Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Is this the life we really want_" (smile) is like listening to a remix album - but good remixes, VERY good. All the echoed words, radio hum, dogs barking, spoken poetry, recurring themes... I'm not complaining, it's all good. And for example, I keep hearing drums from "The Greater Good" (Year Zero) all the time. :-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure Roger wrote The Wall album about me.
    How the hell he knew me so well, and years before I was even born?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm looking for a lossless rip of Interstellar Overdrive (2017 RSD release).
    If you have one or know where to find one, please PM me!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I'm looking for a lossless rip of Interstellar Overdrive (2017 RSD release).
    If you have one or know where to find one, please PM me!
    I've read that it's the same digital transfer from the San Francisco film that appears on notable bootleg compilation "A Tree Full of Secrets", pressed to vinyl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone know how much the official tour poster is going for at the shows?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The infamous Montreal gig where Roger spit on a fan making his way towards the stage was 40 years ago today.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    you guys following this BS where some right wing public officials in LI are trying to get his Nassau Coliseum show shut down bc of his stance on Israel? Fucking pigs should immediately be removed from office if that were possible.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The whole Israel thing is a bit above my pay grade of comprehension, but this is ridiculous considering he's put on a very anti-Trump show in some of the very reddest of states and has had no such problem putting it on.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Also: Roger Waters turned that shit up to 11. There must be a dozen trailers for speakers alone.
    Nope, just one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    hah, did some additional digging, evidently RW's tour guy used to work for Trent Reznor too.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...5be7502aa.html

He toured with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mary J. Blige, Van Morrison and Beck. He first moved to New Orleans in 2000 while working with Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor, who lived in the Garden District at the time.
    For the Us + Them outing, 18 semis transport staging, lights, lasers, an LED video screen 157 feet wide by 40 feet tall, a flying pig, instruments and other gear. The traveling road crew numbers 65, plus two-dozen truck and bus drivers, and the musicians. At each arena, more than 100 local stage hands help with everything from unloading trucks to serving meals.
    daaaaaaaaaamn

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

45 years after Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour filmed ‘Live At Pompeii’ in the legendary Roman Amphitheatre there, he returned for two spectacular shows that took place on 7 & 8 July 2016, part of his year-long tour in support of his No.1 album ‘Rattle That Lock’. The performances were the first-ever rock concerts for an audience in the stone Roman amphitheatre, and, for two nights only, the 2,600 strong crowd stood exactly where gladiators would have fought in the first century AD.

‘David Gilmour Live At Pompeii’ is an audio experience on its own, while the audio-visual spectacle features lasers, pyrotechnics and a huge circular screen on which specially-created films complement selected songs. Paramount, however, is the incredible music: the show includes songs from throughout David's career, as well as many Pink Floyd classics, including 'One Of These Days', the only song that was also performed at the band’s 1971 show.

Both concerts also saw very special performances of 'The Great Gig In The Sky' from 'The Dark Side Of The Moon' which David rarely plays as a solo artist. The 2-disc concert CD was produced by David Gilmour, and mixed by Andy Jackson and David Gilmour. The 148-minute concert film includes highlights from both shows, filmed in 4k by director Gavin Elder. DVD and Blu-ray versions contain an extra 7-minute documentary by Gavin Elder ‘Pompeii Then And Now’, while the Deluxe Blu-ray 4-disc box contains the 2xCD version, the 1xBlu-ray version, and a full 207 minutes of extra footage: 11 live performances and 5 documentaries, plus bonus collectables. Vinyl lovers can enjoy a deluxe 4xLP version in gatefold sleeves and a hardback slipcase, plus a 24-page photo booklet.

‘David Gilmour Live At Pompeii’ shows an artist at the top of his artistic game, performing incredible material with his world-class band, in a unique setting on one very special occasion.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Went to the show last night, and it didn't disappoint. Great to excellent- I'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum since I'm not sure if anyone's got upcoming shows to attend. Band was incredible and... THE SOUND!!!! Holy shit, the surround sound was intense. Not only that but this was easily the best sounding arena show I've ever been to- and yes, I've been to the UC before. The bass rolled off and wasn't "boomy". Not. One. Bit. Whoever picked the audio equipment and does mixing, etc. deserves huge props.

Production wqs great. I don't think you can fit a bigger LED screen into an arena, it's that big. I'm sure there's the tech details out there (probably in the lead no that @TheRealNs1 sent) and the resolution was flawless. I'll leave it at that.

The new songs were much better live than listening to the CD (another great quality of hi-tech concert production IMHO). There seemed to be more "depth" to them and fit in well with other PF songs.

A couple of gripes, one (very) minor and one somewhat major. From a production standpoint there wasn't anything really new even if everything was executed to perfection. And by new I mean seeing LITS for the first time and seeing bizarre 3D stuff.

The other one one is the Trump stuff. I don't give two shits about that obnoxious butt-hole, and too much of the show centered around him.

Im not the best reviewer (my mind moves faster than my fingers), so that's it! If anyone gets a chance to go to this do yourself a favor and go. It's pricey but worth it- and once you hear/see it you know where the money went to. (Outside of Rogers pockets, heh)
    Last edited by Krazy; 07-23-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 11-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Released 50 years ago today.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Absolutely amazing interview

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Well, him blacklisting artists performing in Israel is a "bold political position" now?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Holy shit. Marc Brickman, everybody.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think for that particular show David should've dusted out more songs from original Pompeii setlist. So what if some of them are Roger's.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    He has no qualm with playing songs solely credited to Roger, like "Money" which had been a staple the whole tour. The issue with him not doing "Echoes" was that it was as much Rick's, and to him David it didn't feel right to do it without him which I respect. This show does feature "Great Gig In The Sky" but I suspect that was done much more as a tribute, and a spotlight on his backing singers too.

Plus, as much as he's willing to do a lot of the old songs, he's more interested in moving forward with his new material. He said as much in one video on this page, that it wouldn't feel right to him if he didn't tour without a new album to promote. I respect that, and it was a major reason why I was excited to see him live. He wasn't just doing a nostalgia show, but also doing something that was more important to him at that moment than his old band's songs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I saw Live at Pompeii at the cinema tonight. I was pretty impressed.

I mean, it is just a bog standard David Gilmour concert in regards to the set list but the venue and lighting is incredible. One of These Days is the highlight