Page 371 of 372 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,130 of 11138

Thread: Professional Wrestling

  1. #11101
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh shit, that means he might return to the WWE. Oh God.
    I honestly doubt it.

  2. #11102
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dela-where?
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I honestly doubt it.
    Likewise. Dude could talk and sell merch. Was a shit worker and a liability. Easy choice.

    Also of note - rumors of WWE opening network bidding for SmackDown Live. This could be very interesting, and open a lot of possibilities. Imagine if SDL went to Fox, or another non-cable network...

  3. #11103
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,323
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Likewise. Dude could talk and sell merch. Was a shit worker and a liability. Easy choice.

    Also of note - rumors of WWE opening network bidding for SmackDown Live. This could be very interesting, and open a lot of possibilities. Imagine if SDL went to Fox, or another non-cable network...
    Imagine him and Alberto El Pendejo being a tag team together.

  4. #11104
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,323
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Well, WWE pretty much wants nothing to do with Enzo but.... Impact is interested: https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact...wer-when-asked

  5. #11105
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Nah, I don't think so. I think the story was more of an excuse to finally get rid of him. After all, he was still an asshole.

  6. #11106
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,680
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Fuck Enzo, never liked that guy, i don't know if he did or didn't rape that woman, but the guys seems like a major douchebag, i'm glad he's out of WWE...

  7. #11107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I was never a fan and I don’t miss him. He was just kinda there on the roster to me. I think his career will be forever tarnished regardless.

    oh hey new avatar

    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-18-2018 at 11:04 AM.

  8. #11108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Remember our friend Adam Rose and his Rosebuds (I know @thevoid99 remembers how much of a fan he was!)?

    http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018...following-wwe/

    Upon (now overdue and very late) investigation I didn't realize how much talent he had in his entourage of shit parading!


    • Becky Lynch
    • Alexa Bliss
    • Dana Brooke (?)
    • Carmella
    • Braun Strowman
    • Elias
    • Simon Gotch


    This clown didn't even even last but 2 years before his marital issues and other shit caused his failures and resignation. Everyone in his stable was better than he was. Ugh. Cringe.

  9. #11109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    It was a doomed gimmick. Marital issues only sped it up. Only a matter of time for Jose.

  10. #11110
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It was a doomed gimmick. Marital issues only sped it up. Only a matter of time for Jose.
    No Way Jose is literally 2.0 and an obvious impending jobber failure.

  11. #11111
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dela-where?
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What did Zayn did to deserve THAT?!

  12. #11112
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    These kinds of segments never do well, I think. I get we're not supposed to like it. Did absolutely nothing for Lashley though.

  13. #11113
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    What did Zayn did to deserve THAT?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    These kinds of segments never do well, I think. I get we're not supposed to like it. Did absolutely nothing for Lashley though.
    An eventual (or even MITB PPV) squash match where he is destroyed by Lashley is obviously within his future.

    On topic, great skills showcase by Alexa tonight (especially that barricade push she did to Ember outside) however she lost as usual. The prevailing notion of people saying she buries and wins all the time still makes me laugh.

    BAE ALWAYS LOSES.

  14. #11114
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,323
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Wow.... I am so glad I no longer watch WWE. Holy shit. That was bad. I saw the small bits and whoa.... FOX just paid a billion dollars for the rights to Smackdown Live!

    What a fucking waste of money and for five years.

  15. #11115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's nowhere near worth a billion. Neither is raw. It's amazing how little effort and care they put into their shows and manage to make so much. That being said, raw wasn't bad. Not much talking and we got a lot of actual wrestling. Can't complain about that.

  16. #11116
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,680
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I heard that the Zayn segment was even worse than the Bliss/Bayley "This is your life" segment last year, woa

  17. #11117
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dela-where?
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I heard that the Zayn segment was even worse than the Bliss/Bayley "This is your life" segment last year, woa
    So, so, so bad. It's 2018, WWE is talking all about inclusiveness, cultural awareness, women's (r)evolution, and then there's this segment. Sami Zayn, a truly pro social justice dude, parading out a bunch of jobbers in drag (yikes) while dancing around spouting off some seriously racially charged content (double yikes). Terrible look for him, and I feel bad that he had to try to put that segment over.

    Very tone-deaf, very bad optics; WWE must do better.

  18. #11118
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,680
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    So, so, so bad. It's 2018, WWE is talking all about inclusiveness, cultural awareness, women's (r)evolution, and then there's this segment. Sami Zayn, a truly pro social justice dude, parading out a bunch of jobbers in drag (yikes) while dancing around spouting off some seriously racially charged content (double yikes). Terrible look for him, and I feel bad that he had to try to put that segment over.

    Very tone-deaf, very bad optics; WWE must do better.
    I was listening the "Talk is Jericho" podcast yesterday with Jim Cornette as guest and he was talking about WWE creative and he said something that caught my attention: "WWE creative, aren't very creative...", so true.

    And then i confirmed that the biggest problem in WWE isn't "lack of talent", "the PG era" not even "decline of wrestling popularity"; it's creative, it's always been the creative team.

    With another creative team:

    - Reigns would be in a better position (i don't know if he would be "The Guy", but at least people would like him more")
    - Talented people like Zayn, Bayley, Ziggler Strowman or Rusev would do so much better.
    - Promos like "This is your life", Lashley's "sisters" or Bella's "in the womb" would not exist.
    - Fans generally would be more interested in the product as years go by (instead of quitting the WWE sooner or later)

  19. #11119
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    - Reigns would be in a better position (i don't know if he would be "The Guy", but at least people would like him more")
    - Talented people like Zayn, Bayley, Ziggler Strowman or Rusev would do so much better.
    - Promos like "This is your life", Lashley's "sisters" or Bella's "in the womb" would not exist.
    - Fans generally would be more interested in the product as years go by (instead of quitting the WWE sooner or later)
    Reigns was getting natural pops and everything in summer of 2014 until the word got out that he was going to be the next "chosen one." He had a decent match with Orton at Summerslam that year and seemed to be on his way and then... the injury. Then the awkward "satellite" interviews... then the fake superstar of the year slammy... then sufferin' succotash... then the Philly Rumble. The only natural pop he got since then was when he took the title off of Sheamus during that last Raw of 2015, then it went downhill again. The angle with HHH turned into one of the most boring WM main events since WM 25 and... meh.

    I want to like Roman Reigns so much. I really do. He has a swagger about him that says he's a superstar. He should be having great matches and featured showcases at almost every event he's on.

    - Get rid of the damn vest. His new one looks awful and is too damn tight.
    - Get rid of the fist-cock. It's one of the dumbest things ever.
    - Turn. Him. Heel. Have him blindside Seth and have him turn on everyone HARD. Do a Rock '98 with him after he beats Lesnar. Seth and Dean come out to celebrate the win and everything is happy and then BAM! He beats the shit out of Seth. Dean looks confused and argues with him. Reigns takes out Dean next. Looks down on both with disgust and raises the Universal title in the air. Next Raw, he comes out and says he owed Seth for four years ago and that he never forgave him. "And now all of you people love him. He's an opportunist and a coward, always reading his environment for his gain. All I did was come out each week for all of you and all you did was boo and disrespect me and leave during my matches so you could buy more of Seth Rollins' crap. It makes me sick!"

    It'd be the biggest program ever and people would come around to him. Then he turns back face later similar to Seth.

  20. #11120
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,680
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I want to like Roman Reigns so much. I really do. He has a swagger about him that says he's a superstar. He should be having great matches and featured showcases at almost every event he's on.

    - Get rid of the damn vest. His new one looks awful and is too damn tight.
    - Get rid of the fist-cock. It's one of the dumbest things ever.
    - Turn. Him. Heel.
    Never liked Reigns, even in The Shield, but i agree he needs a wardrobe change, not only the vest, the "shield" pants are annoying too.

    Mostly turn him heel, if he did last year after "retiring" Taker, people would be involved by now, but nooo... we need him jobbing all year so we can "empathize" with him, really?
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-23-2018 at 09:05 AM.

  21. #11121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dela-where?
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    - Turn. Him. Heel. Have him blindside Seth and have him turn on everyone HARD. Do a Rock '98 with him after he beats Lesnar. Seth and Dean come out to celebrate the win and everything is happy and then BAM! He beats the shit out of Seth. Dean looks confused and argues with him. Reigns takes out Dean next. Looks down on both with disgust and raises the Universal title in the air. Next Raw, he comes out and says he owed Seth for four years ago and that he never forgave him. "And now all of you people love him. He's an opportunist and a coward, always reading his environment for his gain. All I did was come out each week for all of you and all you did was boo and disrespect me and leave during my matches so you could buy more of Seth Rollins' crap. It makes me sick!"

    It'd be the biggest program ever and people would come around to him. Then he turns back face later similar to Seth.

  22. #11122
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Also, I totally called this Roman vs. Jinder feud. I just thought it'd have the Universal title in it. Oh well.

  23. #11123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I've always been kinda lukewarm to Reigns. I think he's a good worker. His character sucks. They try so hard to get him over as a baby face that they completely overlook the consistent problems that hold him back. It's completely possible for him to get good reactions. They've done it a few times. They do a horrible job following the momentum. When he snapped on Sheamus and Triple H, he was over. Vince even helped a great deal. Good enough for them to put the belt on him in Philly and get cheered. Then, they went back to their old ways and undid everything. He's a damaged brand because of creative. Not his fault.

    I'm over him. I don't watch his matches. I just don't care anymore. He's the bathroom break match. I'm that over it.

    They could turn him heel. Then what? When it comes time to turn him back, they will only make the same mistakes with him, again. They ruined him and aren't willing to fix him.

    But Yeah, I'd turn him heel. I'd take him off tv for a few weeks, maybe longer. Long enough for people to forget about him. When he comes back, have him drop Seth. Similar to the Hogan turn.

  24. #11124
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,323
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Lana is going to Money in the Bank!!!!! Lana is #1 Lana is the Best!!!!!! Every other day is.... LANA DAY!!!!!!!

  25. #11125
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Lana is going to Money in the Bank!!!!! Lana is #1 Lana is the Best!!!!!! Every other day is.... LANA DAY!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna be honest, totally surprised they let her get that one. She's not winning the briefcase though.

  26. #11126
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's an odd pick. Hard to imagine her having anything to do with a ladder spot.

  27. #11127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,323
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, totally surprised they let her get that one. She's not winning the briefcase though.
    Hey, I'm just happy she and Rusev are in ladder matches. I just hope the two and Aiden English don't break up and become full-fledge babyfaces. They're just so fun together. They need another woman to be Lana's Aiden English.

  28. #11128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Your boy finally made his west coast debut working in Seattle, Washington this past friday. I had a blast! They even had me teach some of their students some things in ring and out of ring. I was told next time I want to go back my plane ticket is on them! Making moves!

  29. #11129
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Speaking about locals, a friend I had in high school and I reconnected this past week and for a hobby and to lose weight he joined the local scene in Winston Salem, NC. He joked with his uncle about being a wrestler and he said he’d back the funds if he was serious. He was.

    He wants me to design his tights. I should get on that sometime.

  30. #11130
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Speaking about locals, a friend I had in high school and I reconnected this past week and for a hobby and to lose weight he joined the local scene in Winston Salem, NC. He joked with his uncle about being a wrestler and he said he’d back the funds if he was serious. He was.

    He wants me to design his tights. I should get on that sometime.

    he should totally do it! You should design him some tights as well!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions