Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Post.Rock/Metal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post.Rock/Metal

On the old ETS someone posted this thread and I remember, without knowing what it was, I got all pissy about pretentious sounding genre tags... Now for the past two (three? four?) years it's ~80% of what I listen to. With such a huge pool of artists, well-known and obscure, this thread was a great resource for me in discovering great music.

My favorite label A Tenderversion Recording has had a few great releases this year.

Mire Kay
    September Malevolence - Our Withers Unwrung
    Scraps of Tape - Resident Flux
    Solander - Passing Mt. Satu

And another favorite release from this year,

I'll try to keep posting good music here as I'm listening to it, there's so many amazing bands that don't get enough attention.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New album from God is an Astronaut out Sept 16th!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just an FYI, the amazing band MONO from Japan have all of their albums on sale at the moment.

Signed CDs $9.99
    Signed Double LPs $14.99

Not bad deals at all for the vinyl…considering vinyl prices now-a-days and they are all autographed by the band.

http://monoofjapan.bandcamp.com/merch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been checking out some new artists lately and gotta say that North Atlantic Drift is some good editing music.

http://northatlanticdrift.bandcamp.com

They are very much like the Nashville band Hammock.

And I've also had a recent binge with This Will Destroy You. I've always been a fan and have owned every album but I just recently became full blown obsessed. Tunnel Blanket may just be a perfect album IMO.

And their 2xLP Live From Reykjavik is AMAZING.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pre-Order for the new Caspian record is up.

2xLP White vinyl or limited 2xLP 180g Black vinyl (Pre-order exclusive limited to 400)
    http://smarturl.it/CSPNDDPRE

Dust and Disquiet, will be released September 25. It was recorded in Boston at Q Division Studios last March and co-produced with Matt Bayles. Here is the tracklisting:

1. Separation No. 2
    2. Ríoseco
    3. Arcs of Command
    4. Echo and Abyss
    5. Run Dry
    6. Equal Night
    7. Sad Heart of Mine
    8. Darkfield
    9. Aeternum Vale
    10. Dust and Disquiet

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

My buddy just recently showed me this and I'm already in love. It's perhaps a bit more of the jazzy side but still absolutely gorgeous!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    not sure why this thread hasn't gotten more love.

anyway, my friend/bandmate is interviewing Caspian today for AudioTree, i'll post the interview when it's up!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alone and unaware, the landscape was transformed in front of our eyes. Buildings began to stretch wide across the sky, and the air filled with a reddish glow. The soundless dawn came alive as cities began to mark the horizon. Mechanical sounds cascaded through the city walls and everyone reveled in their ignorance. A brief moment of clarity broke through the deafening hum, but it was too late. Our happiest days slowly began to turn into dust. The Sixth Extinction crept up slowly, like sunlight through the shutters, as we looked back in regret.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Alone and unaware, the landscape was transformed in front of our eyes. Buildings began to stretch wide across the sky, and the air filled with a reddish glow. The soundless dawn came alive as cities began to mark the horizon. Mechanical sounds cascaded through the city walls and everyone reveled in their ignorance. A brief moment of clarity broke through the deafening hum, but it was too late. Our happiest days slowly began to turn into dust. The Sixth Extinction crept up slowly, like sunlight through the shutters, as we looked back in regret.
    I saw the sky in the North open to the ground and fire poured out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    anyway, my friend/bandmate is interviewing Caspian today for AudioTree, i'll post the interview when it's up!
    http://audiotree.tv/session/caspian-session-2/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Summoning the fans of Bossk to help me identifying these two songs:

and