows. Plz note that's the official release including two shows (it was also about Vegas)
    Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    This is a slightly different question to what I thought I'd be asking. Back when Closure DVD leaked, I downloaded the dual disc DVD version and burnt it, because my desire at the time was to have physical archives. My needs have now changed, and I'd prefer to maintain digital archives instead. I thought that there were simultaneous digital (xvid or whatever) versions released but I now see that they are rips from the DVD ISOs. My question would have been, which is the better quality, the XVID or the ISO? But I guess the answer is clearly the ISO. So instead my question is (and the answer of course would be subjective) is there an acceptable quality rip/transcode floating around for personal archiving purposes, its been 10 years (wow time flies), are godisvoid's DIVX rips still the "state of the art" or should I seek something else (or handbrake something better myself)? Thanks!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Is it bad form for me to ask you guys about tool bootlegs?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    ...is there an acceptable quality rip/transcode floating around...
    have you tried vimeo?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Is it bad form for me to ask you guys about tool bootlegs?
    No, I want to know about Tool boots too

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    No, I want to know about Tool boots too
    well who knows which one is the good one and how to get hold of it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Somebody needs to do a tool drive type torrent thing, I have maybe 20 or so Tool bootlegs, but I know there are many many more out there.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    This is a slightly different question to what I thought I'd be asking. Back when Closure DVD leaked, I downloaded the dual disc DVD version and burnt it, because my desire at the time was to have physical archives. My needs have now changed, and I'd prefer to maintain digital archives instead. I thought that there were simultaneous digital (xvid or whatever) versions released but I now see that they are rips from the DVD ISOs. My question would have been, which is the better quality, the XVID or the ISO? But I guess the answer is clearly the ISO. So instead my question is (and the answer of course would be subjective) is there an acceptable quality rip/transcode floating around for personal archiving purposes, its been 10 years (wow time flies), are godisvoid's DIVX rips still the "state of the art" or should I seek something else (or handbrake something better myself)? Thanks!
    DivX is long time dead, as MPEG2, H264 is just everywhere. It's the best codec around there so .... I shouldn't say it since my xvid rip is popular, but yes the official huge mp4 offered on vimeo is an excellent version.

But what kind of question is that ? you absolutly dont need to transcode anything since you can create in a blink, a perfect copy into Mpeg2/AC3 MKV with usual tools (DVDFab) that way you will have chapters in a higher bitrate than vimeo, but yes it will be more huge (same size than iso obviously)

Last thing, iso a very common thing since it can now be played into vlc, kodi, some bluray players (Dune HD max) and it's even back into PowerDVD... if you keep the iso you will keep the very rare and cool menus, and that's the only way to do it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Downloading and keeping the original ISO is the absolute best quality. Any transcode, there will technically be some quality loss by definition, though it may be imperceptible. Convenience sometimes trumps (imperceptible) quality loss, and ISO is not the easiest format to transport and playback, so I can understand the desire for modern digital files.

As ninjaw says, any transcodes from back then are technologically obsolete. Your best bet is to just redownload the ISO's and make your own rip, using something like Handbrake to create a new rip using either H.264 or H.265 to encode it. You'll get better quality and smaller file sizes, with convenience of the digital files.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    You could also download it from the official Nine Inch Nails Vimeo channel, though it's definitely more compressed than the DVD version:

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Thank you folks. I realise that any downsample from the ISO will not be of the same quality from an archival perspective. I might just store the 9G as I'm not short of space on my NAS; and/or might make sure it gets onto archive.org. I fancied a transcode for convenience of playing, really. For that, the Vimeo is probably fine.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Somebody needs to do a tool drive type torrent thing, I have maybe 20 or so Tool bootlegs, but I know there are many many more out there.
    I know off topic, but ask and you shall receive. http://tooldriveproject.net/

I wanted to run the drive like that. Where there were master clones of the drive around the world. But it seemed too much hassle trying to keep everyone's drive in uniform. That's why I am the only one with the NIN master drive. I know what the edits are, and what has been added/removed from the drive and don't have to update x amount of people when I have made changes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am looking from the artwork that was available in andallthatcouldhavebeen.com, does somebody have it ?

http://www.nin.wiki/Andallthatcouldhavebeen.com

I am wondering if the images in the menu of DVDs were available.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    I am looking from the artwork that was available in andallthatcouldhavebeen.com, does somebody have it ?

http://www.nin.wiki/Andallthatcouldhavebeen.com

I am wondering if the images in the menu of DVDs were available.
    Maybe you can find it here - http://nindestruct.com/nincom.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickamongthepure View Post
    Maybe you can find it here - http://nindestruct.com/nincom.html
    Oh yeah thanks !

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Here is the 5.1 mix of "A Minute to Breathe" from the 1080 WebRip (extracted with MKV toolnix), I kept the last two words of Leo (out of luck as I just cut the video a few seconds before the beginning of the end credits as a safety, so we're sure the version is complete).

https://mega.nz/#!5YFHTACZ!0pFeUVeeo...WLz9UyCAZVb8d8

Please re-upload it some place else insteazd of copy-paste this link if you want to share this outside the forum.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    what webrip is that ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Before.the.Flood.2016.DOCU.1080.WEBRip.DD5.1-FGT.mkv

Taken from RLSBB.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by totom View Post
    Before.the.Flood.2016.DOCU.1080.WEBRip.DD5.1-FGT.mkv
    Taken from RLSBB.
    TU,FYI size is twice smaller than dailymotion stereo... maybe someone should mix both

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Weird, it's AC3 640 kbps, maybe Dailymotion broadcast it with a LPCM audio track.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Dailymotion is 6000kbps, I doubt everything is on the audio part...question is, can we mix ac3 23.90fps with H264 25fps ? I mean MUX, nothing else destructive... I will try, got some powerful tools bt I know the answer is uncertain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MKV toolnix does the trick perfectly i think.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    MKV toolnix does the trick perfectly i think.
    I'm not sure that sound will be synched until the end

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    True... More complex then.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You need an editor like Audition or Audacity. I'll try to rip dailymotion, I only managed to rip YT before getting this other rip.

I suspect this could be a 6000 kbps video with a lower bit rate audio track, not more than 192k or 256k aac.
    Last edited by totom; 11-04-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rip dailymotion ? HURRY !
    So I tried.... It kinda works ! it unsynch from the start, very few, and you have about 1.5 to 2sec at the end. It may suit crazy people.... it does work very well for subs, I extracted english subs from the 5.1 release, and now I got Eng+Fre+Tur subs
    Also 6000kbps was for video only ! that dailymotion video is really huge.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, Jdownloader is specifying audio track is only M4A 128k (why can't such a high bitrate video couldn't be associated with a lower quality audio track? Everything is possible, it's like having horrible fries aside a great and tasty piece of meat). BTW, JD won't download the video anyway so, in case you want to check that audio track, just use MKVmerge then an MKV Extract GUI2 to get the audio from your Dailymotion rip. That's how I usually proceed to rip audio track from a youtube/dailymotion rip.

EDIT: lucky for you CapTVty seems to do the trick.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So, I ripped the dailymotion video, do you want me to make a MKV version with 2 audio tracks plus all the subtitles available? Some kind of "hyper quality" rip?

I know mkv merge can set up any track with a time shift so it's no problem I guess. I just need to figure out the offset (easy too).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by totom View Post
    So, I ripped the dailymotion video, do you want me to make a MKV version with 2 audio tracks plus all the subtitles available? Some kind of "hyper quality" rip?
    I know mkv merge can set up any track with a time shift so it's no problem I guess. I just need to figure out the offset (easy too).
    No,as i say I did it and it is not working I think it s possible to do a dual language french dub+sub version since all french sources are 25fps