Page 372 of 483 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,160 of 14482

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I hope he doesn't fight again but I also hope he doesn't go back to the WWE. After what Meekmahan and the Man w/ 3Hs did to him and the fact they lost a lawsuit they funded against Punk. It's best that they don't go after each other. Punk definitely wants to move on and hopefully be happy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He doesn't need to. Last I checked, he still writes comics. He can retire. Nothing left to prove. I'm not convinced he won't wrestle again though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I respect the hell out of CM Punk. Doing what he did was not easy. But it's beyond frustrating knowing that Punk could change the wrestling industry immensely in one night. Want to give WWE the best "screw you" ever? Give them some real competition and make them scared to keep coasting on such solid matches as Jinder Mahal vs. Roman Reigns.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I respect the hell out of CM Punk. Doing what he did was not easy. But it's beyond frustrating knowing that Punk could change the wrestling industry immensely in one night. Want to give WWE the best "screw you" ever? Give them some real competition and make them scared to keep coasting on such solid matches as Jinder Mahal vs. Roman Reigns.
    Fuck yeah. Anyone who saw that Kenny Omega and Okada did will realize that those 2 guys knocked it out of the fucking park and then some while WWE is just offering a snooze-fest.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Fuck yeah. Anyone who saw that Kenny Omega and Okada did will realize that those 2 guys knocked it out of the fucking park and then some while WWE is just offering a snooze-fest.
    Those who complain about lackluster WWE have got to know that they have tons of alternatives. WWE is the biggest but they're not the only. Njpw just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Bigger and bigger. And with their new president, one would imagine their international and US focus will change and grow as well.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, I just lost whatever respect I had for Corey Graves. What a fucking bitch for some of the shit he's saying about Punk. I don't buy this claim that he's still Punk's friend:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...k-ufc-225-loss

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw that. Talk about petty...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It amazes me what a complete and utter joke NJPW makes of WWE and Impact with shows like Dominion 6.9, which delivered on every conceivable level possible. Okada-Omega IV was easily the match of the year, if not the best one yet in their rivalry. You will never see anything even close to that in the other two.

Fascinating that every title except their two junior heavyweight titles are now held by non-Japanese; their top three champions are all Canadian. I knew Elgin would likely win the NEVER Openweight and was sure this was Omega's night, but I did not see Jericho walking out as IC champion at all. It's amazing what that guy can still do as a personality when he's not shackled by WWE PG-asshattery. Nor did I see the Bucks winning the tag team titles so soon after elevating to the heavyweight division. It's very likely Juice Robinson will win the US title from Jay White at the next PPV, too..

Only a matter of time before NJPW overtakes the North American promotions. ROH would be dead and gone if they didn't have the talent-exchange with them and Impact is in its dying days, relying on guys like Aries and Steiner to draw. That leaves WWE, which at its best (NXT), is just mirroring what NJPW does every show at this point. I've all but forgotten they have a main roster in the wake of NJPW's consistent brilliance..

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    very disappointing to see the possible end of Corey/Punk friendship..as they became friends in the local promotion out here in Pittsburgh back in 2003. I just hate seeing friends no longer friends anymore

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, I just lost whatever respect I had for Corey Graves. What a fucking bitch for some of the shit he's saying about Punk. I don't buy this claim that he's still Punk's friend:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...k-ufc-225-loss
    I personally think something happened off scenes between them and he's airing it out publicly for some stupid reason. I don't think it has anything to do with WWE. He just threw that argument in as part of the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

Only a matter of time before NJPW overtakes the North American promotions. ROH would be dead and gone if they didn't have the talent-exchange with them and Impact is in its dying days, relying on guys like Aries and Steiner to draw. That leaves WWE, which at its best (NXT), is just mirroring what NJPW does every show at this point. I've all but forgotten they have a main roster in the wake of NJPW's consistent brilliance..
    If that happens we might actually see a better WWE product as they would have to try and get ratings like in the 90's.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Is it wrong to wanting to ship Braun and Alexa? They're just adorable together.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Is it wrong to wanting to ship Braun and Alexa? They're just adorable together.
    I want it. I want it bad.

I know Alexa is engaged to Murphy but I still would love a Braun/Alexa Little Big takeover romance storyline. It'd be awesome.

Also, Natalya gave Alexa some wedgies tonight. Damn LOL.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-11-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    How can anyone not love Alexa? She's got so much personality and the way she got everyone's attention is incredible as well as getting a nice smile from Braun. I see future Hall of Fame for her. I think with a few classic matches and other great moments. She will be in there with Trish, Litas, Beth Phoenix, Molly Holly, and AJ Lee.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    How can anyone not love Alexa? She's got so much personality and the way she got everyone's attention is incredible as well as getting a nice smile from Braun. I see future Hall of Fame for her. I think with a few classic matches and other great moments. She will be in there with Trish, Litas, Beth Phoenix, Molly Holly, and AJ Lee.
    You're in the minority with me there. I far more often see negativity and hatred for her than I do love and admiration, from people such as myself haha.

Here's to a good showing Sunday.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-11-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Sigh.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I smell "botchamania", coming, lol...

Actually this isn't the first time they messed up an "injured" knee:
    Back in 2002, when Austin had his feud with the NWO (particularly Scott Hall), Nash and Hall broke a cinder block on Austin's leg, the next week Austin showed up with a taped knee in the WRONG leg!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Elite and New Day have 30k watching them right now. That's nuts. Just watching them co-exist and interact is insane on a mark level.

Edit:

A little under 50k watxhing now. Nuts.
    Last edited by Piko; 06-14-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Elite and New Day have 30k watching them right now. That's nuts. Just watching them co-exist and interact is insane on a mark level.

Edit:

A little under 50k watxhing now. Nuts.
    Between WWE actually promoting this and Talking about The Elite on their website and them putting a Kenny Omega match from Deep South on the Network WWE is sucking up hard for when those contracts come due

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I hope Kenny and the Bucks don't go to the WWE. They'll be so misused. Plus, they have a great thing going in NJPW with Kota Ibushi as the Golden Elite. Once they get rid of Cody out of the Bullet Club, things will get better.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I can’t wait for NXT Takeover! So stoked for the Aleister Black and Lars Sullivan match.

Never mentioned it before but Black is my favorite current NXT talent and probably main roster whenever he gets called up. They better not fuck him up.

His music taste is awesome as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So far the tag title match was the best of the night but Johnny Main Event is up next

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    So far the tag title match was the best of the night but Johnny Main Event is up next
    Seriously? I skipped it... Guess I'll go back. Dream coming out as a Hogan/Puma was insane. He's so money. That's probably my match of the might (so far). Might be the weakest takeover, ever.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I can agree with weakest Takeover. Only because I have no interest in watching Shania or Lars work.

ricochet vs Dream was great but watching it after the tag match brought it down for me.

Definitely check out the tag match it was fantastic!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not a bad Takeover. A few sleeper matches but a lot of the matches seem drawn out.

Ricochet and Velveteen Dream didn't need to be near 25 minutes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Good main event. Dumb ending.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good main event. Dumb ending.
    Yeah it was kinda...bizarre. I read the phrase oveproduced and I'd agree.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's a street fight. Anything goes. Why are there guys in suits interfering? And why all of a sudden do they want to consider it a match again and count the fall? It's stupid and makes no sense.

We're clearly getting another one. Why couldn't it just be a no contest?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was fucking insane. Put them in a Hell in a Cell or something nuts.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That was fucking insane. Put them in a Hell in a Cell or something nuts.
    That's what I think they're going to do. No one gets in or out. End of the feud. All for it. Unless they pull the same dumb shit and have guys come our say "enough", stop the match but conveniently count the three. Yeah, I really don't like that finish...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's what I think they're going to do. No one gets in or out. End of the feud. All for it. Unless they pull the same dumb shit and have guys come our say "enough", stop the match but conveniently count the three. Yeah, I really don't like that finish...
    My guess is an Iron Man or Last Man Standing at Takeover: Brooklyn.