Page 373 of 485 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 473 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,190 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There were little things that could've been done differently, but generally speaking I liked the finish. Had that real "this shit has gotten out of hand" vibe. Like, Regal backstage decided to draw the line and get Tomasso medical help before Gargano legit killed him, and then started sending security out to stop this madman from turning Tomasso's brain into mush. As far as they're concerned, Gargano will be named the winner by forfeit and the match is now functionally over. Nobody even considers letting it go to a decision until Ciampa goes for a cover.

It would have been a shitty blowoff but I'm happy with it as building to the finale, and I've not been nearly as high in this feud as most--brilliant matches, but lots of wheel spinning in between and Gargano not being a very good promo doesn't help. It also doesn't help that it's easy to draw comparisons to the Zayn/Owens NXT feud, which didn't deliver at this level in match quality but featured stellar writing and acting from both guys.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm fine with ciampa winning. He needed to. The finish, to me, just felt ridiculous. I get what they were going for. I don't care for the execution of it though. I'll most likely rewatch the show tomorrow and give it another chance. That finish just felt ridiculous in a main roster b show kind of way. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I just got worked. I dunno...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm fine with ciampa winning. He needed to. The finish, to me, just felt ridiculous. I get what they were going for. I don't care for the execution of it though. I'll most likely rewatch the show tomorrow and give it another chance. That finish just felt ridiculous in a main roster b show kind of way. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I just got worked. I dunno...
    The ending was your typical everything collapsed Jim Ross "Bah Gawd!" WTF moment. It wasn't a satisfying ending overall but it made sense I guess.

WWE Shop has 40% off select shirts. Might buy an Undisputed Era shirt and the Aleister Black shirt (or maybe one off his Blackcraft Cult Black Mass line).

I'd buy and rep an Alexa Bliss shirt but they're a bit...feminine in design.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Latest Match:

Just a heads up, I got heat for recording my matches and posting them publically on youtube when DVDs are being made,..SO any of those matches will be hidden, only viewable on here.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw that mixed tag match you did. That was fun and you and your partner got ripped off. You shouldn't have jobbed to that unicorn. Unicorns suck.

Oh, the little Goddess is Miss Money in the Bank!!!!! I love Alexa.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Twitter is on fire like Rome in flames.

The hate train left the station at the briefcase win and after the title steal is now full team ahead!

Chugga chugga chugga chugga!

Hatred, venom and vitriol is spewed her way yet again.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh Alexa... you are the best! Haters can hate all they want. She's now a 5-time women's champion. 5 times! 5 times! 5 times! 5 times! 5 times!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh Alexa... you are the best! Haters can hate all they want. She's now a 5-time women's champion. 5 times! 5 times! 5 times! 5 times! 5 times!
    You can't believe how much vile hatred I've read about her with the past 15 minutes. It's insane.

The pop in the arena painted a different picture.

I'm also surprised how good Ronda was...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Team Little Big won tonight.

Braun should accompany Alexa sometime tomorrow night or vice versa for some fun banter.

Hatred for Bruan's win online too. Man, people are never happy with this product haha.

General consensus I read is both are pushed to the moon and still win big matches like this. No shit, it's a no brainer for popularity.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-17-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ronda and Nia worked their asses off. Props to them. Way better than i expected. Too soon for Ronda to win. Everything was right, imo. And now we have the story of Nia and Ronda gunning for her now until summerslam probably. Good shit.

Pretty good show overall. Completely skipped Roman and Jinder. Heard a beach ball appeared though. No one wanted to see it or care. Shocker.

Braun winning is surprising and assuring. Hopefully means no reigns and lesnar. Or he cashes in and we're supposed to go boo hoo for Reigns again. Whatever. Anyone but Roman. That title needs to get off of Lesnar asap.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard that Roman/Maharahjah-bum match was a total stink-fest. Of course the fans were going to shit on it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I guess I am lenient with my wrestling fandom but people hated this show and both MITB winners and the overall booking in general.

Nakamura lost. (He should've won).
    Asuka lost
    Becky lost.

Three huge No's from people.

People need to calm down haha.

Since I'm a bastard:

Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-17-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    *bow down in glory to Queen Alexa* ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA! ALL HAIL QUEEN ALEXA!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I didn't like how Asuka lost. She just stood there panicking. Maybe it just took too long. The wink from Ellsworth was great.

Nakamura winning would've been nice. It was pretty obvious he wasn't winning. Hopefully he continues doing things and has something to do.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I saw that mixed tag match you did. That was fun and you and your partner got ripped off. You shouldn't have jobbed to that unicorn. Unicorns suck.

haha appreciate it! I was nusing bad shoulders, my male opponent was sick, the female tore something in her knee. My partner was the only one 100% ... I also broke a few fingers in that match.

But just wanted to give you the heads up, cause you ususally watch my matches as they go public on youtube, that won't happen as much anymore, buddy!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Ronda and Nia worked their asses off. Props to them. Way better than i expected. Too soon for Ronda to win. Everything was right, imo. And now we have the story of Nia and Ronda gunning for her now until summerslam probably. Good shit.
    That's my prediction - triple threat at Summerslam with these three. Total setup and it establishes a good heel champion for both Nia and Ronda to go after.

Ronda looked really good last night. Her hip toss of Nia looked legit and it was sold beautifully. Smackdown is gonna have to step up on this now with Charlotte out for surgery until Summerslam.

I like Braun as Mr. MITB. As far as Roman and Brock are concerned... I really got a sense from the Mahal match that this could be the start of Roman turning heel. His post-match comments about up-and-comers not walking over him is a big tease, IMO. I hope they go through with it because a babyface Braun vs. a heel Roman would be MONEY.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I thought MITB was typical safe boring WWE. Alexa winning the briefcase then cashing in is the best aspect.

Fuck ‘em for bringing back that slime to help the Green Trash Princess. They’ve ruined Asuka.

At least Joey Ryan’s ghost will have Kevin Owens’ ghost to hang out with. That was a crazy bump.

Also, I hope the asswipe fan that attacked Paige got dealt with.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    PPV was Ok, but NXT fucked them in the ass again, so sad to think that guys like Gargano, Aleister Black, Velveteen Dream or Ricochet will end up in the main rooster doing mediocre matches.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    That's my prediction - triple threat at Summerslam with these three. Total setup and it establishes a good heel champion for both Nia and Ronda to go after.

Ronda looked really good last night. Her hip toss of Nia looked legit and it was sold beautifully. Smackdown is gonna have to step up on this now with Charlotte out for surgery until Summerslam.

I like Braun as Mr. MITB. As far as Roman and Brock are concerned... I really got a sense from the Mahal match that this could be the start of Roman turning heel. His post-match comments about up-and-comers not walking over him is a big tease, IMO. I hope they go through with it because a babyface Braun vs. a heel Roman would be MONEY.
    Guess I should watch the Roman match. A lot of people are pointing out what you did. He needs the heel turn, badly.

Personally, I thought Ronda was going to spike Jax on her head with that takedown. Looked rough but they managed to pull it off. It looks like a triple threat. But, we still have plenty of time to get Jax out of the picture. Maybe gets her rematch at Extreme Rules and get a one on one with Ronda and Alexa at summerslam.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Didn't care for the PPV. I just can't get into watching stuff on TV anymore. I went over a buddy's house and had more fun just chatting and having fun with friends than I did by anything on the show. The Hardy's documentary was much more entertaining than the PPV IMO. That being said, I'll be at Extreme Rules with my friends..HOPEFULLY I'll be an extra, but I'm really not holding my breath.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Unpopular opinion. I thought the show was better than NXT. Probably the first time I ever said that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    To be honest, TakeOver was even a step down for me quality wise. Nikki Cross and Aleister Black carried their opponents. I have nothing nice to say about Baszler and Sullivan, who was way out of position for that Black Mass (he walks away from it!). Gargano and Ciampa was obviously the match of the night and I got the ending because of course there needs to be a third match. I popped for Gargano’s Captain America gear and for Ciampa’s Thanos shirt. They killed it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Dude YESSSSSS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't watch NXT regularly - five hours of WWE is about all I have time and patience for in a week - but I'll always tune in for Velveteen Dream.
    I was thrilled to see the ladies holding their own in the ladder match and I hope it leads to more opportunities for them to show that anything the male superstars can do, they can too. Rhonda surprised me yet again. I won't doubt her or her abilities again after last night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Unpopular opinion. I thought the show was better than NXT. Probably the first time I ever said that.
    I was at both shows & would probably agree.

Probably doesn't help this year's Takeover that I was at last year's & saw 2 match of the year candidates in Dunne/Bate & AOP/DIY with the post-match beatdown.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Alexa was UNDERNEATH the damn ring.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You can criticize her skills in the ring but you can't deny that she is cunning and fearless in her pursuit for glory. Sadly just now, Ronda Rousey just beat the living shit out of her and went Stone Cold on everyone including Kurt Angle and the referees.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You can criticize her skills in the ring but you can't deny that she is cunning and fearless in her pursuit for glory. Sadly just now, Ronda Rousey just beat the living shit out of her and went Stone Cold on everyone including Kurt Angle and the referees.
    I don't like Ronda Rousey but this is actually good main roster story telling for her title pursuits. I know people are sick of (exaggerating) Alexa Bliss and her reigns but this is purely a throwaway title reign transition while the woman herself is nothing but a pawn to drive forward drama. The hatred is totally off the charts online. I've only started rewatching this shit full time for about two months and I already have learned how to tune out her naysayers and haters. That was a quick time to do so. Maybe I'm not as into it as I was but I do not remember a wrestler I've enjoyed who has gotten THIS MUCH shit tossed her way. I like Becky but the Becky Lynch and Asuka marks are grating after awhile. Becky Lynch said in her podcast interview with Lilian Garcia that she likes to put her friends and opponents over and isn't always 100% selfish in her career choices.

As for Asuka, she stomped on and trampled over every woman on NXT and WWE so far. She will live without the title. She had a lengthy reign on NXT, does she really need the WWE SD/RAW women's title this quickly after her major debut? Calm down, fuck.

Also for all the hate brought towards and on Alexa, I always find it hilarious 80% of her altercations in her in ring promos end with her dead on the mat or lying crumpled in a pile of equipment. She's so awful everyone.

Alexa as a a legitimately hated heel (and in real life sadly) stealing this victory from Ronda plays into people's emotions to make people cheer for Ronda Rousey which is the whole point for this fucking Bliss MITB shebang win. It's so fucking obvious but people just shit on her. It's helping another newcomer out, even if it is Ronda Rousey.

Oh the UK NXT Tournament starts soon!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I disagree about Asuka. She hasn't been used right since being called up at all. Then they beat her so Charlotte can drop it to Carmella of all people. I'm assuming the Asuka and Carmella thing is still ongoing. But, to me, they beat her so they can keep beating her because the vastly creative minds who gave us the zayn/lashley angle likely don't understand her character or how to really use her character. Also the same creative who completely killed Bayley. So while Asuka isn't ruined or dead yet, she definitely looks like she's heading in they general direction and I have zero faith in creative when it comes to her.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Asuka is now just another diva. They just killed whatever mystique she had and what made her so special. This is so typical of WWE. They have certain people that Meekmahan cares about and he'll do whatever he wants to make creative do this and that for this person or that person.