Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Rebel and a Basketcase

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Rebel and a Basketcase

Just to be 100% up front and honest in the interest of full disclosure, I met Evan Rachel Wood a few times on Marilyn Manson's Rape of the World Tour. She was an ABSOLUTE sweetheart and I heard NOTHING but AMAZING things about her.

I also found her on fb after she broke my hero's heart and told her how excited I was about her upcoming role on "Westworld" for HBO. (Especially because of that Westworld-themed A.P. photoshoot Manson did for Mechanical Animals back in the day, but I didn't mention that part.) I figured just admitting to being an ERW/MM/Michael Crichton fan was laying it on heavily enough, lol. She never wrote back so it's not like we're BFFs or anything is my point.

Anyway, she's a MILF in a band now!

And OMFG I FUCKING LOVE IT SO FUCKING MUCH.

Here's her debut single and video! The lyrics aren't really anywhere online but I'm on a transcription jag and JAMMING THE FUCK OUT to this shit tonight so FUCK IT.

Pretty sure they're DEAD ON.

OH, YEAH

why can't I just be me?
    never young, in love, and free
    everything's been done before
    why can't you open up the door?

OH, YEAH

you're stuck on me, don't try to pose
    to be like you and one of those
    you have to brag, your lips are full
    if you got the cash you got the pull

WHY CAN'T I JUST BE ME?

OH, YEAH

can you know, no reason to doubt
    you'll be there to catch me when I fall
    we may not have the code
    you and I, we can solve it all

WE CAN SOLVE IT ALL

OH, YEAH

WHY CAN'T I JUST BE ME?

OH, YEAH

WHY CAN'T I JUST --

Last edited by Hazekiah; 07-17-2016 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I like that song and I like what Evan is doing. I saw a clip of their show and she also plays bass and keyboards in her act as it's a mixture of cabaret and pop. I like it. Evan is part of my acting version of THE BULLET CLUB (also featuring Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Jena Malone, Anne Hathway, Ellen Page, and Olivia Thirlby).