Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The little things that scare/depress you.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Kanye West is married and I'm still single... That depresses the everloving fuck out of me.
    My therapist suggested that I read this book on relationships. One of the chapter titles went something like this: Everyone is married the second time around and I haven't been on the first date. Fuuuuuuuuuck. I feel your pain.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Kanye West is married and I'm still single... That depresses the everloving fuck out of me.
    Um ah, am I stating the obvious here or do you want to be married to Kim Kardashian? If anything, to me, this marriage proves that marriage is a farce to many.

Alzheimer's, that scares/depresses me.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Realizing how wrong I was, and remembering most of my blunders, and seeing how many mistakes I've made in life. Being in a position where I can't rectify any problems or undo any wrongs. I know I'm also repeating myself again, but I finally found the exact words I wanted to use to express this point. It really is scary and depressing as it's definitely one of those things that makes me want to run and hide.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    My therapist suggested that I read this book on relationships. One of the chapter titles went something like this: Everyone is married the second time around and I haven't been on the first date. Fuuuuuuuuuck. I feel your pain.
    Don't worry, we'll find the right one eventually. *Hugs* There's someone out there for everyone; we've just got to keep looking.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Um ah, am I stating the obvious here or do you want to be married to Kim Kardashian? If anything, to me, this marriage proves that marriage is a farce to many.
    Uh, no, I most assuredly don't want to be married to Kim Kardashian. I was just raising the point that he's married, not who he's married to.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Speeding vehicles in heavy traffic.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I have an art project I've barely touched, but I'm so swamped with work and other stuff that I don't know if I'll ever get it done. It depresses me that I've been avoiding it. I really need a little discipline to just start the thing when I have down time. I know when I start doing it I'll work on it for the rest of the day. I just have to start the damn thing instead of vegging.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Sometimes it happens to me on Facebook. I'll understand if that doesn't make any sense to some of you, but I'm sometimes subjected to feeling bummed out and out of place on Facebook. It's also one of the several reasons as to why I've always had an on and off relationship with it. This isn't to say that it's Facebook's fault though, as I'm aware that Facebook itself isn't to blame.

I don't think I've ever felt that on Twitter though, but then again, Twitter seems to be a lot more impersonal to start with. I've also had an on and off relationship with Twitter, but for different reasons.

I've been this way with social media since Xanga in mid 2002. This also happened to me on Xanga and Myspace.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-17-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Neuropathy sucks. As the years go on, it makes things I love doing, like Chicago Comic Con, much harder.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Neuropathy sucks. As the years go on, it makes things I love doing, like Chicago Comic Con, much harder.
    i'm really sorry that you suffer from that, man.

i have a good friend who says that it is HELL...he can't feel his feet anymore.

for me, my friends dying is fucking tearing me up.
    it's at least one a year now, and i'm talking CLOSE friends.

part of it has to do with the fact that a LOT of my friends are junkies.
    my friend elizabeth was a junky who had been clean. she killed herself, but she relapsed right before she did it.
    i've been super close with her for 17 years.

that being said, my friend shannon is dying in the hospital and it ISN'T drug related.

sigh. i hate this shit. the scary thing is it's starting to become the norm.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-22-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When strangers talk to me in real life. It's even worse with the trust issues I have. It also seems to be at its worst when it's as if they're sneaking up behind you making noises and shouting. And in some, or even most cases, I also don't find myself trusting loud people in real life all that much either. They usually came across as rude and aggressive instigators to me, or they sometimes even were actually rude and aggressive.

I also apologize in advance for the generalizations and this display, as I'm sure that not every single stranger or loud speaker is like that, but I was just reminded as to how much these things scare me. That's why I also made sure to use words such as some and most.

But yes, it just scared me recently. I need to work on this fear, as it sometimes doesn't make any sense, that is to say, aside from perhaps the context my overall history, experience and memories with bullying and receiving threats which I hope are actually some valid exceptions. I also just felt like venting it out here, as this seemed to be the only right thread to do it.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-27-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just found out someone that i posted in a forum and went to high school with years ago although never knew very well (thank fuck) is now fighting for ISIS.

Really caught me off guard, i was like WTF?! i actually had to go through an old high school yearbook just to double check and sure enough it's the same dude. Shit is crazy.

Definitely scary to think that this guy is aligned with people that cut other people's heads off.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I just found out someone that i posted in a forum and went to high school with years ago although never knew very well (thank fuck) is now fighting for ISIS.

Really caught me off guard, i was like WTF?! i actually had to go through an old high school yearbook just to double check and sure enough it's the same dude. Shit is crazy.

Definitely scary to think that this guy is aligned with people that cut other people's heads off.
    that's fucking nuts

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This would seem more like an epic fear, as flight provides an epic view, but yes... I still have a tremendous fear of flying. I'm actually able to get over it from time to time, but it has always scared me on some level. The same also goes for riding boats of any kind.

I also still find it interesting to see how expressing happiness and anger seems to be considered more normal and acceptable than expressing sadness and fear. Or so it seems.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-18-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Definitely family getting ill. My parents are elderly now and I live with Dad and my mum and sister live in the Caribbean. Healthcare in the Caribbean is not great and my mum and sister both have health problems. Just found out last week one of my uncle's had a heart op and another one is very ill. Tough times.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    For quite some time... receiving "New post quotes" without "Likes" in my notifications... as I currently interpret that as, "What in the fuck did I say this time?" in most cases based on experience.

-Edit-

Being awake at night for extended periods of time whenever I'm in a sad/bored/empty mood, as my mind tends to wander a lot more than usual, which ultimately leads to more depression, emptiness and loneliness. However, when I'm in a good mood, I just doze off.

I'm still also coping with being called boring. It sometimes ranks up there with being called stupid and a piece of shit.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-29-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I live with my 92 year old granny who has Alzheimer's disease. She fell last week and ever since Christmas, she has been hallucinating and not doing so well. On top of that, she has been under the weather too, which I think, compounds things. She literally just came into the living room to yell at me for the horrible job I did to her ceiling in her room. In her mind, I must have written all over the ceiling. I love my granny and I don't want to think this is the beginning of the end for her. This is tough.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I keep telling myself the world has gone to shit, but maybe it's that I've become an adult and have never really payed close enough attention to the news to realize the world has always been this chaotic. Which is it?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    are you guys familiar with the Elisa Lam case?
    this is the scariest thing i've ever seen/heard.

seriously...what in the fucking fuck?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The court battle I am getting ready to face for full custody. I hate to hurt my ex-husband because I still love him and wish he wouldn't force my hand by making irresponsible choices with our children.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I suffer from a softer form of depression, not really close to clinical but it ebbs and flows. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, but most of the time I'm fine. I've been learning to deal with it as I get older, and it doesn't get to me as much these days, but some days the circumstances of the world just work against you too much and it comes back. Stress is the no. 1 trigger of it for me, and about a week ago when trying to do work on the job and handle some personal business with family while struggling through a bad flu really got me down and its still with me a bit. It sucks, it always sucks, and will always suck but I live through it. Its all you can do.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    are you guys familiar with the Elisa Lam case?
    this is the scariest thing i've ever seen/heard.

seriously...what in the fucking fuck?!

this is insane. i'm completely fascinated by this hotel/hostel now. next time i'm in l.a. (during the daytime in that area or adjacent skid row), i'm taking the metro and snapping some photos, maybe check out the lobby.

such a sordid past. i could never stay at such a place, but only because they (no shit) have NO heating or a.c.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    My fear of drowning and heights has driven me to want to avoid deep bodies of water and high places as much as possible. I can also see how that can get in the way of a lot of people's vacation preferences when traveling, while being very limiting them but for me, I'd rather just settle for flat, dry land at all times. The majority of my family actual enjoys swimming, riding on boats and visiting high places like mountains. I have actually drowned before as well. And at best, I'd hope to at least learn swimming just for the sake of survival. On the other hand, I also feel like even if I knew how to swim very well, my fear of drowning would still be there anyway. It probably wouldn't be as bad as it is now, but it most likely wouldn't just go away altogether.

On a slightly lighter note, I suppose this also gets me to cringe, but also understand that there are people on other parts of the world that would also cringe at the toilet seat too, especially from what I've read on that site, which thankfully gave me a better understanding of it. From what I've also experienced, the toilets in some parts and places of the Philippines also don't have any covers and seats. Some of them also need water poured down them as means to become flushed. They also don't put toilet paper in their public bathrooms because it'll just end up getting stolen.

I get what it's saying too, but yeah, I'm just too used to the type of bathroom I grew up with.

http://toilet-guru.com/seatless.php
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-01-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My fear is losing my independence. I cannot stand to depend on anyone else. I am the one others depend on. This fact renders me completely unmarriageable. I love freedom soooo much. I love taking the lead in every aspect and managing the household, my career, where I go, and how I get there without interference from anyone. It feels amazing! My sister called me a "control freak" after my divorce from a very lengthy marriage and maybe I am but, I love having that "take charge" mentality and the results from it. It's like I am recovering from arrested development.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Today, one of our dogs turned 14 years old. That's pretty impressive for a golden retriever. Unfortunately, for a while now, she's had a growing tumor on her side, though it never appeared to cause any problems until this morning, when the growth on suddenly burst, spilling blood all over the house. Luckily, my mom and I were there (had this been later in the day, one or both of us might have been out of the house), and we hurried her into the car and over to the vet, which is just two blocks away. She's spending the night there, and we'll pick her up tomorrow, when she'll be partially shaved and wrapped in bandages that will need to be watched carefully on a daily basis to prevent this from happening again.

Needless to say, even though she'll come out of this more or less okay, we all know she's near her end - it's just a question of when she'll truly start to suffer and we'll have to put her own.

She was supposed to be doted with extra treats and loving on this special birthday. Instead she's spending the night at the pet hospital.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Being around people that incessantly have a toxic tendency to instigate turn anything and everything into a perpetual contest/competition and/or debate/argument.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-03-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Being around people that incessantly have a toxic tendency to instigate turn anything and everything into a perpetual contest/competition and/or debate/argument.
    i have a co-worker who THRIVES on the shit you mentioned. everything that comes out of his mouth is complete vitriol about fellow co-workers, owners, clients... he has no friends or allies at the shop (or prolly in life) because he runs out of both sides of his mouth and can't / doesn't even try to keep up with his shit stirring lies. his days are truly numbered. he's getting worse and more careless.

don't worry @Kris , pigs get what pigs deserve!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    i have a co-worker who THRIVES on the shit you mentioned. everything that comes out of his mouth is complete vitriol about fellow co-workers, owners, clients... he has no friends or allies at the shop (or prolly in life) because he runs out of both sides of his mouth and can't / doesn't even try to keep up with his shit stirring lies. his days are truly numbered. he's getting worse and more careless.

don't worry @Kris , pigs get what pigs deserve!
    Pretty sure this was a big reason I got canned from my last job. What's worse I go in on Sundays fit service industry night, %50 off drinks, and this grinfucker talks, I'm sure the same he talked about me, about most everyone else. I'm got a good fuck you smile so I name but really I'm just there for cheap drinks and Internet's to get my shows for the week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Pretty sure this was a big reason I got canned from my last job. What's worse I go in on Sundays fit service industry night, %50 off drinks, and this grinfucker talks, I'm sure the same he talked about me, about most everyone else. I'm got a good fuck you smile so I name but really I'm just there for cheap drinks and Internet's to get my shows for the week.
    oh! you're a sinner
    bank on the fact he talked the same about you! he's seemingly miserable and you're seemingly not, so it's cool. everything is everything.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I know he did even after I was gone. Never once to my face though. Here's not a bad dude I guess but still yeah fuck him. I'll drinks his shots he buys.