Page 3 of 483 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Great wrestlemania! Taker/Triple H, easily, match of the night.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Great wrestlemania! Taker/Triple H, easily, match of the night.
    Well, was there any doubt in that?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Well, was there any doubt in that?
    Between that and Rock/Cena, yeah.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Bryan Danielson, your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION and one of the best workers in the company, facing the ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER is the CURTAIN JERKER? seriously? and then to have the match be 18 seconds? Absolutely ridiculous.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm not happy about that match either. What the fuck?! With the exception of Punk/Jericho, HHH/Undertaker, and Rock/Cena, that was a pretty lackluster Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, Daniel Bryan jobbing in 18 seconds was pretty bad... not a fan. But that was terrible. Either he did something to piss someone off, or they did that to make time for the other matches. I didn't even watch the tag match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't think WM was great it was pretty lackluster to me with the one exception being the Undertaker vs. HHH which was great. Y2J and Punk could have been so much better and the same could be said about ROCK/Cena because that didn't live up to the whole year of hype we had to endure. But those were the 3 best matches.

BTW the reason Daniel Bryan lost the title in 18 seconds (according to various rumors), and man are you guys gonna love this, was because they wanted to break the previous WM record for fastest match which was some Chavo/Someone else I can't remember who else match a while ago. Well even the geniuses at WWE managed to fuck that up because the record was 8 secs and the DB/Sheamus match was 18 seconds. What a waste. Overall I would probably give a C- at best D+ at worst for this show. Really kinda of a let down for what is suppose to be the Superbowl of wrestling. But Taker/HHH/HBK were great no doubt about that!
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 04-02-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I thought it sucked. Royal Rumble sucked and so did this. Daniel Bryan is one of the best in the WWE and not only do they make his match (with the fucking Royal Rumble winner) first, it's over in 18 seconds and it could have been one of the better matches from the PPV and they make it a squash. Then they make Taker/HHH too early in the card and that happened to be the best match of the evening. Punk/Jericho was okay, though I think Y2J is past his prime, this match would've been great five years ago, but Jericho isn't the same wrestler he was back then and the match suffered because of it. I will admit Punk with the chair while Jericho yelled "hit me" and shouting out things about Punk's family was funny and very Ric Flair-esque. Rock/Cena was just plain awful. The stupid music before introducing both wrestlers and the bullshit Cena-people's Elbow ending was clown shoes. Not to mention Cena can't wrestle, he's a brawler and a showman. This piece of crap should've been early in the card. Just lazy all around for the WWE, who after doing great jobs with matches and storylines have fallen flat with each PPV this year.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That would be Chavo Guerrero vs. Kane for the ECW Championship in 2008, holding the record for shortest Mania match ever.

You'd think they could cut some of the crap back stage and let the focus be on *wrestling* at WRESTLEmania.

Rumor is Brock Lesnar signed a one year contract and may appear on Raw tonight.
    Last edited by Fifey; 04-02-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Heard that rumor about Lesnar as well. Casey (or Cicatriz on these boards) told me Lesnar and Batista were backstage last night. Looking forward to the fallout.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Lesnar would be a huge surprise considering he's still under contract with UFC. I remember reading that Dana White wouldn't let him go anywhere else while still under contract. Maybe they worked something out. And has he gotten his health under control?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Brock Lesnar would be a nice fresh breath of air. His last folly in the WWE at Wrestlemania XX and his loss to Goldberg and further no show follow up after on SmackDown! was lame and a let down. I know he wanted to pursue his short-lived Minnesota Vikings career but he should've stuck with WWE for a bit longer before going to UFC. Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Vicki Guerrero needs to get lost. Tired of her and her being the manager/valet for Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger isn't doing anything for anyone.

New wrestler: Lord Tensai

Hahahahah wow.

Hello A-Train, welcome back.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-02-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    LOL at Prince Albert being back in the WWE.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I lol'd. I think everyone in the crowd knew who he was also. And the rumors were spot on about lesnar. I liked the "we want lesnar" chants and how Cena only continued to sob. I hope lesnar destroys him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Daniel Bryan is so over with the crowd. The Miami crowd was great. Cheering for the Rock, Punk, Jericho, A-Train!, Santino, Zack Ryder, and BROCK LESNAR!!! I was like "fuck Cena up!" and he did. That was a damn good Raw!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So tonight we got a damn fine show a night after we got one of the worst Mania's in recent memory. Funny how that works. Good to see Daniel Bryan is still in the mix. Loved Rock's segment at the beginning. But as disappointing as that Jericho/Punk match was, Y2J coming out and and antagonizing Punk again was awesome and classic, we can only hope this leads to a better rematch at Extreme Rules considering both Punk/Y2J have delivered awesome segments towards each other but failed to deliver the match. Lesnar is awesome, him F5ing Cena was badass and it should lead to a decent match if we're lucky. Let's just hope they don't fuck up Lesnar by putting him against Sheamus at some point. Speaking of which, fuck Sheamus and Del Rio, worst segment of the night and it's going to lead to a worse match down the line.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, fuck Sheamus. He's not terrible or anything, but I'm certainly bored of him. And I'll admit that I didn't care about his match. But, I was still shocked that they squashed Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds. Sucks to be him right now...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't have anything against Sheamus either. I like the guy. I think he's a pretty good performer. Pretty likeable. The way he was chosen to win like that didn't make him look good. I was hoping for something more. Instead, he gets the Miami crowd hating him. It's bad for him but for Daniel Bryan, it's another door opening for him where he could be a face for the company based on that crowd reaction.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I love how people are equating Brock's return as a return to the Attitude era, when he was barely even part of it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Always figured Lesnar came along after the attitude era.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think the fans want Cena to go heel. I mean we all hate him, and his whiny speech made me hate him even more. just turn him heel.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    As long as all the kids are buying his merchandise, it probably won't happen. If he went heel, he would be so much better. His smug attitude against the rock was great. He fed off the naysayers. He's very capable of being a heel. But they're going according to their stocks.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Plus, Cena creates a good image for WWE w/ all the make a wish stuff, if he turns heel, think of all the publicity WWE would lose.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    John, love him or hate him, is the best pure babyface they've had since Hogan. And he had his detractors too. I think the only way a heel turn will happen is if someone can eclipse his charisma, drawing ability, and public profile. Orton's now stuck in this go-nowhere feud with Kane, so he's turning into less of a possibility. Punk has a better chance, since he has the first of those three attributes in spades, and is getting closer on the other two.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Eh... maybe I just don't get it. He's got the marketable look to him, but other than that, I don't see much. Hogan worked in the 80s and then became nostalgic. The 80s were a very different time. These days, the consumer base have zero problem voicing their opinions. If Hogan were to have debuted ten years ago, no one would care. Same with all of the guys from that time.

Cena's stale and tough to watch. But I'll agree that when it comes to.sponsored programs, he's obviously the best choice since he is their guy.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What WWE is struggling with, is getting away from their past. Which is funny if you consider in the mid-90's, they did a lot to devalue some of their top performers. Randy Savage being the prime example, sticking him in the broadcast booth and not using him as fully as they could have. The last 3-4 WrestleMania's were headlined or heavily focused on past top stars. Cena is stuck in the middle of that, and as a result it's fun for part of the audience to see him get verbally beat down by the Rock or destroyed by Lesnar. I personally think the "Cena Sucks" crowd just wants him to drink beer and swear more often.

But I half-agree with what you're saying. In a very broad sense, the wrestling of yesteryear probably would not survive in such a television culture as we're seeing now. Look at Ring Of Honor, a company that prides itself in more traditional wrestling and presented the talent more as athletes than as entertainers. Their TV deal with HDNet is gone, and the last I heard they went with a rather second-rate syndicator. So in that sense, you're right.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Bumping this because there are several good WWE Videos on Netflix's streaming service. Documentaries on Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, the Von Erich's, NWA/WCW, and the AWA and more.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Bumping this because there are several good WWE Videos on Netflix's streaming service. Documentaries on Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, the Von Erich's, NWA/WCW, and the AWA and more.
    The Piper one was pretty cool. Halfway through the undertaker one. Three parts, two and a half hours each. I watch in segments.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    And the wealth of stuff on YouTube is staggering. Dig deep and you'll see what I mean.