Page 380 of 380 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380
Results 11,371 to 11,394 of 11394

Thread: Professional Wrestling

  1. #11371
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,311
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Re: The Crowd -

    I watched the Roman vs. Lashley match, and while it was not a MOTY contender, it was NOT a bad match and did not earn the "We the people" and "Rusev Day" chants in the middle of it. I know this one got a lot of attention from the bookers and sites were reporting it was going to be the main event, so the fact that it wasn't should've been enough to cool the crowd down from the Roman hate, and that's not even talking about the clean win Lashley picked up. I think I've been clear with how I feel about how Roman has booked and portrayed, but last night was a bit of an overreaction from the crowd towards the match.
    It always is with the WWE crowd. I tend to notice people take a huge dump on everything (which is fine) but continue to see shows or actively invest in the product even though they “hate” it. They also go to great lengths to slander the company (sometimes rightfully so) to hell and back when they could easily just do like I do and fuck off when they get bored of it. I took breaks and if I get sick of the shit I’ll take another break and cut cold turkey like the last two times.

    I’m bored of and can’t stand Roman Reigns these days but I let the matches play out and it’s whatever to me. I don’t get whipped up into an emotional frenzy with it like others do. Or maybe I don’t take wrestling as serious as other people.

    Minus ETS I Frequently and avidly post on wrestlingforum.com and I must say I love the site but it has its detractors and loud mouths but it’s overly enjoyable. As far as my fandom goes for some wrestlers (Aleister Black, Adam Cole and Rusev) it’s great! However being an Alexa Bliss fan is exhausting to me these days because I get a constant rush of bullshit from every goddamn angle about how awful she is, how she can’t wrestle, how she buries the division and how she made it back to the divas division. I wade through this shit non fucking stop.

    The point I’m making is some “fans” love to suck out all the fun and air out for some people. It also goes to show how serious some people take their title reigns and who holds the belts. One minute you’re an afterthought or liked and the next you're hated. Alexa Bliss could lose the title tonight on RAW and I wouldn’t give a flying fuck as I’d still be a huge supporter and fan of hers.

    Carmella wins the title and was an afterthought and now people despise her ass every two seconds. She’s been around for 5 years and she finally gets the title along with wins and now is hated since Asuka lost. Meh.

  2. #11372
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,995
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Carmella wins the title and was an afterthought and now people despise her ass every two seconds. She’s been around for 5 years and she finally gets the title along with wins and now is hated since Asuka lost. Meh.
    I'm not mad that Carmella won, I'm upset that Asuka went undefeated for 3 YEARS and now all of a sudden they have her booked to have the ring awareness of Stevie Wonder.

    It's stupid.

    Edit: Also Alexa is the best woman in her division zero question.
    Last edited by tony.parente; Yesterday at 04:59 PM.

  3. #11373
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,311
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm not mad that Carmella won, I'm upset that Asuka went undefeated for 3 YEARS and now all of a sudden they have her booked to have the ring awareness of Stevie Wonder.

    It's stupid.

    Edit: Also Alexa is the best woman in her division zero question.
    Call me a jerk off (subjectively) but I hate undefeated gimmicks since it eventually paints a wrestler into a corner and restricts storylines with that person and their opponents. I loved the Mixed Match challenge but the fact every Asuka related promo during it related to keeping her streak alive was a dead giveaway that her and Miz would win the entire thing. It kinda deflated a little bit of the fun to me.

    No I’m not saying that as a Team Little Big fan either, even though they should have won.

  4. #11374
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,995
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Team Little Big
    Last edited by tony.parente; Yesterday at 05:17 PM.

  5. #11375
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,311
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    lol wat?

    What does that translate to?

  6. #11376
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,995
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    lol wat?

    What does that translate to?

    Haha fixed

  7. #11377
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,907
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I went into it knowing Carmella would retain. The finish was just stupid. Two matches in a row and Asuka just stands and stares into space waiting for Carmella. If Carmella pushed her a lot sooner it wouldn't be so bad. Not sure if Carmella is hitting her spot late or that's how it's booked. Either way, it's really bad.

  8. #11378
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cresskill, NJ
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, despite having their worst ratings ever, they still are shoving that Bobby Lashley vs. Roman Reigns crap right down everyone's throats. You'd think they'd say, maybe we should change directions a bit. Guess not.

  9. #11379
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    So, i just hung out with Paige. Very sweet girl..Kinda drunk though.

  10. #11380
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,907
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Man, despite having their worst ratings ever, they still are shoving that Bobby Lashley vs. Roman Reigns crap right down everyone's throats. You'd think they'd say, maybe we should change directions a bit. Guess not.
    Never seen anyone as stubborn. They hate and absolutely refuse to adapt and change things.

  11. #11381
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,495
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

  12. #11382
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,995
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    So, i just hung out with Paige. Very sweet girl..Kinda drunk though.
    Warped?

  13. #11383
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,311
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Warped?


    Maybe?

  14. #11384
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    So Roman is going to finally beat Lesnar (and still won’t be over).

  15. #11385
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,995
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    So Roman is going to finally beat Lesnar (and still won’t be over).
    I mean as much as that is going to suck at least we'll see the belt on TV.

  16. #11386
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,311
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    So Roman is going to finally beat Lesnar (and still won’t be over).
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I mean as much as that is going to suck at least we'll see the belt on TV.


  17. #11387
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, I guess that could happen but my issues with Reigns are the same as Lashley. These are capable albeit average in ring guys with absolutely zero charisma and menial promo skills. Neither are world champion level.

  18. #11388
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Something feels potentially different this time. I don't know if Lashley wins next week or not nor do I know that he doesn't end up in the match either way because of a Lesnar run-in next week that causes Angle to make it a triple threat at Summerslam. But something about this feels different. Cole made it a point to compare Lashley and Reigns' title achievements during their ER match and how Roman has accomplished so much and Bobby just didn't seem to get there. There *should* be a long term plan or outlook for Lashley by having him beat Reigns clean before Summerslam. I could see the title bouncing back and forth between them, and then you have the Braun Strowman factor with the MITB briefcase.

  19. #11389
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Regarding Hulk Hogan -

    I'm not surprised. Look, WWE as an entire company has turned some major corners, but there are still major mistakes being made and that's due to the second nature of the people in charge, namely Vince, Steph & Triple H. Vince can't help himself and Paul has that second nature to have the back of one of the boys. It's not good. I have zero criticism for Mark Henry for trying to polish this turd because he's trying to maintain the relationship with the company post-retirement and keep it positive, but I'm interested to hear what a lot of the wrestlers, especially those of color think about this. I don't know what would happen if WWE puts Hogan in front of a crowd - I'd hope they would boo him out of the building similar to what happened at WM29 when Donald Trump was inducted into the HOF at the MetLife stadium. But a lot of people may end up looking past it.

    It sucks, because one of Hogan's messages to the locker room this past Sunday was to watch what you say because anyone could be recording at any time, and that's not the point here. You should be looking to better and improve yourself and your outlook of other people, not worrying about saying the N word out loud because someone could be recording. Ugh.

  20. #11390
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I loved the Mixed Match challenge but the fact every Asuka related promo during it related to keeping her streak alive was a dead giveaway that her and Miz would win the entire thing. It kinda deflated a little bit of the fun to me.
    Especially since in NXT defeats in tag matches & battle royals did NOT count against the streak.

  21. #11391
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,311
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

    It sucks, because one of Hogan's messages to the locker room this past Sunday was to watch what you say because anyone could be recording at any time, and that's not the point here. You should be looking to better and improve yourself and your outlook of other people, not worrying about saying the N word out loud because someone could be recording. Ugh.
    ”The camera is always rolling dude!!”

    The fact I read that I knew he wasn’t sorry, he was only really “sorry” because he got caught.

    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    Especially since in NXT defeats in tag matches & battle royals did NOT count against the streak.
    Hadnt ever thought of that honestly. That makes it even more misguided.

  22. #11392
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Warped?
    yes! How did you know?

    I went to warped tour to help out the Black Craft booth and she did a surprise meet and greet there.

  23. #11393
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Remember when Nick Hogan paralyzed his friend while driving intoxicated, was sentenced to jail and then that audio recording came out of Terry saying something like, “Maybe down the line we get a reality show out of this.”

    He has always been garbage.
    Last edited by Swykk; Today at 02:12 PM.

  24. #11394
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,995
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    yes! How did you know?

    I went to warped tour to help out the Black Craft booth and she did a surprise meet and greet there.
    I follow her on instagram and snapchat <3

    PS if you want some more like "inside" stuff of paige she is dating the bass player from Attila Kalan Blehm and he's got a snap/instagram too.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions