Page 383 of 486 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 483 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,490 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If we're comparing Rousey and Baszler, I'm one hundred percent in the corner of Baszler. Very hit and miss as a promo, but has presence for DAYS and is at a point where she can more than hold up her end of the bargain in the ring, if she has more learning to do. Of course, a big part of what makes her act work is that she's booked to be unstoppable which lends a lot to her aura, and, well, we saw how that worked out for Asuka on the main roster...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    I'm so happy for Kairi. The Pirate finally found her treasure! Did WWE mess with the sound on TV when Rousey was on screen? Because when she was shown the crowd just booed her every time. Which surprised me actually not saying I wasn't doing the same I just thought a lot of the WWE Universe were on the Rousey Train. Choo! Choo! Or maybe it was just Brooklyn being Brooklyn. Anyway going to Summerslam tonight but I'm not hyped for any of it basically no Asuka so I don't really care. I'm looking forward to the post SS RAW and the crowd shenanigans. There was not one Beach ball yesterday which is a good sign, but I'm expecting mass Beachballpalooza tonight though.

Also just like to say Ciampa has the best entrance music of all time.

https://www.facebook.com/dylan.could...7412602935620/
    Hahaha, yeah I tweeted during his entrance yesterday that he does in fact have theme music and that it’s called “hatred.”

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Becky Lynch heel turn?!

Rumors for Evolution - Charlotte vs Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella

Patiently awaiting the Goddess to lose and start her journey against Trish Stratus at Evolution. The build will be awesome.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think Finn Balor ‘s demon gimmick is pretty lame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I read a live blog and this show sounds absolutely dreadful so far. Two intentional DQs, Daniel Bryan continuing his run of anti-momentum after returning (in the scheme of things this was the way to go if the idea is a long program but is a long program really needed? It's already been going on for two years), and one of the very last babyfaces to be organically over with the crowd turned heel on someone who is a terrrrrible face. Who is left? It seems like it's just Bryan, Styles, and Rollins now, plus anybody they call up from NXT for a brief stretch before their momentum gets wrecked.

Also I never really planned on watching the Evolution show live because of all the cringe-inducing fake progressivism that'll be getting run down the audience's throat, but I figured there'd be matches I wanted to see that I'd just fast-forward to. Rousey vs Nikki Bella, Alexa Bliss vs Trish Stratus, and Charlotte vs heel Lynch does not inspire me. It doesn't even make sense with the narrative being pushed. They're going to show how far women's wrestling has come with two main events featuring...

- two model-turned-wrestlers who were faces of the "Diva" era, albeit ones who worked hard to get decent in the ring
    - an outsider with less than a year of wrestling experience, albeit one who is likely the best worker across both main matches
    - someone who, despite A+ mic skills, very much embodies the status quo of yesteryear, a blonde, pretty fitness model who excels at character work. In this sense, pairing her with Trish is a clever match up.

Ignoring workrate or anything else, doesn't this seem much more like a celebration of the days of WWE women's wrestling being allegedly left behind? The three who did the most to open eyes--Banks, Bayley, and Asuka--will likely be well down a card headlined by NIKKI BELLA.

Not that "WWE is a soulless hypocritical entity interested in only in what makes them look good to the mainstream" is breaking news but it's disorienting to see so many actually buying into the narrative this go around.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've actually been enjoying the show. Seeing the Bellas was kind of weird. Can only imagine it leads to something. Maybe a tag match at Evolution.

I'm going to watch Evolution. While there's a lot of bullshit surrounding it, I know it has the potential to be a really good show, if allowed to be. I know most of those girls are going to own it and work their asses off too. It's a matter of whether or not Vince ruins it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I got to make some nice gifs at least. Cool ring gear for maybe like 2 minutes of wear.

I'm not mad she lost at all (I knew she would) it was just so stupid and defied logic. Sure, Ronda is "better" than Charlotte and Becky but how the fuck did Carmella manage decent offense against TWO women in the same match? Yet a one on one, Bliss didn't even get one move in. I feel a face turn in the near future.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just like that, the lesnar reign is over. Kind of anticlimatic. Raw should be interesting. Good show. Weird ending.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Lots of screwy finishes tonight.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Lots of screwy finishes tonight.
    Yeah. But, they were done pretty well, I think.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah. But, they were done pretty well, I think.
    Bludgeon Brothers DQ was pointless. The rest was passable to okay.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bludgeon Brothers DQ was pointless. The rest was passable to okay.
    Oh yeah, forgot about them... fuck them haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, forgot about them... fuck them haha.
    They're both charisma lacking garbage. I hated them both in the Wyatt Family too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Easy weekend, only one match on Saturday.

ended up winning a title! ..but I'm more stoked about the fact that I sold a TON of merch, and left with over 300 bucks in my wallet. Most money i've ever made from a show! I'll post the video once I get it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bliss didn't even get one move in.
    They're really screwing up with booking people this strong. It makes your former champions look completely weak, and even more important, it is not entertaining. KO vs. Braun Strowman was complete garbage as well. They did this twice tonight.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Bryan vs. Miz - Nailed this one including the Maryse interference. Great match, great storytelling. I liked the later segment with Brie and Bryan - it was Brie's best acting on any WWE programming.
    Demon King vs. Baron Corbin - This was a perfect way to reintroduce Finn's mean streak and the squash finish was the right call. Unannounced made it even more exciting as I expect Finn to trot out in his leather jacket. I really, really hope they start to build Finn up and get him back in the title hunt.
    Nakamura vs. Hardy - OK match with the right ending, a clean win for Nakamura. Shinsuke needed this after ER and his series with AJ. Bored with RKO.
    Carmella vs. Becky vs. Charlotte - The clean win over Becky was the nail in the coffin and I'm excited to see a heel Becky take on Charlotte.
    Rollins vs. Ziggler - Feel-good hit of the night. Dug Seth's gear. I think Drew and Dolph need to switch spots in this feud.
    Braun vs. KO - Made sense. It was fine.
    Both tag team champ matches - These were also fine. Revival really needs a big win. I don't think the story between New Day and Bludgeons are over.
    AJ vs. Joe - Loved this match and the DQ ending was the right call. This should continue through Survivor Series and Joe should pick up a win at HIAC.
    Alexa vs. Ronda - this was the coronation of Ronda Rousey and I'm fine with that. Alexa had a role to play here and played it perfectly. I have ZERO interest in Ronda vs. Nikki.
    Brock vs. Roman - I see what you did there, WWE, and fine. I guess. No fireworks, not confetti, nothing for the big win. Just a tease of a cash-in and the crowd buzzing for it even with Braun down and a quick cut away after the win and the belt raise. They did not want the full wrath of the Brooklyn crowd making it to the broadcast and they succeeded. Long term, I hope that they have a plan to make Roman viable now that he's vying for a championship that is now returning full time to Raw (two notes: I liked Roman's two-color vest and thought it looked sharp; they need to fix the Universal Title strap because it's floppy at the end with the gold accent).

Solid Summerslam.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    They're really screwing up with booking people this strong. It makes your former champions look completely weak, and even more important, it is not entertaining. KO vs. Braun Strowman was complete garbage as well. They did this twice tonight.
    it's fine but needs consistency. How does Alexa fuck with Nia at WM34 and Backlash with offense yet do nothing to Rousey? Meanwhile Nia fucked with Ronda Rousey at Money in the Bank just fine. Yeah, it's the same logic of Charlotte, Carmella and Asuka.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'm really happy that Carmella held the title as long as she did. She definitely won't be the first woman who may main event a mania, but she's a great character. I wish Becky would get a good run as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Oh one final thing then I’m done...

Stephanie fucking McMahon managed offense on Rousey. A non wrestler suit figure did more offense than your 5 time women’s champion in the match last night. Fucking terrible.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I skipped watching Summerslam to go see BlacKkKlansman.

This was a wise choice.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Oh one final thing then I’m done...

Stephanie fucking McMahon managed offense on Rousey. A non wrestler suit figure did more offense than your 5 time women’s champion in the match last night. Fucking terrible.
    WWE also released a t-shirt with Ronda putting Stephanie in the arm bar three times. I'd say that if they don't do that to Alexa, then she still has a leg up. Goddess will be fine.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ronda is the attraction. She had to win. Alexa played her part. The build to the match would've been nothing without Alexa tbh. Match played out pretty close to what I figured would happen. Alexa is going to be just fine. This isn't an Asuka situation. She's not dead. If she were, she wouldn't be having a match against Trish. Alexa is fine.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I have one comment about Ronda's makeup -

I approve.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Speaking of that, Becky Lynch's hair/makeup last night would've fit right in as a band member of Marilyn Manson circa Mechanical Animals.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Becky was weird but it sort of made sense. I don't get Ronda's at all. The weird ass makeup and the weird ass cornrows were puzzling to me. Some people seem to like it. I don't get it. I'm thinking, "who backstage sees that and thinks it's good for tv let alone one of the biggest ppvs of the year?". She has a good look without all that nonsense. I found hideous and completely unnecessary.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    WWE also released a t-shirt with Ronda putting Stephanie in the arm bar three times. I'd say that if they don't do that to Alexa, then she still has a leg up. Goddess will be fine.
    I know they won’t and she’ll still be fine after this. It’s just...lame.

Ronda is the attraction. She had to win. Alexa played her part. The build to the match would've been nothing without Alexa tbh. Match played out pretty close to what I figured would happen. Alexa is going to be just fine. This isn't an Asuka situation. She's not dead. If she were, she wouldn't be having a match against Trish. Alexa is fine.
    I guess. I don’t watch UFC and never did so I don’t care much for her but if a UFC retiree brutalizing pro wrestlers in their first profession of choice in joke matches is the attraction than so be it.

She and Trish will have an actual good match and do more for the product than having Rousey being (predicting here) a part time champion that’s for sure.

It’ll easily be one of the best feud buildups since Alexa’s first major feud against Becky in 2016 on SmackDown! If Trish is involved they definitely would have to have promos and a storyline leading there. It’ll be way more satisfying when the match does occur.

Alexa will be fine and go over, which frankly this match is a bigger deal already anyways to me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Regarding Kevin Owens:

I like KO a lot and seeing him squashed by Braun was a bummer... but it needed to happen. It's where the story was going and without a secondary title feud, this was the only outcome. Having a main singles title on Raw again and being able to build up secondary #1 contenders year-round will benefit KO and others who are left with simple feuds and nothing extra to fight for. I'd expect KO, Finn, Braun, Elias and Lashley to get into the Universal title picture.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah KO was a bummer. Hopefully, this is the end of that and he can move on and rebuild. Just a pointless filler match imo that didn't really need to happen. Especially when Braun is going to show up during the main event anyway. Sure, it got KO on the show. But what did it really accomplish?

And Rousey as a part timer? She's there every week, mostly. While she only does limited house shows, I don't consider her a part timer at all. Limited, but far from part time. She was on raw last week, she'll be there tonight and likely next week too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah KO was a bummer. Hopefully, this is the end of that and he can move on and rebuild. Just a pointless filler match imo that didn't really need to happen. Especially when Braun is going to show up during the main event anyway. Sure, it got KO on the show. But what did it really accomplish?
    Paycheck, relevance, albeit for something short, but keeping the second-ever Universal Champ in a match that technically had implications on the main event. It was a bummer for last night and in this moment, but I think they're positioning KO for the long run, especially since he's advertised to be taking on Roman at HIAC.

And Rousey as a part timer? She's there every week, mostly. While she only does limited house shows, I don't consider her a part timer at all. Limited, but far from part time. She was on raw last week, she'll be there tonight and likely next week too.
    Yeah, I don't see Ronda Rousey as a part timer either. She might not do EVERY house show, but she's on TV consistently, and that's certainly better than the other UFC fighter they've had on.