Page 366 of 366 FirstFirst ... 266 316 356 364 365 366
Results 10,951 to 10,976 of 10976

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Only things I would change. Punjabi at summerslam. HIAC in October or whenever that ppv is. Other than that, it's very plausible. Too plausible.
    It all culminates in WM35 when Roman must defend the Universal Title in the main event against...

VINCE MCMAHON.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    WM35 will be 9 hours, BTW.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    It all culminates in WM35 when Roman must defend the Universal Title in the main event against...

VINCE MCMAHON.
    "Goddamn pal! Who's gonna make Roman look strong this year?! I do everything around here. I'll get that luscious Samoan over, damnit!".

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!! They'll have to make their own money after that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As great as WWE recap packages can be, some of the more "throwaway" feuds could probably do without them.

Then again, with the brand split, so many of them are title matches.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow, is SmackDown stacked.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Wow, is SmackDown stacked.
    Fucking straight. Samoa Joe, the BAR, Gallows & Anderson, Sonya Daville, Mandy Rose, R-Truth, Sanity (w/o Nikki Cross), Big Cass, Miz, Andrade Cien Almas (w/ Zelina Vega), Asuka, & Brother Nero. And RAW got the Punjabi Jobber. Haw-haw!!!!!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Hope bae doesn't get buried even more on SmackDown! However she and Sonya might turn face to face Peyton and Billie.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Smackdown won the Not Draft big time even if Big Ass is still green and Sanity will sadly be Crossless. Still a huge shot in the arm for the blue brand.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Roman vs. Jinder in a Punjabi Prison match at MITB - Jinder has Great Khali show up again but Roman's dad runs in for the save.

Roman vs. Jinder in a HITC at Summerslam - Jinder beats Roman for the title then Baron Corbin cashes in his 2018 MITB briefcase to win the title.

Then we have six months of triple threats between Roman, Jinder, and Baron Corbin.

NIGHTMARE
    If any of these matches or feud start to happen, i'm quitting WWE till they are off my TV, i don't care if they have AJ vs Bryan vs Nakamura in a ladder match in the same card, i'll watch later.

Asuka got drafted to Smackdown, now she needs Carmella's title and it's full circle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    RIP Bruno Sammartino

http://www.wwe.com/article/bruno-sam...?sf187243454=1

He looked pretty good in all the recent footage I've seen of him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    For a 80-something he was still a big, intimidating guy. Longest reigning WWE/WWWF champion, ever. Over 4000 days as champion. Two reigns, I think. No one will ever beat Bruno. Glad he was able to make nice with WWE before he passed.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Well, this has been a shitty week so far.... Milos Forman, Harry Anderson, Barbara Bush, and now Bruno. Bruno was truly one-of-a-kind and will never be duplicated. His achievements alone will remain untouched.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Luke Harper pushing the buttons on social media...

...you know what that means.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, my new heel look is VERY 1994 TR inspired.

Long black bdsm gloves from the CLOSER video + Corn starch. Also, my entrance gear is completely stolen from TR's attire during his appearance from Twin Peaks

https://instagram.fagc3-1.fna.fbcdn....56521984_n.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Oh yeah, my new heel look is VERY 1994 TR inspired.

Long black bdsm gloves from the CLOSER video + Corn starch. Also, my entrance gear is completely stolen from TR's attire during his appearance from Twin Peaks

https://instagram.fagc3-1.fna.fbcdn....56521984_n.jpg
    You just need "Mr Self Destruct" as your entrance theme and you're good to go!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    you just need "mr self destruct" as your entrance theme and you're good to go!
    agreed!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    awesome ring gear!

as a backyard wrestler almost 20 years ago, Mr.Self Destruct was one of my entrance songs...as was March of the Pigs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ahh yes, the old have the main even on Raw be a women's match to make up for the atrocity to all women in society happening Friday.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Not sure what I think of Friday tbh. On paper, I looks like it could be better than mania. I'm thinking we're going to get most of the finishes we got cheated out of. Mania, their biggest show of the year means nothing. And it all happens in the same month.

Not sure how much I really care about the rumble match. There's nothing at stake. Just a trophy. Haven't seen it. But I'm sure it looks stupid. We got a uterus for mania. Maybe something phallic for Saudi? I'm guessing Braun probably win that though.

Predictions:

Reigns over Lesnar. If reigns loses, He's done. No way his character comes back from this. He looks so out of it too. That's for another rant..
    Wyatt/Hardy over Bar
    Joe wins IC Title
    Jinder wins US Title
    Cena over HHH
    Braun wins Rumble

I forget the other matches...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I don't know what to expect, looks like a great show on paper, but i can't help but think it's just a glorified house show.

It's a huge propaganda show, no doubt, i can't believe they aren't letting the fans purchase their tickets if they aren't in a family with at least a woman.
    Either way: i expect very few title changes and surprises, just you standard WWE PPV with different audience (that still will be interesting to see...)

Predictions:

Cedric retains
    The Bludgeon Brothers retain
    Wyatt /Woken Matt win
    Seth Rollins retains
    Jeff Hardy retains
    Taker wins
    Cena wins
    Nakamura wins
    Lesnar cheats and retains (maybe Samoa Joe helps Lesnar)
    Big Cass wins the Rumble

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Not sure if I'd say propaganda. The royal family there paid top dollar for this and other shows. Nine total, I think. The actual fans can buy tickets. But, they're mostly getting nosebleeds. The best seats are comps. No money really made from sales at all most likely. The only way women are allowed is with family.

For a company that's so high on the idea of diversity and the women's revolution, they're fine with doing a show under these certain circumstances.

Money talks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I really don't know why they didn't award the winner with a money in the bank contract or a title match at Backlash. The damn name of the show is "GREATEST Royal Rumble", yet this is the most worthless royal rumble match in history. Also, didn't Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss have a match just months ago in Abu Dhabi without an incident? In fact, the crowd chanted "This is hope" while the match was going on. It sure feels like WWE just took a gigantic leap backwards in the "women's revolution" in the name of a payday.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I really don't know why they didn't award the winner with a money in the bank contract or a title match at Backlash. The damn name of the show is "GREATEST Royal Rumble", yet this is the most worthless royal rumble match in history. Also, didn't Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss have a match just months ago in Abu Dhabi without an incident? In fact, the crowd chanted "This is hope" while the match was going on. It sure feels like WWE just took a gigantic leap backwards in the "women's revolution" in the name of a payday.
    Abu Dhabi is in UAE. They're a bit more progressive that Saudi Arabia. They allow women to work and attend. They have to cover up and wear body suits pretty much though. It's a start. Saudi Arabia is still very behind on that.

I do kinda wish the rumble had some actual meaning. Match at summerslam. something. I'm sure we're going to get some surprises. And maybe it'll be actually good. But it serves no real purpose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Abu Dhabi is in UAE. They're a bit more progressive that Saudi Arabia. They allow women to work and attend. They have to cover up and wear body suits pretty much though. It's a start. Saudi Arabia is still very behind on that.
    That's kind of what I'm getting at though. They could have had an event there and not made it this big, or had a massive event in a location which was more progressive, yet they chose to go this shitty route. Lots of curiously shitty decisions were made to make this event as controversial as it is.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    That's kind of what I'm getting at though. They could have had an event there and not made it this big, or had a massive event in a location which was more progressive, yet they chose to go this shitty route. Lots of curiously shitty decisions were made to make this event as controversial as it is.
    Money talks. It wasn't all a wwe choice. The Saudi royal family wanted this and paid a shit load of money for it. For the amount of money WWE is probably getting, it probably has to be what it is.

Saw on Twitter earlier that the women will likely be compensated and paid. Good on WWE.