Page 354 of 483 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 454 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,620 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Once a year, Roman pieces together a decent promo and people seem to forget all of the other terrible ones as well as him being average in the ring. Still Not The Guy.

Ronda was much better on RAW. I hope she’s good after training these last 6-8 months (that we know about. She could’ve been learning from Josh Barnett and Shayna before WWE PC).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The goal should be to get Roman where he was before the injury in 2014 threw him off course. WWE has themselves to blame for that as well with weak interviews and horrible scripting. Roman was gaining steam until that point, especially after he had his big rumble appearance and the fans were screaming him for him when it was down to him and Batista.

I am 100% tired of Brock. TIRED. The man blows up after three minutes in the ring and his matches are just suplexes and F5s. Done. It's time for him to drop the belt and call it.

I expect Braun to destroy The Miz and get the IC title so Miz can feud with Roman as there are rumors that he is about to get pushed big. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miz and Roman trade the belt a few times until Summerslam.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    The goal should be to get Roman where he was before the injury in 2014 threw him off course. WWE has themselves to blame for that as well with weak interviews and horrible scripting. Roman was gaining steam until that point, especially after he had his big rumble appearance and the fans were screaming him for him when it was down to him and Batista.

I am 100% tired of Brock. TIRED. The man blows up after three minutes in the ring and his matches are just suplexes and F5s. Done. It's time for him to drop the belt and call it.

I expect Braun to destroy The Miz and get the IC title so Miz can feud with Roman as there are rumors that he is about to get pushed big. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miz and Roman trade the belt a few times until Summerslam.
    I think it was a "anyone but Batista" kind of cheer. Rusev got it the following year. The only thing that really hurt Roman is the booking. They either rush things, go against the grain, have him run through the fan favorites, or have him say some really dumb things.

If they had taken their time with him, built him up properly as a potential main event star and give him time to actually develop as a character, he'd probably be over as a baby face.

But they tried cutting corners and thought they could do it overnight. Didn't help that they were doing this while Daniel Bryan was still active and the one people really wanted. That hurt a lot too. It's just one bad decision after another. Scripted promos don't help much either. More damage than good altogether in wwe.

I'm over lesnar as well. I absolute hate the fact that he's champion let alone for an entire year. Raw has gone an entire year without an actual champion. That sucks. You need a champion. What are these guys fighting for? No champion. Instead, you just forget there's a champion except for a few days out of the year.

Also, doesn't help that he actually does show up, he just stands there not giving a shit while Heyman does all the work. I'm all for him being a part time attraction. He should never be a champion though. Not long term anyway. The sooner Roman takes it off him the better. Never thought I'd say that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Brock, at one point, was my absolute favorite dude in the WWE. This of course, was back during his prime. But Brock is so fucking shitty now, that his own performances, and the way WWE books him these days, he's become one of my least favorite wrestlers of all time. Get that fucking belt off of that dude and get him the fuck out of the sport that he clearly doesn't want to be in anymore.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I like Brock. He's still crazy over. He's an attraction. It's clear he doesn't care anymore. Putting a title on him is just stupid though. And they keep putting him with the same people. He shows up a few times a year. Mix it up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    gotta say, Roman's promo last night, even if it was a work, was pretty good. certainly earned some points with me, which was refreshing since I'm not a fan of his by any means. but as mentioned, let's see if he can keep it up.

to think, he was in the final 2 of the rumble for the last 4 years, if I'm not mistaken. crazy.

cena/taker in a loser retires match, probably. is it needed at this point?

Braun, who's super over, looks like he'll be the IC champ, to get fans to shutup a bit I guess.

Rousey was much better last night, agreed. bring the intensity. her strong point so far.

let's see if Smackdown continues to flounder. pretty sad, as it was quite strong about a year ago. good talent on smackdown too. just bad booking.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A retirement match would be great. I really don't want Taker to come back. I feel like he got a great sendoff last year. Should leave it at that. Cena isn t exactly on his A game either. Cena carrying a broken down Taker isn't what I want to see at all.

I don't think StrowmanStrowman's going to be the IC title match. I'm thinking he's with Kane and (hopefully) sends him off too. Strowman's the wild card.

The card i think we're getting:

Roman/Lesnar
    Angle/Rousey vs Trips/Steph
    Cena/Taker
    Miz/Balor/Rollins
    Nakamura/AJ
    Bar/Revival (or we get a surprise or multi-team match)
    Asuka/Charlotte
    Nia/Alexa
    Sasha/Bayley
    Multi-team match for sd (I'm guessing hard here)
    Roode/Orton
    Hardy/Wyatt in a final deletion match

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    your card prediction and logic behind it sounds pretty spot on. Strowman is the wild card right now...as over as he is..would it be in the best interest to book him against Kane? I guess that's always a possibility. also..where does this leave Elias too? hopefully he's in the mix somewhere. maybe it's Elias/Strowman (seeds could have been planted last night with Elias escaping) ?

also add to the card: The Andre Battle Royal. You know they'll be milking it to coincide with the HBO Doc.

Bar/Revival could be some quality, 80's level tag team stuff.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Forgot about the Andre battle royal too. Elias could do that. He doesn't have to even wrestle to be on the show. Elias will be on the show in some way. No way he won't.

I think anything with Kane at this point is a waste. And considering how on fire Braun is, huge waste. I'd rather something else for sure. He and Kane have unfinished business though.

Maybe it won't be revival though. Bar said they beat everyone. They haven't faced revival, who haven't been on tv. If it's not revival, maybe an nxt call up like AOP. Not confident on that one though.
    Last edited by Piko; 02-27-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Why can't it be Braun vs. Cena? 2 guys that don't have any real feuds and just let it be a big deal as a new challenge for Cena but it's really a passing of the torch to the next big star in Braun. Besides, I am not interested in seeing the Undertaker wrestle. He could barely move and that match last year w/ Roman fucking sucked.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Rumor just popped up about Cena and Rey Mysterio.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    don't disagree void- would be nice to see Cena pass on the torch to Braun. growing up as a kid in the 90's I was a huge Taker fan but it's sad to see him the past few years. I'd rather not a Cena/Taker match

Cena/Mysterio? Interesting. Rey looked great in the Rumble but...I don't see the purpose of the match other than 2 big names of yesteryear going at it (unless of course, that is the purpose of the match..)

and Kane....Kane...just...why!? give it up man!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Kane is just old. He's not the monster I knew and loved. He's just a dinosaur in a mask.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think what put me off about the current Kane run is that he came back and just started squashing Balor. No pay off. Just destroyed Balor. Kane doesn't need that. Should be putting guys over. No other reason for him to be around.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I think what put me off about the current Kane run is that he came back and just started squashing Balor. No pay off. Just destroyed Balor. Kane doesn't need that. Should be putting guys over. No other reason for him to be around.
    Especially when Balor had a classic match against AJ Styles.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I like Rey, but i don't see the point of bringing him to take a WM spot, the Cena/Braun idea makes more sense...

I also think the Universal Championship match should have been triple threat (Reigns/Rollins/Lesnar), Kurt is likely wrestling HHH with Rousey and Steph and Seth is left off without a feud, i don't want him in the IC title match for no reason...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fuck WrestleMania.... this is THE MATCH TO SEE!!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Fuck WrestleMania.... this is THE MATCH TO SEE!!!!

I'll be there. It's taking place at one of the local promotions here (Which is where I'd like to end up some day!)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^ that should be an entertaining match. I'm sure the crowd will be into it as well. enjoy.

I remember before he was Gillberg and he was just Duane Gill. when I was a kid, my dad used to love when Gill had matches. When WWE had weekly jobbers, Gill was one of the more frequent talents that would come on. his selling and always getting manhandled made my dad laugh. "yes..it's this guy..my favorite one of the weekly scrubs!"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Duane Gill is an underrated jobber. That guy was fun to watch. Jobbers are underrated and never get much credit. Him and Barry Horowitz should be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Someone need to bring The Brooklyn Brawler as the special guest referee

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Duane Gill is an underrated jobber. That guy was fun to watch. Jobbers are underrated and never get much credit. Him and Barry Horowitz should be in the WWE Hall of Fame.
    agree, though as a kid in the summer of 95 I wasn't sold on Barry being a star when they tried to make him a non-jobber. some jobbers went on to have successful careers (such as the Hardys)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    good weekend, 2 matches at two different companies..

defeated Dalton Throttle at RYSE on saturday..

then sunday, I called out DJZ from TNA.. I want a match against him. It was said if I win my match I get my match with him, seeing as i just turned heel there..We had a plan..we had my new heel group interfere right away, slap me in the face, DQ my opponent, granting me the win. ME vs DJZ is on..

but then they added two more people from the area who are VERY talented. I'm SUPER excited.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Am I the only one that doesnt feel easy with rousey having the rowdy nickname and logo? She hasnt earned that and on top of that has no relation to piper at all.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Am I the only one that doesnt feel easy with rousey having the rowdy nickname and logo? She hasnt earned that and on top of that has no relation to piper at all.
    He gave his blessing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't mind as long as Rousey doesn't overdo it, she still has to find her "own voice", but in the meantime the gimmick works for her...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "Oh wow, Roman Reigns is the new CM Punk." Said no one ever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They are trying so hard. So, so hard. Roman has been cutting some pretty good promos too. He's on point. No one cares though. When Vince chooses to come on tv, you know it's bad. It's desperate. Throw Vince on tv to try getting this guy over as the babyface. Vince is good at doing it as a character. Won't stick. Never does.

Roman's "suspended" now. So Brock shows up next week and the rebellious Reigns shows up and cuts another promo.

I'm not hating the build at all. Think it's pretty clever actually. Not working though. Roman is not the guy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Roman is not the guy.
    That being said, the only way to get him over at this point is to turn him heel first. That's the most frustrating part.