Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The shows have bee well received (by fans and critics) and Axl sounds fine. I would like to hear some deep cuts from UYI, but the 3 hour setlist is otherwise pretty awesome and they play all the hits and fan-favorite deep cuts.
    Axl sounds like shit. His pitchis way off sometimes, he jas lost his mid range ans the mickey mouse voice just doesn't make it.

Yeah, watching/listening to Coma is exciting... until Axl has to sing it.

The light show/videos on the bog screen are dated and tacky as hell (the eye, the dancing women, the car races...). It's just nostalgia without anything else to back it up.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Axl sounds like shit. His pitchis way off sometimes, he jas lost his mid range ans the mickey mouse voice just doesn't make it.

Yeah, watching/listening to Coma is exciting... until Axl has to sing it.

The light show/videos on the bog screen are dated and tacky as hell (the eye, the dancing women, the car races...). It's just nostalgia without anything else to back it up.
    Nein.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    The light show/videos on the bog screen are dated and tacky as hell (the eye, the dancing women, the car races...).
    i'll give you this, the actual stage show/production is very weak.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Axl made an appearance at Billy Joel's show last night, sharing the vocals on AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" and Joel's "Big Shot".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Best quality footage I could find of GN'R playing "Black Hole Sun."

Anyone going to see them on this leg of the tour? I'm going to the Boston show.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Axl sounds awful.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I had no idea they were touring again, much less stadiums.

Went on TM to look at available seats. They're are plenty of them including their arena gigs. The nostalgia must've worn off after the first tour wave.

EDIT: lol @ $2K Paradise VIP seats.
    Last edited by Krazy; 06-03-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I had no idea they were touring again, much less stadiums.

Went on TM to look at available seats. They're are plenty of them including their arena gigs. The nostalgia must've worn off after the first tour wave.

EDIT: lol @ $2K Paradise VIP seats.
    Expensive, but I'd be surprised if they don't sell out their shows. Last time they came to the Boston area they did two shows at Gillette Stadium, this time around they are playing the Gaaden.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'll go when a slew of free tix become available at the last minute to just paper the house, just like what happened at last year's Metlife Stadiums shows. This will be no different.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Seriously. One can go look at arena shows in Boston and Chicago to see all the seats available. For a good laugh look at the stadium in Little Rock. On top of that can't believe what they're asking for their seats price wise.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Seriously. One can go look at arena shows in Boston and Chicago to see all the seats available. For a good laugh look at the stadium in Little Rock. On top of that can't believe what they're asking for their seats price wise.
    Handful of seats left in Boston. The decent seats are in the $250 range, and that's before surcharges. It will eventually sellout and the tour will make money. Still, prices are steep.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I'll go when a slew of free tix become available at the last minute to just paper the house, just like what happened at last year's Metlife Stadiums shows. This will be no different.
    If it's an arena show you go to, I wouldn't expect a slew of free tickets. 18k is different than 60k.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    This is definitely more than a "handful". And I can't believe they're charging $250 for lower bowl, holy shit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With those prices the name of tour takes on a whole new meaning.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This is definitely more than a "handful". And I can't believe they're charging $250 for lower bowl, holy shit.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Yeah, honestly I thought the tickets would go faster. Still, the show is four months away and they are expensive. Don't know if they will lower the prices closer to showtime. I'm seeing Don Henley at the Pavilion in Boston on Tuesday, a much smaller venue and that isn't even sold out. Bought two tickets--$20.00 a piece.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    @RhettButler the shows are not selling well right now, which is a bad sign. It's going to require alot of effort from TM & the promoter to get the place filled. Id expect the Wednesday show at MSG to do ok, but the Sunday show is going to be a tough sell for their older crowd that mostly do not live anywhere near Manhattan. Plus, look at all those open dates all throughout the tour! They are going to add even more competing shows in or near the same markets. I think they got a little too greedy with this second tour, part. b/c it's built purely on nostalgia, has no forward motion in terms of being an actual band that makes music, etc.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    @RhettButler the shows are not selling well right now, which is a bad sign. It's going to require alot of effort from TM & the promoter to get the place filled. Id expect the Wednesday show at MSG to do ok, but the Sunday show is going to be a tough sell for their older crowd that mostly do not live anywhere near Manhattan. Plus, look at all those open dates all throughout the tour! They are going to add even more competing shows in or near the same markets. I think they got a little too greedy with this second tour, part. b/c it's built purely on nostalgia, has no forward motion in terms of being an actual band that makes music, etc.
    The prices are outrageous. I'm a pretty big fan, but would not spend more than what I did for a ticket, which was $120.00. Still, I expect the shows to be well attended. Even Metallica had to give away some tickets, according to one friend's post on facebook.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fortus said: “We haven’t started recording anything, when I say that, as far as in the studio doing an album. We’ve been recording a lot of stuff, just ideas, assembling ideas, but not going into a studio and actually tracking a new record.”

He added: “It’s sort of too good not to happen at this point, that’s how I feel about it. This band is really a force right now, and I definitely hope that we do, and I think we’re all sort of counting on it, and we’re also planning on it.”

The guitarist went on to praise frontman Axl Rose’s songwriting skills, saying: “I think the genius of Axl is his ability to assemble songs, from different parts, and make them feel cohesive as a song. I’ve never seen anybody able to do that in the same way.”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n...-album-2084242

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    saw them @ Dodger Stadium last year and it was a great show, I'll gladly pay below-face to see them again this year.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Fortus said: “We haven’t started recording anything, when I say that, as far as in the studio doing an album. We’ve been recording a lot of stuff, just ideas, assembling ideas, but not going into a studio and actually tracking a new record.”

He added: “It’s sort of too good not to happen at this point, that’s how I feel about it. This band is really a force right now, and I definitely hope that we do, and I think we’re all sort of counting on it, and we’re also planning on it.”

The guitarist went on to praise frontman Axl Rose’s songwriting skills, saying: “I think the genius of Axl is his ability to assemble songs, from different parts, and make them feel cohesive as a song. I’ve never seen anybody able to do that in the same way.”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n...-album-2084242
    Same line every year.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Axl N' Tom Jones party until 6:00 AM.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/20/sir-to...aints-6721854/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Playing the Apollo Theater for SiriusXM. Those shows are always a good look for everyone involved. Good luck getting in.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Axl N' Tom Jones party until 6:00 AM.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/20/sir-to...aints-6721854/
    Wow, what else Tom Jones couldn't do?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Playing the Apollo Theater for SiriusXM. Those shows are always a good look for everyone involved. Good luck getting in.
    They're getting their own channel, for some reason.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They will either sell it out or get pretty close to it. I, for one, cannot wait to see them at the Garden again (last time was like 2003 or something with Buckethead). Axl has never disappointed me live. Always got my money's worth.

If it's an arena show you go to, I wouldn't expect a slew of free tickets. 18k is different than 60k.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll be seeing them in El paso I'm fairly hyped. They were the first band I got really into when I was a kid and even though it's obviously not the same as it once was i think it'll be pretty cool to at least partially fulfill my childhood dream of seeing the original line up live. I don't really listen to them much any more as my tastes have changed so much over the years but it's been kinda fun going back in time a bit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    I'll be seeing them in El paso I'm fairly hyped. They were the first band I got really into when I was a kid and even though it's obviously not the same as it once was i think it'll be pretty cool to at least partially fulfill my childhood dream of seeing the original line up live. I don't really listen to them much any more as my tastes have changed so much over the years but it's been kinda fun going back in time a bit
    You will have a great time. They sound excellent and Axl sounds pretty darn good for a guy who is over 55 years old and performing marathon tours. It is a great show, I cannot wait to see them again this fall.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pink joined GN'R last night:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    way, way too many covers. They've added even more since last year. Yes these 3 hour shows are alot of bang for your buck, but people are there for GnR. I dunno, hearing stale, beaten to death songs like Wish You Were Here would drive me nuts.

- Live & Let Die (this is fine for obvious reasons)
    - New Rose (this is fine for obvious reasons)
    - Speak Softly Love (Godfather Theme)
    - Wichita Lineman
    - Wish You Were Here
    - Black Hole Sun (cringe)
    - Knockin' On Heavens Door (also fine)
    - The Seeker