Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Still waiting for a re-issue of Pulse. I'd buy that in a hearbeat (no pun intended)
    O shit, wassup? Hope you have the cash handy. Here it comes!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Still waiting for a re-issue of Pulse. I'd buy that in a hearbeat (no pun intended)
    Released May 18th as promised, and in my opinion pricing is reasonable for this type of product. https://lnk.to/PulseVinyl I just might need to get my turntable set up again!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Not just reasonable, but it's vital for including "One of These Days", which was not included in the CD version.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, Nick Mason started new band (Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets) which is dedicated to touring with the early Floyd material, and they've just announced fall UK/Europe tour
    Band lineup includes Guy Pratt, among others.
    Setlist-wise, they're doing stuff from Piper/Saucerful/More/Meddle/Obscured and early singles, based on the few warm up gigs they just played.

Sunday 2nd September - Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden
    Monday 3rd September - Forum Black Box, Copenhagen, Denmark
    Tuesday 4th September - Moya, Rostock, Germany
    Thursday 6th September - Royal Theatre Carré, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Saturday 8th September - Stadsschouwburg, Antwerp, Belgium
    Sunday 9th September - Den Atelier, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
    Monday 10th September - Olympia, Paris, France
    Tuesday 11th September - Mitsubishi Electric Halle, Dusseldorf, Germany
    Thursday 13th September - Laeiszhalle, Hamburg, Germany
    Saturday 15th September - Beethovensaal, Stuttgart, Germany
    Sunday 16th September - Tempodrom, Berlin, Germany
    Monday 17th September - Haus Auensee, Leipzig, Germany
    Wednesday 19th September - Weiner Stadthalle F, Vienna, Austria
    Thursday 20th September - Teatro Arcimboldi, Milan, Italy
    Friday 21st September - Samsung Hall, Zurich, Switzerland
    Sunday 23rd September - Portsmouth Guildhall, Portsmouth, UK
    Monday 24th September - Roundhouse, Camden Town, London, UK
    Tuesday 25th September - Birmingham Symphony Hall, Birmingham, UK
    Thursday 27th September - O2 Apollo Manchester, Manchester, UK
    Friday 28th September - SEC Armadillo, Glasgow, UK
    Saturday 29th September - Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, UK

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Roger played 4 nights in a row in Amsterdam, which were all filmed for a Blu/DVD by Sean Evans.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Richard Wright would have been 75 today

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yikes

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw the full version of The Final Cut short film last year. It was alright considering that the band was falling apart at the time. The video is weird as I'm not sure it made sense into what Roger Waters was saying at the time. I wonder if the band has plans for a second box set that would focus on 1973-1983 that is filled with rarities and unreleased live material.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    second box set that would focus on 1973-1983 that is filled with rarities and unreleased live material.
    Doubtful. Most of what could be included is already released on reissues of Dark Side, WYWH and The Wall.

I do hope that Nick will record his current tour for a live album/DVD. Roger already did it with Us+Them (Amsterdam shows were filmed).

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Doubtful. Most of what could be included is already released on reissues of Dark Side, WYWH and The Wall.

I do hope that Nick will record his current tour for a live album/DVD. Roger already did it with Us+Them (Amsterdam shows were filmed).
    But what about the 8-track version of "Pigs on the Wings" and the studio recording of "What Shall We Do Now?"

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I was hoping for this, hope it was done in 4K as well. Any articles or sources of info you can share?...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Wall was the last "real" PF IMHO.

TFC was a RW solo album.

The rest were essentially DG solo albums.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Roger Waters turns 75 today

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Looking at picking up 'Their Mortal Remains'. Anyone here own it / have comments?
    Also interested if anyone here caught the recent exhibit of the same name? Really hope they bring it to the states

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    Looking at picking up 'Their Mortal Remains'. Anyone here own it / have comments?
    Also interested if anyone here caught the recent exhibit of the same name? Really hope they bring it to the states
    I would LOVE to see that.

Got my tickets for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets band when they play here in April! So stoked.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'd love to see the exhibit come Stateside, surprised it hasn't yet.

Roger's tour is about to wrap up in Mexico. He's been pulling out some surprises in the encore lately, particularly "Two Suns In The Sunset" from The Final Cut which had never been played live before.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'd love to see the exhibit come Stateside, surprised it hasn't yet.

Roger's tour is about to wrap up in Mexico. He's been pulling out some surprises in the encore lately, particularly "Two Suns In The Sunset" from The Final Cut which had never been played live before.

He did it for the first time in Brazil dedicating it to Moa do Katendę, an capoeira master that was murdered for political reasons (he's opposing to the new elected president).

I was at one of his concerts here in Brazil (not this one with Two Suns In The Sunset), it's been almost two months and still cannot believe.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Gilmour auctioning off 120 of his guitars for charity, including the famed original "Black Strat" which was his primary ax through much of the 70's and 80's and used on more recent solo and Pink Floyd work as well.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Aubrey Powell, who was a major collaborator with Storm Thorgerson on the band's packaging, confirmed recently that another huge box set is in the works, tentatively for release this November. He also said the new Animals release will come out next year.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Me: YAY!
    My wallet: Goddammit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    From what I've read so far I think the November release going to cover the Momentary Lapse Of Reason/Division Bell period.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Me: ...
    My wallet: WHEW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I remember when the WHY Pink Floyd campaign started. I said : "alright! let's do this!"

I bought the Immersive set of Dark Side of the Moon. And stopped there... WYWH box didn't have the documentary video (which I did get later on) and had the same props (which I wasn't really interested in, not twice). I ended up listening to the demos and live versions once or twice. Didn't buy the Discovery box set, cause I was sure if I wanted to spend more on albums I already had or I didn't want to listen to anyway (it's hard loving EVERYTHING they did).

So now I have all the albums in my Apple Music account.... Easy access. Maybe the next next boxset I will buy them. Or just a book. I don't want cds. Anybody have this one? https://www.amazon.com/Pink-Floyd-Al...dp/031643924X/ Or recommend a good one? I only have Inside Out.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post

So now I have all the albums in my Apple Music account.... Easy access. Maybe the next next boxset I will buy them. Or just a book. I don't want cds. Anybody have this one? https://www.amazon.com/Pink-Floyd-Al...dp/031643924X/ Or recommend a good one? I only have Inside Out.
    I have this one:

It's a bit criticized because Gilmour sued the author because some inaccurate info on the Wall album, still it's a great read and it's filled with lots of interesting Pink Floyd facts, you can get it pretty cheap right now.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I remember when the WHY Pink Floyd campaign started. I said : "alright! let's do this!"

I bought the Immersive set of Dark Side of the Moon. And stopped there... WYWH box didn't have the documentary video (which I did get later on) and had the same props (which I wasn't really interested in, not twice). I ended up listening to the demos and live versions once or twice. Didn't buy the Discovery box set, cause I was sure if I wanted to spend more on albums I already had or I didn't want to listen to anyway (it's hard loving EVERYTHING they did).

This is essential reading

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So Roger Waters Us+Them Live could be released in Bluray and in theater later this year. But the news was announced on April 1st. I trust no one on that day.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    So Roger Waters Us+Them Live could be released in Bluray and in theater later this year. But the news was announced on April 1st. I trust no one on that day.
    It was posted today (April 2nd) on brain damage, maybe you saw it on the 1st due to time zone difference?
    At least we know for sure that tour was filmed. (But so was Dark Side tour, lol! )
    Last edited by fillow; 04-02-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah it wasn't on braindamage yesterday, it was announced in Variety

Oh now I'm excited!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

All programs now available to watch on DG's YouTube channel