Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phil Anselmo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Phil Anselmo

Here are a couple clips from his new solo album: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_srch...search-type=ss
    Sounds extreme as fuck! I am glad him and Newsted are showing these kids how its done!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    although i am a fan of more extreme metal, i always thought pantera was great and trendkill really pushed their sound in the right direction. too bad they had so much drama and such a tragic end. this sounds very promising. looking forward to the full-length.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fucking sweet!!! I am going to see Down Jan 11th out here in Houston with Warbeast. I hope they play some of this shit, sounds killer!!! On stage Phil is back to the old Phil that I remember from the Far Beyond Driven Days. Last few shows I have seen, I thought to myself... "If they were to cover just one Pantera song... just one, the walls would come down in this place". Oh well, maybe one day.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    anyone remember that southern isolation track that was floating about?

Also come on phil, FINISH YOUR BOOK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    anyone remember that southern isolation track that was floating about?

Also come on phil, FINISH YOUR BOOK
    I do, you can still find the 2? songs on teh youtube i believe. Haven't listened to these tracks yet but as well hope to Down on the 28th if i can find a ride.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have the entire Southern Isolation EP on my other desktop computer. Worth an upload for you guys?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    no comment nudge nudge wink wink

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Not to get this too far off topic, but is anybody with me in thinking that "Big Ross" listed in the credits for TGSTK (for the keyboards on Hells Wrath and Suicide Note Pt. 1) , is actually TR? I know Phil and Trent recorded the Vox for this album together at Nothing Studios with Sean Beavan and Brian Pollack, and that Trent has claimed he has uncredited songwriting credits on this album. The synth work on those tracks sound like something Trent would do, and i could see him just using a pen name to avoid label hassle (Big Ross appears courtesy of himself). Also, Phils' call and response vocal style on this album, is unlike anything on any of Panteras other records (reminds me of some of the vocals deliveries on Niggy Tardust.)

Thoughts or input? Its been awhile since ive even thought of this, so i dont know if any info has surfaced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    interesting theory but I believe Big Ross is Ross Karpelman

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Say what?????

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    "Trent has claimed he has uncredited songwriting credits on this album."
    I have searched long and hard (about 5 minutes on google) for any info backing up this claim and can find nothing. I want it to be true! It is my favorite PanterA album or all time! Care to share a reference? I badly want for this to be true! Has anyone heard the full lengths of the Anselmo solo tracks? It comes out the 8th and still no leak? PM me! I already preordered the vinyl and cd version!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    *In a Phil voice* Upload that shit Space!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Got em...

and

Sounds somewhere between Superjoint Ritual and PanterA. I am glad to see pissed off Phil back!

P.S. I put some a recording of me yelling, "BUY THIS!!!!!" at the first of one of the songs and the end of the other. I just did it so people would.....uh.....buy it!
    Last edited by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY; 01-08-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    out July 16th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm much more excited about the the remaining Down EPs to be released. This sounds more like Superjoint Ritual to me, and I just always thought the doomy southern blues thing worked so much better as his post-Pantera sound.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I heard the single from from that album on Sirius XM earlier. Family, "Friends" and Associates. Wasn't bad either.

I too also favor and want more Down though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Another new song: The kids of metal need to listen and learn from Grandpa Phil!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Phil Anselmo

Whatever happens to those far beyond driven goodies?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Whatever happens to those far beyond driven goodies?
    They were never PM'd to me so no clue. Anyone?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I still have them. I can't find my pro tools disk to open the actual file. Here is an alternate take to "The Becoming" to show that I am not bullshitting. http://soundcloud.com/sirlondonclean...-comedic-vocal and here is the drunken after album track: http://soundcloud.com/sirlondonclean...one-car-family
    Last edited by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY; 05-13-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just preordered 3 copies of the splatter vinyl (limited to 300) and I am getting 1 of them signed. I am not really wondering about the other 2 as I have V.I.P. tickets to the Housecore Horror Filmfest in october so I should be able to get some stuff signed then. I wonder what Phil is going to say when I hand him Power Metal to sign?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    hopefully he will let out a falsetto scream

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not likely man, sorry to let you down!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This rules.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Not to get this too far off topic, but is anybody with me in thinking that "Big Ross" listed in the credits for TGSTK (for the keyboards on Hells Wrath and Suicide Note Pt. 1) , is actually TR? I know Phil and Trent recorded the Vox for this album together at Nothing Studios with Sean Beavan and Brian Pollack, and that Trent has claimed he has uncredited songwriting credits on this album. The synth work on those tracks sound like something Trent would do, and i could see him just using a pen name to avoid label hassle (Big Ross appears courtesy of himself). Also, Phils' call and response vocal style on this album, is unlike anything on any of Panteras other records (reminds me of some of the vocals deliveries on Niggy Tardust.)

Thoughts or input? Its been awhile since ive even thought of this, so i dont know if any info has surfaced.
    IMO the synths on suicide note and the mixing of floods are very trentish (listen to the outro and tell me you don't get a whiff of fragile era nin). Pure speculation but relations within pantera were on the ropes, they hadn't written much in a while, and phil was in terrible shape at the time with drugs, booze and his back, and NIN/Pantera have always been good mates (dime had a "fixed" tshirt he wore a lot, phil shaved NIN into his head once and there's a funny video of TR and vinnie extremely drunk), maybe TR thought he'd help them out a bit

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Phil Anselmo

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

This rules.
    Holy shit, that is fucking amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not a bad song and a funny video. The breakdown around the 1:00 mark owns.

I've always loved his voice. Superjoint, Pantera, Down, etc. It's so unique and gravely. He has a huge range too, not that it's so evident these days though.

Also, I just had a look see and the album is out there as of today....
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-09-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Its true what they say that he doesn't age at all. A little chunky, but thats just old man fat.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The whole album is so freaking great! I can't wait to get the limited edition vinyls I ordered in! I even got one of them signed!!! "The Kid" delivers!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=siPXcrOuS1Y Phil and The Illegals have been busting out quite a few PanterA covers on their first tour. I can't wait to seen them October at the Housecore Horror Festival!!!