Page 324 of 345 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,720 of 10345

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Southpaw is delightful. I think I know who everyone is except Chet Chetterfield (Fandango?) and the two guys with Jericho...were they Neville and Gotch? I watched it on my phone so the screen was tiny.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-18-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yep, Fandango is Chet.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the "Nude Day Rocks" chants,,,

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Some people make a way bigger deal out of this on social media. I really hope Paige will own up to this and not let herself dragged down. I liked her initial tweet and the lack of "BAH GAWD, IM GONNA LAWYER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Southpaw is delightful. I think I know who everyone is except Chet Chetterfield (Fandango?) and the two guys with Jericho...were they Neville and Gotch? I watched it on my phone so the screen was tiny.
    Watched all 4 yesterday; pretty funny stuff. Something like Southpaw is a phenomenal way for guys to get over, and also space to practice character development and delivery.
    As much as I dug the first 4 episodes of SPW, I couldn't also help but be a bit frustrated. As cool as it is to see them letting the Superstars grow their character(s) it's a damn shame that more of this isn't "allowed" on the tee-vee. Case in point - apparently, TJP is John Johnson. Where's this personality/charisma on Monday and Tuesday nights? Oh, right. He's not allowed to go off script and has to force video game puns into every promo. If anything, I couldn't agree more with this synopsis posted by Whatculture:
    The overscripted nature of the modern word of pro wrestling stifles creativity, and Southpaw Regional Wrestling is a perfect example of what can happen when the talent is granted more freedom over their characters and angles: magic.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    So. goddamn. exhausted.

Saturday I woke up at 5 Am and hit the road to Tennessee for a 10 hour drive. Got a 4 ways for a cruiser weight title shot, which i won..then a few matches later was my first round match for the cruiser weight tournament, which i lost..then the champion immediately granted me my title shot without giving me time to rest.. Which i lost... Then I hi the road for the 10 hour drive home..got home at 7AM on sunday, woke up at 11 am, hit the road to cleveland and had a tag match today. I LOVE Mondays.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    So. goddamn. exhausted.

Saturday I woke up at 5 Am and hit the road to Tennessee for a 10 hour drive. Got a 4 ways for a cruiser weight title shot, which i won..then a few matches later was my first round match for the cruiser weight tournament, which i lost..then the champion immediately granted me my title shot without giving me time to rest.. Which i lost... Then I hi the road for the 10 hour drive home..got home at 7AM on sunday, woke up at 11 am, hit the road to cleveland and had a tag match today. I LOVE Mondays.
    Hope you sleep well my friend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Gotta wonder if Cena was trying to be like Mean Gene. Either way, he was hilarious. Took me awhile to figure out the other announcer (also pretty funny). I won't spoil that. Watched three eps so far. It's amazing.
    I would say Lance Catamaran was modeled off of Lance Russell.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Of course The New Day makes a subtle sex tape joke to Xavier on Raw.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Of course The New Day makes a subtle sex tape joke to Xavier on Raw.

I missed it, what was said?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was at RAW tonight and I was just wondering if you guys at home could hear the constant WE WANT PAIGE! chants or did the WWE sub out the audio? We also got a Brock vs Big Show dark match to end a pretty boring RAW. I'm going to Smackdown tomorrow night in CT hopefully that will be a better show.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    I was at RAW tonight and I was just wondering if you guys at home could hear the constant WE WANT PAIGE! chants or did the WWE sub out the audio? We also got a Brock vs Big Show dark match to end a pretty boring RAW. I'm going to Smackdown tomorrow night in CT hopefully that will be a better show.
    I'm pretty sure WWE did edit out the audio though I did hear a lot of "We want Paige" and "CM Punk" chants were said.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I heard it. They definitely muted the audience some. Apparently, there were even Maddox chants.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So, some pics of Celeste Bonin leaked. Some are in a "hub". Just saying... These leaks are popping up like wildfire.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Did anyone mentioned that Jim Cornette will be inducting The Rock N Roll Express at the HOF ceremony?

Talk about hell freezing over...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Did anyone mentioned that Jim Cornette will be inducting The Rock N Roll Express at the HOF ceremony?

Talk about hell freezing over...
    I bet it will just be a one-time appearance unless the Midnight Express is inducted w/ Cornette inducted as well.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I bet it will just be a one-time appearance unless the Midnight Express is inducted w/ Cornette inducted as well.
    Or if/when they choose to induct him. He definitely belongs in there.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Even though it will probably be scripted as an "epic back-and-forth encounter", I would personally love to see AJ beat the living fuck out of Shane at WM33

I'm tired of Shane-O-Mac being the best the WWE can do for a guy like AJ who, even at 40 years old, is the best thing they have on the roster right now. It pissed me off last year when they wheeled out Eldertaker for no reason and then put him in some random match with Shane, like that was something people actually cared about. Now this? Seriously?

FFS, even another AJ vs. Cena match for the WWE title would make more goddamn sense at WM. "The ultimate thrill ride", my ass. The ultimate snoozefest is more like it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm so not going to even bother watch a second or a frame of WrestleMania 33. Last year's nearly gave me a stroke. I ain't risking my health for this bullshit.

BTW, that stuff w/ Miz and Maryse as Cena and the Bellas was hilarious.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jericho vs Owens is literally the only match I care about. That's not enough for me to watch.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Aries/Neville should be excellent (as long as they give them time) and i'm curious for AJ/Shane, i wish Styles was in another match but i'm curious to see AJ's performance and how he ends up on RAW (and a possible Balor interference...)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    You're 100% right about Aries vs Neville. I forgot about it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Aries/Neville could steal the show. First mania for Aries. So I figure he's definitely going to show up. Think it's the first for Neville as well.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Aries/Neville could steal the show. First mania for Aries. So I figure he's definitely going to show up. Think it's the first for Neville as well.
    Yes, it's Neville's first, last year he was hurt...
    I'm just afraid Neville/Aries won't get enough time; there's a shitload of matches this year (quantity over quality as it was since the brand split).
    Or maybe the match gets pushed to the pre-show *sigh*
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-22-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yes, it's Neville's first, last year he was hurt...
    I'm just afraid Neville/Aries won't get enough time; there's a shitload of matches this year (quantity over quality as it was since the brand split).
    Or maybe the match gets pushed to the pre-show *sigh*
    Fuck, they better! It's a SEVEN HOUR SHOW. Probably the biggest card since WM7. They better get time. At least 10-15 min.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Fuck, they better! It's a SEVEN HOUR SHOW. Probably the biggest card since WM7. They better get time. At least 10-15 min.
    Oh man, 7 hours!!!???

...it takes me a whole week to watch RAW alone.

Also: According to Meltzer; Paige won't be punished for her sex vids.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-22-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Last year, with the two hour preshow, it was seven hours. Pretty sure it'll be the same this year.

It was torture. By around the last hour, I was exhausted. It's too much.
    Last edited by Piko; 03-22-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The Aries/Neville and Jericho/Owens match are the only ones I care about. I want to care about the Smackdown women's match but I'm afraid it will be a clusterfuck and that it will give a certain diva whose name I'm not going to say an appearance when she hasn't done shit to earn a spot.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm 50/50 on the SD women's match. Raw one could be good. Kinda expecting the same as last year. Not a fan of Nia, so I can only imagine her trying to keep up with the other three. Owens and Jericho will be good. The one I'm dreading the most is Reigns and Taker. Taker just can't go anymore. Reigns isn't a bad worker. But he's not good enough to carry a good match with Taker. And how is he not heel? I'm hoping it's Taker's last. It's painful to watch now.